996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any thoughts on the Vivid Racing GT2 bumper?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 12:42 PM
stealthdriver is infamous around these parts
Your products look gorgeous! However, I just talked to Maurer's again and they really want to stay away from fiberglass. I think it may be safer to stay in the area that they feel more comfortable in. And due to the fact Im here in the middle of New Mexico, I don't have many body shops to choose from... I'm going to talk to one of my buddy's friends who has a GT2 bumper on his his car later on today and get some advise from him as well. Sucks that everyone on this board is recommending the fiberglass bumper and everyone here I know is recommending the polyurethane one. Gets kinda confusing

Old 07-30-2010, 03:07 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
I have the NR Auto poly GT2 front skin - and it fits very well. Others have had issues, but my experience has been very good. I know that Chris (Roadsterdoc) had the NR skin as well, but never talked to him about fitment issues.

The upside to poly is that if you bump something, you're not fixing a break and may not need to repaint either.

Last edited by RiA; 07-30-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:34 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Looks nice too

Old 07-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Patrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant future
Here's another one for Precision Porsche... Ordered through Dan at Vividracing and Edwin gave us all the advice. Fitment was perfect and we had our local GM body shop do the work. They did both the rear wing/deck lid and the front bumper. Looks great, but I just wish Porsche OEM wouldn't charge $$$$$ for the carbon grill. The price between the ABS and CF was ridiculous. I shouldn't have done it but it looks to good to pass up.

John

Attached Images   
Old 07-30-2010, 10:38 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree, there have been a TON of very satisfied customers who went with the Precision Porsche bumper on this board, but if the shop that you are going to be using prefers to use Poly, I'd go that route, simply because they're better at working with it. As an analogy, sure you can have a Ferrari mechanic who's used to working on VERY expensive and complex Ferrari engines and have him work on a Porsche and he'll probably be fine, but since his knowledge is mostly Ferrari, he'll probably be a better Ferrari mechanic than a Porsche mechanic, so you'd better off taking the F-car to him than a P-car. Since their comfort is with Poly and you're set on using this particular company, then play into their strengths rather than trying to turn the F-car mechanic into a P-car mechanic. I hope that makes sense, I've had a beer or three, so yeah lol