996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Durametric iPad version

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2010 | 03:57 PM
|
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
Durametric iPad version

Hope Durametric comes up with an iPad version of their software, will save most of us from carrying our bulky laptops on the back seat, and much easier to check and clear out any annoying fault codes +data loging on the go.

Old 08-05-2010 | 04:01 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Just get a mini (laptop that is).

Old 08-05-2010 | 04:41 PM
DJM
DJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really nice
Thats a good point, I am considering replacing my aging laptop woth a Ipad. Will durametric and stuff like getting a new software from people like epl work on such products as a Ipad? forgive my ignorance, I have never owned a apple computer do these things work on apple?

Old 08-05-2010 | 06:25 PM
falcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DJM
Thats a good point, I am considering replacing my aging laptop woth a Ipad. Will durametric and stuff like getting a new software from people like epl work on such products as a Ipad? forgive my ignorance, I have never owned a apple computer do these things work on apple?
Apple is completely different operating system (Better than Windows). IMHO I doubt any of the above mentioned Companies would write code for a Apple device.

BTW The new Intel powered Apple computers (not Ipad) can also operate the Windows operating system.

Old 08-05-2010 | 11:27 PM
Hedonistic is infamous around these parts
There's no USB port on an iPad. Thus no way to hook up a Durametric cable.

Old 08-06-2010 | 08:45 AM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by falcon7x7
Apple is completely different operating system (Better than Windows). IMHO I doubt any of the above mentioned Companies would write code for a Apple device.

BTW The new Intel powered Apple computers (not Ipad) can also operate the Windows operating system.
Agreed on all counts. Durametric seems wedded to Windows. I run VMware on my Mac so that XP can run under MacOS, and it works fine for Durametric and Traqmate.

This is my only use for Windows, so I try to avoid running XP when the computer is connected to the internet in any way.

Jon

Old 08-06-2010 | 09:17 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
In view of the success of the IPad, I'm sure Microsoft is going to want to get into this market quickly. Watch for a new "Windows" IPad coming soon that will allow you to run the Durametric on a similar device. It would be great for this kind of application...

Old 08-06-2010 | 10:44 AM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Slider
In view of the success of the IPad, I'm sure Microsoft is going to want to get into this market quickly. Watch for a new "Windows" IPad coming soon that will allow you to run the Durametric on a similar device. It would be great for this kind of application...
I'd expect it to have the success of their Zune and whatever that smart phone was (Kin?) that they pulled after 2 weeks on the market a couple of months back. Just a matter of time before the evil empire goes belly-up.

Old 08-06-2010 | 03:35 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Looking forward to the Microsoft tablets

Old 08-06-2010 | 08:03 PM
falcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JSBear
Looking forward to the Microsoft tablets
Ya, and they will crash just like all there other products.

Old 08-06-2010 | 11:12 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
I love apple products without question, however to all the "windows crashers", apple is not immune. In fact I find myself resetting my Apple products far more often than any of my windows products. My business is heavily graphic based, and while it may be a surprise, my windows operating systems are far more stable than anything apple I own. I still love the Apple products though - glutton for punishment I guess!

Old 10-10-2012 | 08:31 AM
stephan_porsche is infamous around these parts
I suggest emailing: support@durametric.com

I wrote and ask if they would consider a patch for those of us whom prefer a tablet. I think enough people write and they will consider it.

Old 10-10-2012 | 08:40 AM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hedonistic
There's no USB port on an iPad. Thus no way to hook up a Durametric cable.
They would have to come out with a BlueTooth "cable". Other companies have similar wireless OBD2 adapters.
I don't find iPads to be much less bulky than some of the smaller laptops out there.

Old 10-10-2012 | 08:44 AM
stephan_porsche is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by XR4Tim
They would have to come out with a BlueTooth "cable". Other companies have similar wireless OBD2 adapters.
I don't find iPads to be much less bulky than some of the smaller laptops out there.
Agreed! I want to use it on my BlackBerry PlayBook which has a USB. Doesnt the new Ipad 2 have a USB or a docking station?

Old 10-10-2012 | 10:00 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
USB is old school. It would be fairly easy to use WiFi for access to the OBDII port using a new adapter. I have seen other automotive monitors that are already doing that. Once the port is using WiFi, your access opens up to anything - IPad, IPhone, Droid, Windows. Also, WiFi will give you the speed required to do real-time data logging.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Durametric iPad version