996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

stroke 1 year 6months later

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 12:15 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
nikolas

about 6 years ago i was on a golf trip to white hawk and grey eagle. took my 86 t what a drive from grey eagle to truckee.. 6am clear roads and hi speeds i can still hear the gear changes, you live in a great area (in the summer) thanks for the replay and enjoy the summer...we all know it never gets cold in truckee steve

Old 07-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by steve harris
nikolas

about 6 years ago i was on a golf trip to white hawk and grey eagle. took my 86 t what a drive from grey eagle to truckee.. 6am clear roads and hi speeds i can still hear the gear changes, you live in a great area (in the summer) thanks for the replay and enjoy the summer...we all know it never gets cold in truckee steve
No kidding! it was 34 at my house last night! I have direct access to that section of road. My morning commute takes the last couple of turns to my office in Truckee. What fun it is. Now I just need to find winter tires for this beast - a bit problematic I am finding.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:46 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
tire rack?? the twisties at white hawk were great , they took em out a few years ago i miss em every time i'm up....

Old 07-31-2010, 01:07 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
When is the right time in the day to check your BP?

Old 07-31-2010, 01:16 PM
paulie my doc sez am is good after sitting for 5min... me thinks anytime is the right time...they say most problems show up around 10 to 11 am .has to do with digestion of last full meal (dinner) and guess what i had my full stroke while in the hosp at 10:30 am... my indy said i had an over boost in car talk he was right 280, that must be like runnin 6 bar on 85 oct...

Old 07-31-2010, 01:20 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
OK I will start checking mine when I get up in the morning before coffee.Thanks

Old 07-31-2010, 01:23 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Almost a year ago I messed up my left hand in a lost fight with a table saw, so I know how you feel - kinda. Not having full use of my hand this last year has been really hard. Occasionally I really need this hand to work, and it doesn't, and it was my fault. At least your stroke wasn't. My therapist, as well as yours I'm sure, has told me it will get better and that I just have to work at it.

My wife is a cardiac nurse and she tries very hard to keep people reminded of the dangers of blood pressure and strokes. It seems we sometimes push them aside in favor of heart conditions.

Anyway, I'm so glad to hear that you made it out at all, and that you are getting better. Stay focused!

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 07-31-2010, 01:47 PM
as my doc said be happy it was your left.... at the time i had no idea that if i had had a stroke io my right side it would have affected my speach... a real bummer... but even that you can overcome... it's the time span that worries me.... as i found out yesterday it's how you expose yourself and how often you do it that makes you better... in walking and in any sport.....feel much better about my golf after playing yesterday cam hit it 200 yds now ... not very fer but way farther than two weeks ago.... they say some nerves grow back hope thats the case for you.... new tyres are comeing soon i'll remember you..

Old 07-31-2010, 01:48 PM
paulie let me know what it is...thanks steve

Old 07-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Just checked my BP 3 times :
1. 123/83
2. 121/81
3. 121/82

Old 07-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Just checked my BP 3 times :
1. 123/83
2. 121/81
3. 121/82

Those are inside normal.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:11 PM
Just checked the wife
1. 114/82
2. 110/78
3. 113/79

Old 07-31-2010, 02:39 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Good to hear you're bouncing back.
I too have been struggling from a herniated neck disc and lost feeling in my rt hand.
Still recovering myself so I can really sympathize !

Old 07-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Just checked the wife
1. 114/82
2. 110/78
3. 113/79
That is pretty typical. My wife's BP is really low. The second number is the critical number and needs to be kept below 90 to be healthy. Anything above 90 is considered Hyper tension.

Mine even on medication is typically 125-135/75-90.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:40 PM
willieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the rough
I don't know you Steve but this post has made me think. That you for sharing. I wish you a full recovery and a 250 yard drive soon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: stroke 1 year 6months later