996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

HELP needed for fuel leaking or failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 12:49 PM
996TTRTS3 is infamous around these parts
HELP needed for fuel leaking or failure

Hi Guy's

Is there somebody who know the PET reference number of the "cap" screwed on the fuel filter and alos know if this missing could create some trouble ( I see inside this screw something seem as a pressure valve ????? .

Name:  Fuel filter.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  52.5 KB

This "cap" is missing on my TT and sometime fuel is leaking ( very dangerous on my opinion ....)
It's leaking when engine is not running and with key contact on position 1

Also I have a problem with a buzzzzzz noise on the fuel pump , I don't know if there is a link with these 2 matters .....

Code on durametric are : P1411 bank 2 and P0410 (cyl 1-3 )
Thank's for your help

Old 08-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 996TTRTS3
Hi Guy's

Is there somebody who know the PET reference number of the "cap" screwed on the fuel filter and alos know if this missing could create some trouble ( I see inside this screw something seem as a pressure valve ????? .

Attachment 130923

This "cap" is missing on my TT and sometime fuel is leaking ( very dangerous on my opinion ....)
It's leaking when engine is not running and with key contact on position 1

Also I have a problem with a buzzzzzz noise on the fuel pump , I don't know if there is a link with these 2 matters .....

Code on durametric are : P1411 bank 2 and P0410 (cyl 1-3 )
Thank's for your help
The Cap is part number... 993 110 218 01
The valve inside is.......... 993 110 217 00
(Yes its a 993 number.)

Why do you run 2 pumps. What tune/ mods do you have.

Both those codes are saying that Bank 1 and Bank 2 have secondary air problems. Could be pump is not triggering or the pump is defective. Could also be changeover valve fault , blockage in one on the lines or loss of vacuum to the valves.
Do you get a CEL, if not dont worry about it. Some people take the secondary air system off altogether. I assume you still have it fitted.

DME 7.8

2665 P1411
0-167
page 1

DME 7.8
p1411
Printed in Germany – 1, 2000
0-167

P1411

208 Secondary Air Injection System, Bank 2 – Below
Limit
Diagnosis conditions
Intake air temperature 4.5 - 60 °C

Engine temperature 4.5 - 102 °C

Mass air flow 36 - 150 kg/h

Engine starting temperature less than 42 °C

Altitude correction factor greater than 0.75

Oxygen sensors 1 and 2 ahead of TWC are ready for operation

The secondary air injection pump is switched off

Diagnosis has not yet taken place during this cycle

Possible fault cause

Secondary air injection pump is not triggered
Secondary air injection pump does not work

Air supply lines restricted

Electric change-over valve does not function

Air change-over valve does not function

Vacuum system leaks

0-58
P0410

80 Secondary Air Injection System, Bank 1 – Below

Limit

Diagnosis condition

Intake air temperature 4.5 - 60 °C

Engine temperature 4.5 - 102 °C

Mass air flow 36 - 150 kg/h

Engine starting temperature less than 42 °C

Altitude correction factor greater than 0.75

Oxygen sensors 1 and 2 ahead of TWC are ready for operation

The secondary air injection pump is switched on

Diagnosis has not yet taken place during this cycle

Possible fault cause

Secondary air injection pump is not triggered
Secondary air injection pump does not work

Air supply lines restricted

Electric change-over valve does not function

Air change-over valve does not function

Vacuum system leaking

Fuel pumps do make a noise, it depends on what sort of sound. you should not be able to hear the pump in the tank but you will hear the pump in the engine compartment (especially as it is not on a vibration mount. probably not driving the car though).
Frank

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 08-21-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi Franck

Many thank's for you'r reply and informations

The pressur on fuel line should push the valve and became leaking ????? the cap do something against this leaking ????

The noise I heard was hight on my opinion and same as a buzzer, what is strange is that I heard this noise only after had running engine during 20 minutes around and not at the beginning of run .
The second point is that I heard another one noise less important near the fuel tank cap fitter (on the wing right side) and when I open the tank , the noise diseapear completly similar as pressure matter inside the tank

I would know if is there a link between tank-pump- valve -cap etc etc

Many thank's another one time, Did ou know that my 996TT is an scottish model ????

Best regard's

Marc

Old 08-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
that is the cap that you check fuel pressure with... dont drive it like that... major trouble.... get that capped...
if you have that second pump you can check if its getting the power.. but first get that capped...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Please Franck could you say me where you'd finding this documentation:

Is there possible to download som:ewhere all this kind of documentations for DME 7.8 ?????

DME 7.8

2665 P1411

0-167
page 1

DME 7.8
p1411
0-167

P1411

208 Secondary Air Injection System, Bank 2 – Below
Limit.................................

many thank's

Old 08-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by 996TTRTS3
Hi Franck

Many thank's for you'r reply and informations

The pressur on fuel line should push the valve and became leaking ????? the cap do something against this leaking ????

The noise I heard was hight on my opinion and same as a buzzer, what is strange is that I heard this noise only after had running engine during 20 minutes around and not at the beginning of run .
The second point is that I heard another one noise less important near the fuel tank cap fitter (on the wing right side) and when I open the tank , the noise diseapear completly similar as pressure matter inside the tank

I would know if is there a link between tank-pump- valve -cap etc etc

Many thank's another one time, Did ou know that my 996TT is an scottish model ????

Best regard's

Marc
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
that is the cap that you check fuel pressure with... dont drive it like that... major trouble.... get that capped...
if you have that second pump you can check if its getting the power.. but first get that capped...

Thank's for your reply , you mean "engine major trouble" or "fire major trouble" ????
Sorry but I take the pictures on the forum just for explain more easily what i'm thinking but I don't have 2 pumps !!! only one ...

Best regard's
Marc

Old 08-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Marc,

I got it from my 996tt workshop manual, its a pdf doc and I dont know how to get the document onto this page. The info I posted earlier had to be cut and paste but still didn't work as well as I hoped.
The doc is: DME 7.8 OBD 2 Manual

The part numbers came form my workshop manual as well: E_996tt_KATALOG_2010

I read some where the cap must be replaced if removed and will not seal if you use the old one. I will find the info.
As Markski has said do not drive or run the car, it could go on fire.
Will post more if I find out.

Frank

ps Just read the procedure for fuel pressure testing, it says the Brass cap must be replaced if removed as the sealing ring can not be re-used and could cause leaks.

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 08-21-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:01 PM
QUOTE: Many thank's another one time, Did ou know that my 996TT is an scottish model ????

Hi Marc,
Is yours very rusty then

( Just a private joke on myself, I have had a few rust problems in the past and it does rain quite a lot here )

As to the noise i wonder if you have fault in the Fuel Tank purge system, that might be related to the secondary air system if you have a vacuum valve failure. Trouble is I dont know very much about the fuel tank and carbon canister purge system. There will be others who will have experienced this problem before and might post you a better answer.

Frank.

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 08-21-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:16 PM
No !!!! really Franck , my TT stay 5 years on Glasgow and not so much rusty may be the scottish whisky permit here to not rust so much !!!!!!!

Could you try to load your 996 TT manual with DME 7.8 ODB2 manual on web site and like this i can download after or may be could you do a CD for me and my brother whom leave in scottland should be take it ?????

Sure that after you'r obliged to taste some french wine on the South of France where i'm leaving !!!!!

Old 08-21-2010, 02:17 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sunnyside
Just read the procedure for fuel pressure testing, it says the Brass cap must be replaced if removed as the sealing ring can not be re-used and could cause leaks.
Hmmm. I have had mine off MANY times for draining the tank, checking fuel pressure etc...always put the old one back on and never had a leak? Just lucky I guess? To the OP, obviously the picture you posted is NOT your car.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:18 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Marc, you got PM. ( un message privé )

Old 08-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Marc,
You could e-mail me and I will attach it.
Let me know if JP has sorted you out. I think he will though. He's good to know.

Frank

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 08-21-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Jean Pierre
merci mais peux-tu me mette ton adresse mail en mp STP
merci

Old 08-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Jp had send me some informatiosn but not working good at this time so I would like to contact hhim more better to explain ....
Many thank's for all

Old 08-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by ttboost
Hmmm. I have had mine off MANY times for draining the tank, checking fuel pressure etc...always put the old one back on and never had a leak? Just lucky I guess? To the OP, obviously the picture you posted is NOT your car.

Thank's

Sorry for the inconvenience, sure that it's not my car picture , I know this , these is only a picture taken on the forum for showing what about I would like to have more informations .............

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP needed for fuel leaking or failure