996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Red Beast Track Attack!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 08:35 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Red Beast Track Attack!

The Red Beast will be at Grattan Raceway tommorrow and Sunday teaching the BMW boys from the Motor City what Porsche's are all about!

This will be the first time out on the track with the KW suspension, upgraded brakes and 600hp! I can't wait!

I will let you know how it goes!

Old 10-03-2003, 08:36 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Go get them buddy.

Old 10-03-2003, 09:21 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Yeah damn those bimmers... they'll be screaching RWD-style all-over the place whilst you shimmy your way through late apexing and all... And as for the straights...

Old 10-03-2003, 11:28 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
You better take videos and post em', Or noone will belive you!
Hint Hint ... Good Luck

Old 10-05-2003, 03:23 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
buddy,

How did you do?

Old 10-05-2003, 03:29 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Saturday Morning first session run group A. WOW this is the most fun I have had in a long time! What a RUSH! The car was screwed down tight, and the power was phenomenal!! This is going to be a fun weekend!

Saturday after lunch second session run group A. Dang I love this car I can't imagine it with another 100 HP!! Session is going along great heading down the front straight away 140 mph on the speedo. Braking zone approaching, hit the brakes hmmm..... don't seem to be stopping hmmm..... something is definately not right. KAPOWIE! Left rear tire blows at 140 mph! Holy crap batman car immediately slides to the right I turn into the slide and the car whips back to the left, come on baby hold on! Finally regain control and limp the sucker off to the side of the track. This begins a LONG weekend. Car seems to be fine, I am fine instructor is fine (although I notice a brown spot on the back of his driving suit!) I will have to finish this story later because I have to go to the Steelers game. Go BUS!!

I will finish later!!

Old 10-05-2003, 03:51 PM
Banned
Tony - PES is infamous around these parts
OMG Buddy! I guess all I can say is NICE CATCH!!!

Old 10-05-2003, 05:20 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Is he serious?

Old 10-05-2003, 05:30 PM
cjv
I guess you were fortunate the Stage V wasn't available. What type of tires were you running. Do do know what the cause of the failure was?

Old 10-06-2003, 12:24 PM
I was running Hoosier tires and I am not sure what happened. To finish my story as promised when the tire blew it took out part of the inner fender liner and put a hole in the turbo hose that runs from the turbo to the intercooler. The rest of the weekend we tried various things to rig the hose to work and it would work for a while but the pressure was too much. We finally had to bag the event. Colin is fedexing me a new hose today.

I did get another full session run in on Sunday morning. I pulled up behind a Yellow Corvette ZO6 and managed to pass him before the first lap was over. I was actually impressed with the Vette as it was a completely stock 2002 with just track tires and it really ran pretty well. I thought for sure the guy had an aftermarket exhaust but he did not. It sounded very throaty for a stock GM exhaust.

Anyhow, now that I have tasted the Power of Stage 5 on the track I can't wait to unleash the extra ponies and get back on the track!

If you guys have not taken your tt to the track I highly recommend it. You will have a blast!! You don't have to know how to drive most DE's will have instructors to help you along. And you don't have to have any mods, you can run your bone stock car.

"MAJOR WARNING HERE"

Once you do your first track event you will become addicted and it will cost you money because you will want to modify the car. At least that has been my experience. Track tires, harnesses, etc...

WAY FUN!!!

Old 10-06-2003, 01:14 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Budman,
I am glad you managed to pull out of the sticky situation. I really thought you were kidding initially. So, the lowered car with 600hp works well enough for the track? I am going to Pocono this weekend and taking the MINI. We are running the East Course which is not well suited for the TT with the many closely spaced turns.
In the dry, does the 600hp have enough umph (PSM off) for throttle steer? Did you run with PSM on or off?

Old 10-06-2003, 06:07 PM
Ken,

PSM off as long as the track is dry. And yes there were times
coming out of turns going through the track out that I would spin the tires. Most corners I had to ease the throttle on to avoid wheelspin! This thing is a hummin!