996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 gt2 vs nisssssan gt-r sportec 700hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 09:39 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
It better be the transmission so the GT-R owner can solve it cheaper and easyer

Old 08-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Very interesting, indeed. Thanks! I was unaware of the other company.

Perhaps it had a Cobb AccessPort, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it was tuned by Cobb. The AP is the just the tuning software, and if Sportec put the mods on the car, they are responsible for adjusting the tune (or remote tune with another tuner who has the tuner pro software). I'm curious to know if you found that it was, in fact, tuned by Cobb (or was it just a tuner who attempted to tune the car using the Cobb software).
I was scanning through the gtr forum and thought I had come across someone who had said that. But you would know better then I. So no one knows who has tuned this car?

Old 08-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Obviously Nissan is out to recoupe some money lost on GT-R sales with parts sales. They don't pay anywhere near that for these motors. I think I remember that the GT-R shares some engine parts with other VQ series motors so buying those in bulk they'll probably pay 1/2 of what they charge for the motor. It is retail.
We've already discussed about mechanical failures two years back, and we lol'ed for almost 3 months and now we're about to explore the interior/design failure, I give you the motorsport accelerator pedal did this car really run a 7:26 at nurburgring or was it a video from Forza 3 ?

Old 08-14-2010, 05:11 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
36k motor? not likely. 36 + 25k trans = 61k, that leaves 14k for the rest of the car. Brakes and suspension alone are that much. So the rest of the car had to be made of cardboard. The engine is probably closer to 15k-16k, maybe 20k

This is pretty goofy logic...

I'm sure if you built a new 997 turbo from parts alone, it would cost 2x what they actually cost.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:40 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mizuno
We've already discussed about mechanical failures two years back, and we lol'ed for almost 3 months and now we're about to explore the interior/design failure, I give you the motorsport accelerator pedal did this car really run a 7:26 at nurburgring or was it a video from Forza 3 ?

Awesome...

This thread went from a possible engine failure, to the same old 2 year launch control discussion, to every known failure of every known part (I'm counting three).

How long of conversation do you think we could have if every time somebody complained about bad links, seals, dash components, trunk bolts, spoiler problems on a 996/997, and then somebody throws in the resale value of a 911 over the last 3 years?

C'mon... Really?

Do you think we could find a failed interior component on this forum anywhere? Do you think we could find a failed engine when it is pushing more HP than when it came from the factory? Oh, I forgot, this is a Porsche forum... Nothing ever goes wrong here...

edit: Mizuno - disregard my comment towards you - you're just a troll. I didn't mean to actually include you in a meaningful discussion that could benefit others here. I apologize for insulting your pitiful intentions.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 08-15-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:01 AM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
the gt2 is not stock. Tune and exhaust

Old 08-15-2010, 01:27 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Awesome...

This thread went from a possible engine failure, to the same old 2 year launch control discussion, to every known failure of every known part (I'm counting three).

How long of conversation do you think we could have if every time somebody complained about bad links, seals, dash components, trunk bolts, spoiler problems on a 996/997, and then somebody throws in the resale value of a 911 over the last 3 years?

C'mon... Really?

Do you think we could find a failed interior component on this forum anywhere? Do you think we could find a failed engine when it is pushing more HP than when it came from the factory? Oh, I forgot, this is a Porsche forum... Nothing ever goes wrong here...

edit: Mizuno - disregard my comment towards you - you're just a troll. I didn't mean to actually include you in a meaningful discussion that could benefit others here. I apologize for insulting your pitiful intentions.
You're so funny. You take all these Porsche/GTR threads so personally. You would think you designed the car and everyone's opinion is a personal attack on you...We all realize the first year model had some "teething" and they have since improved. And yes, you ARE on a Porsche forum, so you know...roll with it...If someone doesn't buy a GTR based on some knuckleheads opinion here..that's their loss...

Old 08-15-2010, 02:47 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
You're so funny. You take all these Porsche/GTR threads so personally. You would think you designed the car and everyone's opinion is a personal attack on you...We all realize the first year model had some "teething" and they have since improved. And yes, you ARE on a Porsche forum, so you know...roll with it...If someone doesn't buy a GTR based on some knuckleheads opinion here..that's their loss...
I don't take anything here personally... (You can't on the internet)

It is the logic I didn't understand - bringing up a single known instance of an accelerator pedal breaking on a thread about a transmission issue (eventually).

After looking at his previous posts, though, it made total sense. I'm sure it would make sense to anyone who read his earlier posts.

Is that a 'personal' reaction? Nope. It is just common sense.

The ignorance from those displayed on this forum, sometimes, is simply astouding...

Every car has their fans. I'm not disillusioned. The GT-R is far from the best car ever built. It has its strong points and weak points - like EVERY car in existence - ever. That's why I get amused when I see posts about how perfect the Porsche is... (if you'd like, I'd be GLAD to point them out to you - I've got plenty right here in this thread).

Yes, I'm on here (as a previous Porsche owner, and looking to purchase another). And obviously, a few could actually benefit from reading, rather than posting.

edit: I would say exactly the SAME things about any other car that I was familiar with (and I have). It just so happens that this thread is about a GT-R, and I own one, so it must seem different on this particular thread/topic.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 08-15-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:16 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I don't take anything here personally... (You can't on the internet)

It is the logic I didn't understand - bringing up a single known instance of an accelerator pedal breaking on a thread about a transmission issue (eventually).

After looking at his previous posts, though, it made total sense. I'm sure it would make sense to anyone who read his earlier posts.

Is that a 'personal' reaction? Nope. It is just common sense.

The ignorance from those displayed on this forum, sometimes, is simply astouding...

Every car has their fans. I'm not disillusioned. The GT-R is far from the best car ever built. It has its strong points and weak points - like EVERY car in existence - ever. That's why I get amused when I see posts about how perfect the Porsche is... (if you'd like, I'd be GLAD to point them out to you - I've got plenty right here in this thread).

Yes, I'm on here (as a previous Porsche owner, and looking to purchase another). And obviously, a few could actually benefit from reading, rather than posting.

edit: I would say exactly the SAME things about any other car that I was familiar with (and I have). It just so happens that this thread is about a GT-R, and I own one, so it must seem different on this particular thread/topic.
oh please, you are constantly complaining about anyone who says something you don't like about the gtr. Please show us the post that talk about how perfect the porches are because last i saw most everyone has their gripes about that too. You can even stomach snide comments about the gtr from people who just don't like the car. And you will argue worry single time.

You can say you don't take it personally but actions speak louder than words. You've been here long enough to know mizunos posts, yet you still get all hurt every time he goes after the gtr. Why? I think we all know.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:31 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
...aaaaand we're off...

Old 08-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Please show us the post that talk about how perfect the porches are because last i saw most everyone has their gripes about that too.

... You've been here long enough to know mizunos posts, yet you still get all hurt every time he goes after the gtr. Why? I think we all know.
Please observe the following...
Originally Posted by unterbergamotte
I know of only ONE car that can go to the track and be driven driven daily with complete reliability.. guess what make that is... starts with P......
Now - for Mizuno... I had recognized his tone from earlier threads, and that is when I edited my post. Show me one post by me before Mizuno's that had ANYTHING resembling an argument based off ANY of the comments in this thread.

He only participated in ~8 threads and most of that was almost 2 years ago... Every single one is about the GT-R. It's obvious he doesn't like the car. That is when I modified my post - to reflect the negativity he brings. Almost EVERYTHING before that was either taken/implied in jest or somehow related to the original topic. He is nothing more than a worthless troll that somehow hasn't been banned. I've nothing negative to say about anybody else in this thread (except the aforementioned post), which includes you, heavy.

There is information, misinformation, and then there is rumor. I just so happened to be somewhat familiar about some information and rumors about a few particular cars I've owned and/or driven.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:46 PM
vip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nice
Simple,

If the the gtr looked like the 370 I and I bet most here would want one.

That is its main problem and until the looks are fixed it wont get respect except from owners.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:54 PM
[quote=jaspergtr;2943906]I don't take anything here personally... (You can't on the internet)quote]

I know you say you don't, but your posts say differently...we can see your passionate, but geez...Are you the design engineer for the GTR? if you are, that would explain a lot and I would totally give you a pass.... (don't get upset...just having fun here...)

Old 08-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by vip gts
Simple,

If the the gtr looked like the 370 I and I bet most here would want one.

That is its main problem and until the looks are fixed it wont get respect except from owners.
I know some owners who think it looks like sh*t. It damn sure isn't the prettiest thing out there. I think the both the GT-R and especially the 370 need some visual work done for the next model.

But I'd rather not discuss the subjective looks in a thread about yet another (apparent) solenoid failure. Unless I find something different, I'll be sure to post here, so those who care, may know.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:44 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
new gtr's are hideous , but i respect them for what they can do , no doubt with that said i wish they looked alot more like the older r34's , now those things with some body mods are absolute gorgeous !!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 gt2 vs nisssssan gt-r sportec 700hp