996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Good suspension tuning shops in Houston?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 12:55 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
I'm not worried Paul doesn't even know the difference between a Flat Head and a Phillips. I'm not to worried!

Yes your right. I just use the biggest hammer lying around.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Yes your right. I just use the biggest hammer lying around.
Better than Matt and I... If it doesn't fit we just use the biggest Pry Bar we have in our garage... Boost Logic can confirm... LOL!

Old 08-24-2010, 01:05 AM
ryanl33x1511 is infamous around these parts

I'm not worried Paul doesn't even know the difference between a Flat Head and a Phillips. I'm not to worried!

Old 08-24-2010, 06:56 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Steve subs it out.
When a customer has specific specs to be met he will set it up himself.

Steve races these cars on the track and can get the car where you want it Alec. I'm pretty sure he is fairly close to you. Memorial and Dairy Ashford.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Wolk's Wagon is infamous around these partsWolk's Wagon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bmoores
When a customer has specific specs to be met he will set it up himself.

Steve races these cars on the track and can get the car where you want it Alec. I'm pretty sure he is fairly close to you. Memorial and Dairy Ashford.
I went and talked with him today, toured the facility and chewed the fat about modded 996TT's. I like what I saw there and Steve seems like a good guy with a lot of experience modding and racing these cars. I will definately be doing buisness with him in the near future.

Ben,
Your car came up in the conversation a few times, sounds like you have quite the monster on your hands. I would love to see it one day.

Thanks for the recomendation it's nice to find a quality shop that's not on the other side of town for once.

Alec

Old 08-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Alec you probably saw my car there too, it was the DIRTY black one on Kinesis rims. Pardon the fact it was VERY dirty. During the summer it's almost 100% chance that if I wash the car it will rain on the way home so I give up 90% of the time.

Steve is really bad ***. Between Boost Logic and Steve they keep my car alive and healthy!

Old 08-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Someone also stopped by there today... I received an anonymous text message...

Old 08-24-2010, 01:25 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Ben,
Your car came up in the conversation a few times, sounds like you have quite the monster on your hands. I would love to see it one day.

Thanks for the recomendation it's nice to find a quality shop that's not on the other side of town for once.

Alec
Alec,

Glad you got to meet Steve. You are welcome to check out the car anytime you like and take it for a spin. Not sure this week is going to be to optimal for goofing around with the cars but we can set something up in the coming weeks and you can meet a few of the guys. Good luck with your project. You were my motivation for modding my GTI a few years back so I can't wait to see what you do with your turbo. Hopefully I can answer any questions you may have along the way.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Wolk's Wagon is infamous around these partsWolk's Wagon is infamous around these parts
Ben,

Have we ever met, and if so I'm having trouble putting the face with the screen name? Did you have a black Gti back in the day met at Carboy dyno day maybe?

I would like to meet the local crew, feels funny to be a Newb again.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Alec you probably saw my car there too, it was the DIRTY black one on Kinesis rims. Pardon the fact it was VERY dirty. During the summer it's almost 100% chance that if I wash the car it will rain on the way home so I give up 90% of the time.

Steve is really bad ***. Between Boost Logic and Steve they keep my car alive and healthy!
I saw a black one on the rack with the motor sitting on the floor, but it was a TIP and didn't look to crazy modded yet. Take it that's not the one?

Old 08-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Wolk's Wagon
Ben,

Have we ever met, and if so I'm having trouble putting the face with the screen name? Did you have a black Gti back in the day met at Carboy dyno day maybe?

I would like to meet the local crew, feels funny to be a Newb again.
We met a couple times. I can't remember whether or not we were at the APR BBQ the same year or not.

Staley did all the work on my GTI and I know we crossed paths a few times at various meets, fuds, etc. I had a Silverstone Grey GTI with a GT28R on it. My old username on dubspeed and the houston forums was spoolinvdub.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by bmoores
We met a couple times. I can't remember whether or not we were at the APR BBQ the same year or not.

Staley did all the work on my GTI and I know we crossed paths a few times at various meets, fuds, etc. I had a Silverstone Grey GTI with a GT28R on it. My old username on dubspeed and the houston forums was spoolinvdub.
Ah yes I do recall now, you sure stepped it up a few notches from the Vdub days. lol
Twice the displacement 2X the turbo FTW!

Old 08-24-2010, 02:22 PM
I saw a black one on the rack with the motor sitting on the floor, but it was a TIP and didn't look to crazy modded yet. Take it that's not the one?
Mine may have been the alignment shop when you were there. If the bumper is off like it was while Steve was working his magic on my stupid crank pulley, it is easy to tell because of the MASSIVE 6" intercoolers.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:22 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !

Alec
You're welcome...

Old 08-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by ttboost
You're welcome...
Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good suspension tuning shops in Houston?