996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ran a GT-R tonight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Ran a GT-R tonight

Was taking my car for a cruise tonight in MEXICO, and a very nice silver GT-R came onto the freeway right in front of me. I was already going faster than he was, so I moved the left to allow him plenty of space to merge.

He followed behind me at quite a distance for a couple of miles, then he finally got up close, hit it, and zipped by me while I maintained my speed. I downshifted and caught up to him to as he was slowing down, and he gave me a polite smile and thumbs up, sort of like he thought we had just raced. I gave him a polite thumbs up back, downshifted to 3rd, and pointed ahead to see if he wanted to actually race for real this time.

He hit it immediately and got the jump, but by the time I was in the middle of 4th I was a couple bus lengths ahead of him. He turned off before I did, so I never got a chance to chat with him.

Jasper, his plates read "CWC GTR", or something similar. If you see anything on the GT-R board about it, please let me know.

Fun stuff.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-14-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:58 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Well, Scott WAS in Mexico, right?

Last edited by bbywu; 08-14-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
I'm sure traffic patrol officers and overworked, underpaid detectives are all over this thread.

g/k. I bet his jaw hit the bottom of his steering wheel.

Hey wait a minute, does this mean a "Kill" section is going to start?!?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
I'm sure traffic patrol officers and overworked, underpaid detectives are all over this thread.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
Well, Scott WAS in Virginia Beach, Mexico, right?
Yep, Mexico. Just like my post says.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:24 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Nice kill! He didn't know who was picking on; he'll know better next time.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:02 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Nice Kill there Scott!!! Glad the Monster is working good!

Old 08-15-2010, 01:16 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !

I likey.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:30 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Was taking my car for a cruise tonight in MEXICO, and a very nice silver GT-R came onto the freeway right in front of me. I was already going faster than he was, so I moved the left to allow him plenty of space to merge.

He followed behind me at quite a distance for a couple of miles, then he finally got up close, hit it, and zipped by me while I maintained my speed. I downshifted and caught up to him to as he was slowing down, and he gave me a polite smile and thumbs up, sort of like he thought we had just raced. I gave him a polite thumbs up back, downshifted to 3rd, and pointed ahead to see if he wanted to actually race for real this time.

He hit it immediately and got the jump, but by the time I was in the middle of 4th I was a couple bus lengths ahead of him. He turned off before I did, so I never got a chance to chat with him.

Jasper, his plates read "CWC GTR", or something similar. If you see anything on the GT-R board about it, please let me know.

Fun stuff.
This thread is great and all, but let the record reflect that Scott used to race against Tricycles in his Go-kart as a kid, so we knew where this one was headed from the beginning Nice kill though, I bet he had no idea what he was in for!

Old 08-15-2010, 04:42 AM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Scott,first of all congrats for the kill, the guy didn't know what was about to happen....
But you should carry a camera in the car.....it would be great to have some vids of your kills!!!

Just like the "Protomotive 996TT VS M6" vid......wow...

Lets stick a GoPro camera to the car!

Old 08-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
I was just watching vids last night and came across the Just like the "Protomotive 996TT VS M6" .... Incredible!!

Made me want to swap my K16 turbos with 18G. This board is so addictive!!
Maybe next year-

Nice kill Scott!

Old 08-15-2010, 09:35 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PALETTE
Nice Kill there Scott!!! Glad the Monster is working good!
I wish you would post some fotos of you car!
Robert

Old 08-15-2010, 09:37 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
great kill scott, be interesting to see if it were modded and what mods it had

Old 08-15-2010, 12:34 PM
pinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to behold
nice kill..can't wait to put my a3071's on

Old 08-15-2010, 07:04 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Deuuuce

Hey wait a minute, does this mean a "Kill" section is going to start?!?
Here it is:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...l-stories.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ran a GT-R tonight