996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need Legal Tire/Wheel Advice...Wheel Nightmare!!a must see!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 07:41 PM
BMWDavid is infamous around these parts
I've been through this myself. Its a nightmare! Currently the local GMC/ Cadillac dealer has a Hunter mounting machine. Its not the top line unit but the second best they sell. This along with a very experienced tech has resulted in perfect work. No scratches or marks on wheel. Along with a Hunter GSP9700 balancing machine I have smooth tire/wheels at any speed...no shaking at all.

David

Old 08-31-2010, 06:40 AM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
i've seen wheels damaged worse get repaired, but I am not sure if the 3piece thing has a part in the issue of a non fix

Old 08-31-2010, 08:51 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I had a few bad experiences with the same rims at the same place.... they are not that good when it comes to high quality work....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-31-2010, 08:54 AM
Perkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by adam699
Update:

Well, I got a phone call today from them that they got the rim refinished and that they got me a new tire.

I went out there to take a look at it, and although I was happy to see the new tire, the rim just isn't right Wheelsamerica did a good job on the edge of the rim, but the lip/dish looks horrible! I'm actually shocked that they would claim the rim is safe and refinished as it looks like they ground it down in the spots where the spikes bit into and polished it up removing a big chunk of material. Now it looks like someone dented the lip and polished it:

You can tell by the reflection as to how imperfect it is.

I told them I want a new barrel and they wanted me to sign a release telling me that's the best they can do.

The manager refused to provide me with their insurance information and refused to give me the store owners contact number.

At that point I told them they will be hearing from my attorney and walked out. I'll give them till tomorrow to get back to me with a resolution and if not I'll get my attorney on it as I already spoke to him about the situation.

What a PITA.
This is when you go back and tell them you need to speak with a manager! They need to replace your wheel. I had the same thing happen (at a carwash tho) I was very calm and explained the situation and I had a new wheel in 2 weeks. (was on back order)

Old 08-31-2010, 08:58 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I dealt with them.. they will not cooperate... been there done that... they crewed up my wheel too...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-31-2010, 09:05 AM
Perkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
I dealt with them.. they will not cooperate... been there done that... they crewed up my wheel too...
That's rediculous!!

Old 08-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Aren't they the same people that advertise the little old lady throwing the wheel through the plate glass................you know what to do!

Old 08-31-2010, 12:58 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
UPDATE:

Well, the owner didn't call me, however I got a phone call from the Manager. From the voice mail I could tell that it was an awkward phone call that he had to make, especially after where we left off last time I was there.

Well it went like this.

Me: You called.

Manager: So you really don't want that wheel huh?

Me: I just want it the way it was when I brought it in.

Manager: Well, I called the company and they have the barrel, but it's in Germany and will take 4 weeks.

Me: Ok, but I want a confirmation of the order faxed to me to make sure I'm not waiting for nothing.

So, now I have to wait. Good thing I still have my set of stockers.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:03 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Sounds like the owner called the manager to me lol

Old 08-31-2010, 02:32 PM
Danger Granger is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by unvmy996
Sounds like the owner called the manager to me lol
lol yep! what an *** to think that repair job would suffice....

Old 08-31-2010, 04:27 PM
atleast they are trying to solve the problem.!

Old 08-31-2010, 04:45 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
good deal might be worth calling and making sure the order was placed as in progress too.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:25 PM
eglivincent is infamous around these parts
never take them at their word...due diligence

Old 11-03-2010, 09:56 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Well, it's been over 2 months. I was promised to have my wheel back together a month ago. To give credit to the guys that messed up my wheel, ever since I spoke with the owners wife, they've been on top of it trying to make it right and faxing me weekly updates including their correspondence with the "cargraphic" vendor for the US. Unfortunately it appears that they picked the same one that took 2 months to ship me my valve stem at which point I thanked them as I already gotten it somewhere else.

Well last week I got a fax with a UPS tracking # that the barrel was coming on the 2nd.

Today they call me that they got the package....and that unfortunately they "the vendor for Cargraphic" screwed up and shipped them an 18" barrel instead of the 19". Supposedly, they have no clue where my 19" barrel is. Seems like someone got an 19" barrel expecting the 18" I got or it's still in Germany somewhere. Either way .....I'm beyond disappointed....

Old 11-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
That SUCKS! Even if they fix it... It isn't the same! I will pay a little extra to get it done right. I learned the hard way but they only put a little nick in the wheel. BUT they did break off 2 lug bolts. I found the lug bolts a few days later checking them to make sure they were still trqd right.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need Legal Tire/Wheel Advice...Wheel Nightmare!!a must see!!