996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Nuclear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buddyg
Congrats! Mark does good work.

Mark what kind of power can you make with the built internals?
thanks Buddy,
Actually the limitation is the fuel system... which taps out in the high 700s to the wheels... we have pushed one of these kits past 800rwhp on the dyno.
If I may say, and I hope its ok with him, Scott's car has these turbos....

Originally Posted by art4iza
Congrats Aaron, Mark knows his shiat. BTW Mar, What is the latest with you and Bobby on your car?
Bobbys car is on the dyno. My car is next. and we are finishing our 997tt....
track day very soon....

mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-27-2010, 01:27 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Are you telling me you are going to break the 1000HP mark? What is up with the 997tt?

Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Bobbys car is on the dyno. My car is next. and we are finishing our 997tt....
track day very soon....

mark

Old 08-28-2010, 01:37 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Great to see you Art! It hasn't been quite the same around here without you around teasing us with your monster build. I'm not sure what Marks doing with his car. I do know they're doing a ton of R&D on the 997tt.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:11 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Went out for a drive today with my brother again. This time we went looking at a few cars for him. He wanted to look at Range Rovers. The dealership also carries Porsche, Mercedes and Jaguar. The salesman asked me if I was interested in looking at a new 997tt they had. I said thank you but we're really just looking for my brother today. He replied, "You know it's got a lot more power than your 996tt." I gave him a little grin and said I sorta doubted it. He was a good guy and tried to educate me as to how much power my car made, etc. I played along being a good sport. My brother started laughing and told him that he had to change his pants after his first ride with me in my car. This piqued the salesmen's interest so I merely smiled and said my car isn't exactly stock. How much hp are you making he said. I popped the rear, he saw my Y pipe intake and said around 850. He immediately wipped out his cell phone and made a call, which I thought was strange. The next thing I know the service department is out looking at my car and takeing pics. It was so entertaining. If I was thinking I should have taken a few pics of the guys taking pics of my car.

I'm trying to talk my brother out of the Rover btw.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
OMG that's some funny Sh@t......

click to view

Old 08-28-2010, 04:22 PM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
Went out for a drive today with my brother again. This time we went looking at a few cars for him. He wanted to look at Range Rovers. The dealership also carries Porsche, Mercedes and Jaguar. The salesman asked me if I was interested in looking at a new 997tt they had. I said thank you but we're really just looking for my brother today. He replied, "You know it's got a lot more power than your 996tt." I gave him a little grin and said I sorta doubted it. He was a good guy and tried to educate me as to how much power my car made, etc. I played along being a good sport. My brother started laughing and told him that he had to change his pants after his first ride with me in my car. This piqued the salesmen's interest so I merely smiled and said my car isn't exactly stock. How much hp are you making he said. I popped the rear, he saw my Y pipe intake and said around 850. He immediately wipped out his cell phone and made a call, which I thought was strange. The next thing I know the service department is out looking at my car and takeing pics. It was so entertaining. If I was thinking I should have taken a few pics of the guys taking pics of my car.

I'm trying to talk my brother out of the Rover btw.
good story!

Old 08-28-2010, 06:34 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
nice had a similar experience when i took my father to look at a used boxster, salesman tried to sell me a 997tt said it was faster n such i just smiled. =)

Old 08-30-2010, 05:49 PM
It was a funny situation. Also, thanks for all the positive feedback.

I've gotten a lot of PMs asking me how this ski 850 compares to my last 18g package. It's pretty easy really, it just blows it away. They, the 18g and my new turbos, spool the same but I've got a lot more supporting mods now such as the blow through intake, larger mucho better ic, headers and a bunch of other stuff so it's not like it's exactly an apples to apples comparison. Bottom line though is that they both end up spooling the same. I highly recommend the 18g for anyone who wants a lot more power cheaply. It's probably enough for most people really. The ski 850 is exactly what Mark told me it was, "the big boy." I love, love the sound of the exhaust and the external blow off valves. It is a lot of fun to pull up along side a teenager with a Civic a monster howitzer exhaust and get off of the gas opening the bovs.....priceless.
These turbos do not stop pulling unlike my 18g. I really don't know the exact details of these turbos other than they are Garrett hybrid GT30s. They make more power than the 3076rs by around 30 hp and spool really quickly. They are the brain child of Bobby who came up with the 18g and 20g (I think the 16g too) so yeah he's got a lot of cred in my book. My 18g gave you a big hit, carried until 5500 and then tapered off. These turbos keep ramping up and don't stop. Today, for the first time, I ran race gas and the high boost setting. It is on a whole different level than the low boost pump gas setting and that was on another level than my old 18g. Corey, Nick, Scott and me have essentially the same setup. Nick has a different y pipe, Scott has different ic, rods, new lifters and a different tune from Todd. I don't have any numbers yet since I don't have access to a box but from my highly sensitive tuckas meter this thing is really, really fast. It gets up to triple digits so much quicker than my 18g it's amazing. I consider Mark a friend after all of this but I have no affiliation to his or Todd's buisness. Thank you to Mark for all of your help, crazy attention to detail and going above and beyond many times for me. Thank you to Bobby for all of his knowledge, patience, poineering and help. And lastly thank you to Todd K for a wicked great tune. I am very, very happy with my decision to go this route and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:01 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Glad to see you very happy with your set up.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
So you finally tuned it up

click to view

Old 08-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Yep, I was out working the last two weeks. It was worth the wait.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:12 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
What did my brother have to say after his first ride in my car with my new setup? (Insert pasty look, profuse sweating and long pause) "It's Nuclear!" This was only on pump gas too. I'll write more about it later but it's safe to say that this new setup from Markski, known as the Ski 850 GT, has completely exceeded my expectations.

Nice work Mark!

Congrat on your new setup!
Mark is always informative and helpful! Keep up with good work!

Old 08-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by S4corrado996TT
Congrat on your new setup!
Mark is always informative and helpful! Keep up with good work!
Thanks! Mark's knowledge of this stuff is really amazing plus he's a really good guy to boot.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Basic Sponsor
did you run 55% on the greddy? 1.45 bar?

click to view

Old 08-31-2010, 09:29 AM
I ended up at 50 Mark. I like to punch it in second gear instead of third so I was being cautious my first time out on high boost. I'll probably just go back to the settings you and Todd worked out since I know they're right on. So next time it's going to be 55.

This package makes everything except my GSXR 1000 feel slow! I really like the sound of your exhaust and external blow off valves.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.