996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

All 996 GT2s please check in here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 12:08 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, out of all of these cars, has anyone experienced any problems with the dreaded PCCB's. Mine are in perfect shape after 17k miles.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:20 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Ok, out of all of these cars, has anyone experienced any problems with the dreaded PCCB's. Mine are in perfect shape after 17k miles.
No problems whatsoever on my Car... I have two sets of PCCB's.. one for the track and one for street..

I think the reputation of the Gen 1 PCCB's was caused by people going to the track with the stock pads and absolutely abusing them. Craig at Rennstore has seen this over and over again, where people used either the stock pads, or some other non-PCCB compatible Pagid pad with their PCCB's at the track and wrecked them.

There is only ONE Porsche recommended pad for the track and that is the Porsche Motorsports/Pagid P50 Green pad. There are no others period, no matter what you might be told. I spoke directly to the head of the USA Porsche Motorsports program and that's his absolute and final word on the matter and the official Porsche line. Are there other manufacturers of pads? Yes, but until Porsche Motorsports tells me otherwise, I'm not touching them with a 10 foot pole.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Bump. Am I missing anyone? Thanks in advance.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:58 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slavik
I know RCNJ has an 02 GT2 Arctic Silver I think...

i believe he sold it.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:07 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Found another one. Anyone kow the year of his car? https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-blue-gt2.html
Isnt this the monster build EVOMS GT2 that made a cameo appearance
(and horrific high speed spin) at the Texas Mile ?

Old 08-14-2010, 10:16 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Thx

Wow - less than 3K miles. It looks good except for the wheels. I like the darker blue better though.
+!, killing me with the painted factory wheels though.

Love the Cobalt blue, very unique !

Old 08-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by DaveKrek
03 arctic silver/ black gt2
1600 watts of stereo !
Dave,

Have we met ? I know the other (3) mpls GT2 guys, Luis Sr,
Sloss and Carver. Let's get these cars together for a photo shoot !

MK

Old 08-14-2010, 05:18 PM
R Motorsports is infamous around these parts
03 Silver

Old 08-14-2010, 05:30 PM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
our of the 41 GT2s here, only one white, Divexxtreme, you are a lucky man

Old 08-14-2010, 08:54 PM
garry268 is infamous around these parts
I use my GT2 on the track and high-speed driving. Malaysia and neighboring Thailand are a drivers dream and the club has regular drives where we cruise well above 200KPH. The club also has regular access to the Sepang F1 circuit. In the 34,000KM my car has covered, I have replaced the pads once and the carbon discs are unmarked. Despite the style of use, the major expense is the regular repainting of the front apron due to stone chips.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:59 PM
pinoyamg is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
+!, killing me with the painted factory wheels though.

Love the Cobalt blue, very unique !
Sorry to hear that though, but she's got a new home. Car has tons of documentation from the primary owner who custom built this car. At first, I was not sold on the wheels but after a while, I think I'll keep her original..... for now Its my first porsche and I'm pretty happy with cobalt blue...... definitely something different from the pack. Btw, anyone have any solutions for the warped cf dash trim? Its got cf everywhere and the only part thats warped and peeling is the one next to the windshield. Its a trim not the whole defroster vent unit. Thanks for the help in advance and most definitely glad to finally have one of my porsche dream cars.

Last edited by pinoyamg; 08-14-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:37 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pinoyamg
Sorry to hear that though, but she's got a new home. Car has tons of documentation from the primary owner who custom built this car. At first, I was not sold on the wheels but after a while, I think I'll keep her original..... for now Its my first porsche and I'm pretty happy with cobalt blue...... definitely something different from the pack. Btw, anyone have any solutions for the warped cf dash trim? Its got cf everywhere and the only part thats warped and peeling is the one next to the windshield. Its a trim not the whole defroster vent unit. Thanks for the help in advance and most definitely glad to finally have one of my porsche dream cars.
congrats on picking up such a unique 2...

Old 08-15-2010, 09:09 AM
turborx7 is infamous around these parts
well its not mine yet but if it goes for a decent price she will b
atleast add this one to the list

Old 08-15-2010, 09:35 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turborx7
well its not mine yet but if it goes for a decent price she will b
atleast add this one to the list
yummmm.....love the giant extra dent in the roof they made when they threw the wheel up there.......the uncovered/open windows is always a nice touch.I think that with the prices low enough on " no story" GT2's (in the 70's)that this car would have to be priced in the low teens for it to even make sense,especially when you factor in repair costs and devaluation.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:59 PM
unterbergamotte has a spectacular aura aboutunterbergamotte has a spectacular aura about
Unlikely that poor thing is going back on the road. It’s a lot more valuable for its parts than as a whole.. Great find though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: All 996 GT2s please check in here