996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TiAL Billet Alpha30 kit ready to go in an E85 996TT at USP!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 02:07 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chris Green@USP
For intercoolers? pretty much these i thats what your asking. Only a little cutting on the plastic covers is required to fit them.
Do you have data for them? How do they compare to the others out there, size for size, for those that publish the data? The price is very reasonable and they would likely fly off the shelves if we had back to back testing compared to stock ones. Have you done this?

Old 08-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ttboost
Do you have data for them? How do they compare to the others out there, size for size, for those that publish the data? The price is very reasonable and they would likely fly off the shelves if we had back to back testing compared to stock ones. Have you done this?
I dont have back to back testing since we always do turbo upgrades at the same time.....I do have intake air temps from this car before so I will post all the info once they are installed.

Chris Green

Old 08-12-2010, 02:18 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
I dont have back to back testing since we always do turbo upgrades at the same time.....I do have intake air temps from this car before so I will post all the info once they are installed.

Chris Green

My intake air temps running Chris's IC sitting in traffic around town are running 98 - 104, not bad for how hot its been here this summer.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:22 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
My intake air temps running Chris's IC sitting in traffic around town are running 98 - 104, not bad for how hot its been here this summer.

You hear all these numbers and sizes thrown around, are these 2.5in, 3in, 3.5 in??? Did you notice a difference in spool time or boost recovery after shifting, etc...?

Old 08-12-2010, 02:22 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Wish I had some kind of data to share, baseline dyno was supposed to be done before the USP IC install, but wasn't Price was right for me, data was lacking a bit, but Chris' car has represented well at the strip, so I went for it.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:25 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Of all the parts we can get for our Cars, Intercoolers are the ones with the least data to back up everyone's claims.. I have still not seen any real definitive figures for flow, temps, pressure drop and any real before and after results.. It's one of the reasons I haven't bought Intercoolers yet.. I just can't find enough empirical data to support my buying decision...

Old 08-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by 80shilling
Of all the parts we can get for our Cars, Intercoolers are the ones with the least data to back up everyone's claims.. I have still not seen any real definitive figures for flow, temps, pressure drop and any real before and after results.. It's one of the reasons I haven't bought Intercoolers yet.. I just can't find enough empirical data to support my buying decision...
I feel the same way, and while ANYTHING is probably better than the stock units, I hate to just buy anything for any reason.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:29 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
You hear all these numbers and sizes thrown around, are these 2.5in, 3in, 3.5 in??? Did you notice a difference in spool time or boost recovery after shifting, etc...?
http://uspmotorsports.com/product_in...roducts_id=418

all the info, car definitely runs stronger, haven't tracked it yet to really tell, hopefully sometime this fall, running Broakway r1000 but didn't have it until after I installed IC's so I didn't compare to stock?

Old 08-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
http://uspmotorsports.com/product_in...roducts_id=418

all the info, car definitely runs stronger, haven't tracked it yet to really tell, hopefully sometime this fall, running Broakway r1000 but didn't have it until after I installed IC's so I didn't compare to stock?
If someone local has a car I will do the back to back dynos for free if they want....problem is all my customers already have the cores on the car.

I don't BS when it comes to testing I will show back to back dyno's and logs.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:04 PM
If someone local has a car I will do the back to back dynos for free if they want....problem is all my customers already have the cores on the car.

Send a set up to Tony and we'll try them on my car.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor
Send a set up to Tony and we'll try them on my car.
pm me I will..

Old 08-12-2010, 04:10 PM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
Question on the coolers: The website lists an efficiency of (89%) & pressure drop (<1%), is there data to show this? Bear in mind that 89% efficiency would imply charge temps ~10C above ambient under all conditions for any length of time (this is better than Secan)

Any shots of the inside of the core itself?

Old 08-12-2010, 07:01 PM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of

say when

Old 08-13-2010, 07:12 AM
hrs1 is infamous around these parts
Nice! who's car is that for ? As far as intercooler morph debate, in FLA 90+ degrees most of time cant go wrong and most other knowledgable tuners have tested and said overwhelmingly that it is most underated upgrade. Cool air is key! I recall at chris's when we did inital dyno with just 16gs on pump gas first run was 509whp and than a few runs right after and the hp kept going down with stock ICs. It was 94 degrees that day.

The funny thing is its not like there is real "impirical" data supporting buying a other add-ons like snorkal air filter lol or even plenum (plenum for lower bhp cars) for xtra phantom hp yet people do it. Those upgrades are pyscological I think as I have friend with convert C4s that has 385hp he installed a plenum and air filter so now he brags he has over 400hp, yet when he wanted to race I have to ask him if he is even at WOT, car was as slow as a amc gremlin or H1.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Keep us updated when you install this kit! It will be interesting to see the numbers using the E85, might want to make me switch and drive a little to the closest station rather than waiting for a station to come to our area!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TiAL Billet Alpha30 kit ready to go in an E85 996TT at USP!!