996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

PAGID RS 5 Blue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 02:52 AM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
PAGID RS 5 Blue

Anyone uses PAGID RS 5 Blue? Any comments on street use only? Thanks.
-Noise=
-Rotor Friendly=
-Good stopping when cold=
==================================
RS5 is a ceramic based friction
material with a medium level of
friction and smooth strong initial bite
giving instant response. RS5 offers
the most consistent level of friction of
all PAGID compounds, making it
much easier to brake very hard and
still having complete control over the
braking event.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Blues are brutal on rotors. I suggest this ONLY for full time track use.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:37 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Dan, you mean RS 4-2 Blue or RS 5 Blue?

Old 07-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Sorry was saying 4-2. Not sure on 5.
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/b...ss_8=38&page=2

Old 07-28-2010, 11:36 AM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
Can you please explain...I have heard different things. By looking at the working temp and friction levels, it appears they are good for aggressive street driving...lower constant working temp than the other pads and the highest friction level at the lowest temp (which is why I had them installed recently).

Old 07-29-2010, 12:56 AM
I found this from pagid web for RS4-2 blue. It says rotor friendly and good saving for pads and rotors. Not sure about RS 5 blue.
Any comment on noise for RS 5 and RS 4-2?

==========================
RS 4-2 (blue) Carbon Based
Few brake friction compounds are as highly
regarded as PAGID RS4-2 (known by many as
'PAGID Blue'). Originally developed in the late
1980's RS4-2 remains our biggest selling and most
versatile friction compound.
Technically, RS4-2 is a carbon based compound
with a medium friction level. It has an excellent
low temperature response, remains very stable
over a wide temperature range, and can withstand
constant temperatures up to 600°C.
RS4-2 is a very user-friendly compound with
excellent modulation and 'feel'. Drivers report excellent pedal-feel that gives confidence in
extreme braking situations. With its optimum blend of performance characteristics RS4-2 is
widely used across many forms of Motorsport from single seaters (Formula 3), through sports
car racing (Britcar), to Group N rallying on gravel and wet tarmac surfaces.
Increasingly, it is the preferred choice of brake friction for competitors in both historic rallying
and circuit racing. Subject to the requirement of Regulation EC90* it is also widely fitted as an
upgrade material for road cars.
Lower Disc Wear Another significant advantage of RS4-2, in comparison to many competitor
products, is its relatively low wear rate on the brake discs. Inferior pads may appear to work
well for a short period, but the wear rate of the pads and the brake discs can be very high.
Over the course of a season the PAGID RS4-2 product will often show not only a performance
advantage but may also save you £££'s when the replacement cost of pads and discs is
calculated. PAGID RS4-2 is available in over 100 different pad shapes covering most of the
popular racing calipers and many high performance road car applications.
==============================
RS5 (Blue) Ceramic Based
New for 2006 RS5 is the latest
development from the engineers
at PAGID, the initial design
criteria was for a material
specific for F3. However initial
feedback shows that this
compound is a great all rounder.
RS5 is a ceramic based friction
material with a medium level of
friction and smooth strong initial bite
giving instant response. RS5 offers
the most consistent level of friction of
all PAGID compounds, making it
much easier to brake very hard and
still having complete control over the
braking event. This allows the ability to brake very late into the corner with confidence, we
have seen 10 meters later than our major competitor’s product with no issue of wheel lock.
While still in prototype stage in mid 2005 test sets were issued to a major F3 team, with no
prior testing the pads were installed into 2 cars, one of these cars qualified on pole for both
races and took lights to flag victories.
This compound displays exceptional control, a higher average friction level than RS4-2 and an
increased operating temperature and increased pad life at higher temperatures

Old 07-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor
I will respond to you offline via email. You can Email me at dan@vividracing.com

Old 07-29-2010, 12:16 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
Dan

Just about how many track miles do they last ??

Old 07-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Former Vendor
I have never used blues personally. The only time I was told to recommend them for a customer is they had excess build up/pad glaze on their rotors and this would help through the bedin process get the old material off.

RDSS - I can recommend a brake pad based on your car setup, tires, suspension, driving style, and type of circuit you are running. Feel free to email or PM.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:30 PM
btapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of light
I have carbotechs and they don't seem to be too bad on rotors..