996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My GT2 vs Peter's 3.8L monster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I am only going by my butt dyno and what Todd and Akram have told me. They were adamant about my car benefiting from 83 pounders.
They certainly didn't give you any more power at your level, but could have changed the way the car feels with the different spray pattern.

I went from 60lbrs to 83lbrs on my 996TT and remember the 83s changing the way the car responded. Not necessarily better, just different.

On my GT2, I went from 60lbrs, to 83lbrs, back to 60lbrs. My car currently runs so well with the 60's, that I don't want to mess with them.

The only reason I would swap to 83 lbrs is if I go with an entirely new fuel system with the goal of running close to 900 rwhp at 2.0 BAR.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:39 AM
racegate is infamous around these parts
I can't understand how changing to bigger injectors would give more power unless the previous one's were maxxed out preventing the boost from being turned up. Injectors by themselves aren't responsible for power production, they are just there in a supporting role. I can definitely understand noticing a difference in tip-in, and part throttle response via going to an injector with a better spray pattern though.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:41 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
I'm guessing now that you are gonna beat your old 60-130 time, with Whitey, Scott.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:41 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
My car doesn't even have a full bottom-end build. I have rods. That's it.

Peter's car flows so much air that he's maxing out the injectors at 900rwhp/1.5 BAR. He can run with cars running a lot more boost at only 1.3-1.5 BAR. Todd has tried to convince him to swap to larger injectors, re-tune, and put down well over 1,000rwhp...but he's simply not concerned with it. With larger injectors, he could easily run more boost...just like Rob, Art, EVOMS, etc...but he's content with what he has.

See if you can drag the details out of Markski. I'm betting you can't, but feel free to try.

This isn't all about power, of course. He makes more power than me at 1.35 BAR, that's for sure. However, GT2s are lighter overall and have less rotating mass (even though I'm running 19" HREs), which, as you know, all combines to make them very quick relative to the power they're making.
LOL your right good luck !

Old 08-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

See if you can drag the details out of Markski. I'm betting you can't, but feel free to try.

Oh OH lol I knew that was coming... J/K...
Scott is running a very well balanced garrett custom built turbo we provide on our Ski850Gt set up. If Im not mistaken it is the middle wheel.. we have 3 versions.... As Scott said, they pull and pull on top... something that most Gt30Rs cannot do on a P car... the secret, as Bobby my bus. partner puts it, is in the hot side... thus many only talk about compressor wheels and how much they flow... what about the turbine wheel/housing?

Good work Scott, glad to hear your happy with the car...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by racegate
I can't understand how changing to bigger injectors would give more power unless the previous one's were maxxed out preventing the boost from being turned up. Injectors by themselves aren't responsible for power production, they are just there in a supporting role. I can definitely understand noticing a difference in tip-in, and part throttle response via going to an injector with a better spray pattern though.
Absolutely 100% correct, spot-on post.

The 60's I'm running aren't maxed out until above 900whp, so I would see no power benefit in swapping them out for larger ones at my level.

If my buddy, who already makes over 900whp, wants to turn up his boost to make even more power, he'll need more fuel to go along with the boost increase, which of course means he'll need larger injectors.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-28-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by TXGold
I'm guessing now that you are gonna beat your old 60-130 time, with Whitey, Scott.
Ryan,

I won't come close to 4.6, even at 1.8 BAR. From 60-130, if I hit low 5's in my GT2, I'll be thrilled.

But in a head-to-head against my old car up to 150, I bet it would it be a lot closer than the 60-130s imply.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning

Good work Scott, glad to hear your happy with the car...
markski
Thanks, Mark. She's running beautifully.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:46 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Scott , can you get some video for us next time?

i'll be posting some vids here shortly of my freshly tuned car, stay tuned.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:44 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
So at 1.8 bar you should be around 830 to 840? Yeah you're right.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:11 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Great kill! even if it was another P car

Scott at 1.8 bar she is a Monster!!!

Old 08-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by TXGold
So at 1.8 bar you should be around 830 to 840?
I don't know. On 104 octane, I'm thinking closer to 800 rwhp or so. I guess I need to find out.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by PALETTE
Great kill! even if it was another P car
Well, I wouldn't call it a "kill", bro. I'd say it was a good showing against a more powerful car that can beat me with simple a turn of his EBC.

Scott at 1.8 bar she is a Monster!!!
Looking forward to finding out.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Very impressive, nicely done Scott!
Thanks, Drew.

I sure wish we lived nearby. I'd love to get involved in some of those Mexico runs you guys have out there.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
From what I have been told, the larger injectors allow me to run more boost, to run 1.65-1.7 as safely as I ran 1.5 on the smaller injectors.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My GT2 vs Peter's 3.8L monster