996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

stroke 1 year 6months later

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 04:06 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Steve you are always there to give your comments, appreciation or simply to entertain this forum. Thanks you for being a pleasant and entertaining person. You are everybody's friend and I thanks you for that. Live long, J.P.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:00 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
emadelta 86
a storke is usualy caused by a blocked blood vessel which shuts off blood to the brain thus killing brain cells.. not always temperory , your moving parts then recieve limited signals from your brain so the simply don't work, they become tence and feel as you have a stick in your arm and can not get it to move... as time goes by if your lucky your brain rewires it's self and you improve. mine however was caused by high blood pressure (280) it's now 120 to 134 in the safe range sooo check your blood pressure and cut down on the posta
Ooh, man...you've been VERY strong. I have two friends who had this and both don't speak now, after years...

We call it "cerebral ictus" I think.

Keep battling Steve!!

Last edited by emadelta86; 07-31-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:11 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Glad to hear that things are getting better. We all tend to take our health for granted and it is such a blessing.

I will pray for complete recovery!

Old 07-31-2010, 05:12 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
We all tend to take our health for granted and it is such a blessing.
You are so right...

Old 07-31-2010, 05:21 PM
Banned
M3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud of
I wish you the best, my ex girlfriend' mom had a stroke a few years ago and almost died, she stayed in the hospital for more than 3 months, and she took 3 years to walk again, but she can't talk anymore. 2 years ago (her daughter, my ex) had a stroke with only 26 years old... she was lucky enough to be married to a doctor who recognized it right away ... no sequel.

Regards,

Eddie.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:26 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Just checked my BP 3 times :
1. 123/83
2. 121/81
3. 121/82
BP after Tweetie's battery exploded:

Old 07-31-2010, 06:18 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
well done indeed and you seemed much improved the last time i saw you.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:00 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
It has been awesome watching your recovery! You are one strong dude!!! Keep it up!

Old 07-31-2010, 07:39 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
jp can you tell my wife that??? really thanks for the kind words and thanks to everyone, us car guys have to stick together

Old 08-01-2010, 10:53 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Glad all is well Steve Take care man!

Old 08-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Good to hear you have improved greatly Steve! Keep up it up buddy!

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:49 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
With so many negative things happening today it's great to hear stuff like this. Congrats man! Keep enjoying that turbo.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:26 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
One of the reasons I retired was that I had terrible BP that I was ignoring and didn't see how I could change my pace without major changes. My brother began telling me I was gonna have a helluva time enjoying all my "stuff" while rotting away 6 feet under. Not long after I made the decision, I was fine tuning my old 930 for biannual smog and managed to touch something really hot... jerked my hand into the fan belt, which jerked it into the fan ...and... !!!! If I hadn't been wearing a glove I probably would have lost the particular finger that took the brunt of it. As it was, it was rather hysterical with my lying on the kitchen floor afterward telling my wife maybe I really didn't need to go to the ER and the blood was spurting out with each heartbeat [she loves to tell my buddies this idiot-car nut tale]. When I got to the hospital one of the first things they did was take my BP and the ER nurse gave me one of "those" looks and said "Soooo you got tired of waiting to have a stoke and decided to see if this might kill you?"

Now retired, on meds... and very much appreciating how much some of you guys have gone through.. as well as how supportive the rest of you are. Time for a big all around hug.... errrr, make it a quick boost blast!

JR

Old 08-02-2010, 05:35 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Happy to know you are OK and we'll take your advice.We'll keep boosting those special cars

Old 08-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I'm very glad to hear that things are going so much better, Steve. Stay strong!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: stroke 1 year 6months later