996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

From Supra to 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Welcome aboard!

The Switzer P800 setup for the 996tt is ~675whp on 93 octane pump fuel through 200cell cats. Utilizes SPI custom Alpha 28 turbochargers.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:29 PM
racegate is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Welcome aboard!

The Switzer P800 setup for the 996tt is ~675whp on 93 octane pump fuel through 200cell cats. Utilizes SPI custom Alpha 28 turbochargers.
Neil-- the P800 from SPI is one I have my eye on. What is Tym's opinion on boost level/power level to utilize that setup on when tracking the car at HPDE's and such. Oh and also I couldn't readily find via search what kind of trap speeds that setup has produced in 93oct trim, is there any data on that?

Oh and BTW, my heritage is from AWD DSMs-- they were the first performance car I modified and raced. I have many fond memories of the DSM shootouts, and am no stranger to the quality of Tym's work...and glad to see he is carrying that through to the P-cars! I used to drool over his white DSM! So clean. Just an aside

Last edited by racegate; 08-09-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by racegate
Neil-- the P800 from SPI is one I have my eye on. What is Tym's opinion on boost level/power level to utilize that setup on when tracking the car at HPDE's and such. Oh and also I couldn't readily find via search what kind of trap speeds that setup has produced in 93oct trim, is there any data on that?

Oh and BTW, my heritage is from AWD DSMs-- they were the first performance car I modified and raced. I have many fond memories of the DSM shootouts, and am no stranger to the quality of Tym's work...and glad to see he is carrying that through to the P-cars! I used to drool over his white DSM! So clean. Just an aside
I would run the boost at the level we ship the car with, and if you need to, turn it down to a comfortable level. We have tuned it exactly for the person who would like to daily drive the car and also run it on the road course for a weekend event, spool is faster than the stock K16's and about 1000rpm faster than the K24's. Power delivery is linear and ideal for a HPDE.

Haven't heard anything back from the original 996tt P800 owner on 1/4 mile times yet, when we did the car it was the middle of winter and all of the tracks were closed. The couple that we have done lately, well some of the owners don't even have a PC so who knows...

I was a huge fan of the white DSM as well, it was totally crazy, as well as the 750+awhp Evo he did, talk about g's!

Shoot me over an email with your contact info.

Best,

Old 08-09-2010, 03:09 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Talisman013
+1

I made the switch about a year ago. I do still love supras, but there really is no comparison when it comes to the joy of driving. This will be a shock to you, but in a p-car, you can actually go into boost hard, while turning without having to drift it thru the turn.

All of that being said, I am now looking for another Supra to park under the 996TT in my garage.
Same here. No regrets going to 996TT. Just so much of a better experience overall.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned
Boost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant future
Congrats on making it over! You will love your Porsche.