996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Which suspension??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 11:32 AM
DJM
DJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really nice
Ive got some KW3 sitting in the garage waiting to go on, if you go with the kw3 let us know what height you set them at and what you ste the compression and rebound to, if you dont mind.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:49 PM
NathanialHale is infamous around these parts
PS10s won't bottom out unless you set the ride height to low. I've heard this a number of times and it just isn't so... I have actually BEEN in 997TTs with PS10s on them at the track with ZERO bottoming of the struts. These cars weren't slammed on the ground, but set up with about 20-25MM of suspension drop.

NH

Originally Posted by buddyg
PSS10's can bottom out if you take them on the track.

I prefer and use the KW v3

Old 09-13-2010, 03:15 AM
Neil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud of
After recently making the switch from JIC Cross to Motons , I can only say suspension realy is one of those things where you get what you pay for.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:26 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil A
After recently making the switch from JIC Cross to Motons , I can only say suspension realy is one of those things where you get what you pay for.
I agree. My car with Motons and stiffer springs rides better than both the stock set up or the PSS9's I originally upgraded to.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:33 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
About how much for a set of Motons?

Old 09-13-2010, 04:43 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
BBi installed KW V3 in my car along with sway bars and other suspension goodies and I am very pleased with both the product and the service that BBi provided. I have had PSS9's as well as JIC in my previous 996TT, and I can say that the KW is a better product. The PSS9 were way too soft, and the JIC rode really hard on the street. The KW are also double adjustable so that further down the line, you can learn to adjust your own suspension compression and rebound for track use. Good Luck!

Old 09-13-2010, 04:55 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by emadelta86
About how much for a set of Motons?
How much the Motons....Italy and El Salvador want to know

Italy women WWWOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW

Old 09-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Be preparred to be down for a while when your KWs fail, and they will. Don't get me wrong, they're a very nice setup, but their factory service isn't on par with Bilstein or others... I've chatted with 3 different people who have had cars down for up to 6 weeks at a time while seals were replaced in KWV3s.

Motons are a cut above, no doubt, but what's the out of pocket cost for Motons and installation going now days? Last I was quoted was $5500 for the parts, and another $3500 in labor to do all of the proper installation and setup...

NH

Old 09-13-2010, 05:05 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow bud...you really have a bug in your mind about girls...
Needless to say I go mad for central America's girls (Colombia and Venezuela included of course ahah!!)

Now lets stop hijacking this thread!!! Back to Motons...

Old 09-13-2010, 05:38 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Motons vs Ohlins??

Old 09-13-2010, 05:44 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by emadelta86
Wow bud...you really have a bug in your mind about girls...
Needless to say I go mad for central America's girls (Colombia and Venezuela included of course ahah!!)

Now lets stop hijacking this thread!!! Back to Motons...

Old 09-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Funny no one has mention H&R, after all they do the Porsche suspensions for the GT3 from what I have seen (not sure if GT2 as well).

If the intention is lowering and keeping some OEM compliance perhaps the X73 would be best, if adjustability is required H&R has a variety of coilovers from street to "street/track" set ups, last, if you want to go all the way Motons are great.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:19 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Motons vs Ohlins??
ohlins for sure but do they have an application available? ill have to check into this.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:21 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Frissen
Funny no one has mention H&R, after all they do the Porsche suspensions for the GT3 from what I have seen (not sure if GT2 as well).

If the intention is lowering and keeping some OEM compliance perhaps the X73 would be best, if adjustability is required H&R has a variety of coilovers from street to "street/track" set ups, last, if you want to go all the way Motons are great.
the x73 new is almost as expensive as the much better PSS10's so it is easy to see why youd skip the x73 quickly.

H&R for the ones floating around are usually non adjustable and not too favored. now if they have other versions most probably dont know about them or have never tried them on the 996tt application as its littered with bilstein/jic/jrz/kw/moton users

Old 09-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Yea, H/Rs wouldnt be my first choice, right up there with the X73s...

NH

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which suspension??