996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Baby Seat - Need some help. Please take a look.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 05:00 PM
thankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of light
Baby Seat - Need some help. Please take a look.

OK,

I have searched the forum over and there are a few threads that offer some insight on what seats you guys are using.

Here is what I have going on:

02 996TT
2 year old son
Need front facing seat to fit in the back.

Questions:

What have you found that fits the best in the back - make and or model would be great. Where you bought would be cool as well.

Does Porsche have one - or sell one for these cars - looked and couldn't locate. Thought I heard they did.

Last - how are you securing the seat in the car? I have put one in my car before that he rides in - in our Escalade - and I take it you can only secure it with a seatbelt correct? Or is there something else to use?

Sorry to bother - I know there are other links - I have read most of them - just have some confusing info on there and felt that it may be better to tell you what I have - and what I am looking for.

Thanks for any insights and help here. I appreciate it!

Old 08-16-2010, 06:16 PM
hrm
hrm is infamous around these parts
Haven't used a baby seat in a Porsche, but I am looking at getting a new car seat. I've heard a lot of great things about the Britax seats. The seats are supposed to be the best in terms of head protection. They're worth the cost.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:49 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
do a search on here for "britax" seats. They make porsche's baby seats and I believe a few are still available at various retailers that fit the base of the rear 996 seats perfectly (I bought mine a few years ago at babies-r-us). Can't remember the model name though.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:38 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
You can also use the seatbelt rachet (also at Babsrus) that helps lock the seat in place. The one I have is blue and yellow. My little girl (2.5) loves taking drives with Dad!!

Old 08-17-2010, 12:09 AM
amag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to behold
I had a Porsche Jr car seat in my 09 997.2 and I was t-boned by an SUV doing 30 mph that ran a red light and my 3 year old was in the seat and on the side we got hit. Thank god there wasn't even a scratch on my little guy, but the impact was so hard it ripped the engine off it's mounts and cracked the block.

The Porsche car seats are expensive, but very well worth it, considering what you are protecting.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:13 AM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by amag
I had a Porsche Jr car seat in my 09 997.2 and I was t-boned by an SUV doing 30 mph that ran a red light and my 3 year old was in the seat and on the side we got hit. Thank god there wasn't even a scratch on my little guy, but the impact was so hard it ripped the engine off it's mounts and cracked the block.

The Porsche car seats are expensive, but very well worth it, considering what you are protecting.

+1. I have 2 in the back for the kids.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:45 AM
thankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of light
Great info guys - thank you.

Amag - the Porsche seat you got - is that the same as the britax seat that Scottslaw is using?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:56 AM
amag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to behold
I don't think they're the same. Here's a thread from a couple years back and it has some good pics of the Porsche Jr seat.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...riences-2.html

Old 08-19-2010, 06:09 PM
mtesh73 is infamous around these parts
i have 2 forward facing seats in the rear>>>>

one britax roundabout good to 40lbs, for an 18 month old and a britax roundabout 55 good to 55lbs for the 4 year old. take out both the upper and lower seat cushions, put down a black towel (or whatever your interior carpet color is) and cinch the seat down using the lap belt and tether. once that is done use the "mighty tite" shown in one of the previoius thread links and tighten the lap belt according to the mighty tite instructions. when you shake the car seat the vehicle will shake with it. the guys in the tech line get a kick out of a 996tt with 2 baby seats in it.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:26 PM
911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !
I use recaro vivo lite but it requires then to be 30lbs or 3yrs old. If they are smaller then get the saftety 1st booster with side impact protection. It takes them as small as 22lbs.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:35 AM
nanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of light
It looks like there are several great options for car seats in the Porsches. Can the P-cars accomodate a rear facing car seat for infants?

Looks like the rear facing should work too in the info I gathered form a search Just found out I am going to need one in 8 months or so

Last edited by nanokpsi; 08-24-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:06 PM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by nanokpsi
It looks like there are several great options for car seats in the Porsches. Can the P-cars accomodate a rear facing car seat for infants?

Looks like the rear facing should work too in the info I gathered form a search Just found out I am going to need one in 8 months or so
Congrats! I'll be needing one in 7 months

Old 08-24-2010, 12:42 PM
nanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats!!

Old 08-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Fastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to behold

get that and then disable the front air bags and DRIVE safely!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Baby Seat - Need some help. Please take a look.