996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My new C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
Sweet choice! The C63 is one fantastic car!

Old 07-25-2010, 06:00 PM
joeyrotorhead is infamous around these parts
congrads! got to love the sound of that V8 too, it's a beast!

Old 07-25-2010, 07:24 PM
mpw32 is a jewel in the roughmpw32 is a jewel in the roughmpw32 is a jewel in the roughmpw32 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats! great color for the C63

Old 07-25-2010, 08:10 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
I love this car, great choice for a 4 door.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:15 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Awesome car, Sheawn! I just fell in love with that car on Friday. My neighbor Oishii Sushii's owner just let me clay bar put sealant wax and a carnauba topper on his gray C63. I was very surprised I dug it as much as I did. I've never been a Mercedes guy. When I dropped it off, he was pumped at how it turned out. He then asked if I gave it a proper test drive, and I had to admit, I did a little. Never got it over 4.5K RPM's and only drove it around the block, but still got a decent taste. I love the seats, and the finish inside the car. It's much more sporty than my brothers E63. That and my buddies E55(Tag's old car) are the only Merc's I've ever liked. I would love to have one someday.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:45 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Sean, CONGRATS! I love that car in Silver, MUCH MUCH better than the other color you asked about. Now let's line the C63 and ISF up for a race... I know the C63 is faster, but it would be fun to see how much faster...
Peter

Old 07-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Sean, CONGRATS! I love that car in Silver, MUCH MUCH better than the other color you asked about. Now let's line the C63 and ISF up for a race... I know the C63 is faster, but it would be fun to see how much faster...
Peter
Peter can I join in with my new Gallardo, I swear it will be fair!!!

Old 07-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thanks everyone.

As soon as I break her in I am going to chip her for an extra 45hp. My break in have been up to 6KRPM....better seal to the rings, yes. Mercedes says only to go to 4.5K Rpm, but I have heard that that is more to protect the drivetrain than the engine.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 07-25-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:37 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Thanks everyone.

As soon as I break her in I am going to chip her for an extra 45hp. My break in have been up to 6KRPM....better seal to the rings, yes. Mercedes says only to go to 4.5K Rpm, but I have heard that that is more to protect the drivetrain than the engine.
Ya, i saw that...was about to ask the name of the tune that would give 405 hp!!!! 45 aint so bad though, congrats again!

Old 07-25-2010, 11:38 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Thanks everyone.

Sounds like BS. I always skip the break in, and have always had strong running reliable cars(996TT was used).

Old 07-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
jeez $11k off that is one great deal, how come I never find those type of deals :/

The C63 is a great car no doubt, personally I didn't like it that much, the engine is too powerful for the gearbox, despite power, it is not put down to the floor very well somehow, brakes are huge but don't stop as expected and handling is mild yet harsh. But at $11k off it does make sense.

Aside from the chip, you may do the pulley and the "x" in the exhaust for little money in order to put it up to the SL63 power.

Last edited by Frissen; 07-26-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:43 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
nice car Doc, congrats!

Old 07-26-2010, 02:01 AM
jdarzi is infamous around these parts
Hot. Beautiful car.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:24 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
Sounds like BS. I always skip the break in, and have always had strong running reliable cars(996TT was used).
There is a reason for that^, if you let the car warm up completely and then progressively run her harder then you will get a better seal to the rings and the car will actually make more power.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:27 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
A good rule of thumb is: break it in how you intend to drive it. Always had good luck with it. Remember...they run the engine at the factory, for the most part, the rings are broken in the second they start it...give it a couple hundred miles and then go for it...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new C63