996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

ImagineAuto Stage 4 ROCKS!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 02:56 AM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
bump, would like an answer

Old 02-19-2005, 06:28 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Lou,
These should be considered a spool time somewhere between the k16 and the k24 So the normal lag is not there like that of the k24. Headers do not take much to install. They are the easiest of all of the parts to change.

Sticky, The "new"GT turbos are the same wheel. The only thing different is the housing. They spool no longer or less than the original versions we started with. The turbos after that are very laggy but make BIG power. There is no such thing as a free lunch. you get one or the other.

Old 02-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by PorschePhD
Lou,
Headers do not take much to install. They are the easiest of all of the parts to change.
Lou,

I installed mines myself in 1.5 hours.

Old 02-20-2005, 08:16 AM
gneypiks is infamous around these partsgneypiks is infamous around these parts
britt;
can you tell me how long was the process to hv the turbos prep by kevin,tuning the ecu/ n installing the headers-2,3,4,5,weeks??or any tuners care to advise.thanks.

Old 02-20-2005, 12:44 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
The ECU takes a day turn around. The turbos can take a few weeks depending on load of work back up and the install of them is book 8 hours. The headers are a 2 hour job if you are slow.

Old 02-20-2005, 05:07 PM
gneypiks is infamous around these partsgneypiks is infamous around these parts
hey stephen;
can't get you on the phone,can you pm me.like to know whether you hv spoken to kevin abt my turbos.

skip

Old 02-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by PorschePhD

Sticky, The "new"GT turbos are the same wheel. The only thing different is the housing. They spool no longer or less than the original versions we started with.
So are these new GT turbos more powerful due to the different housing? Sharky said they felt more powerful and I am wondering how big the difference is.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Skip,
I have some info for you. I will call you on Monday.

Sticky, NO the housing does not create any more power. The wheels do not change. INstead of CNCing the orginal housing these simply fit in place of them. There is no difference.

Old 02-21-2005, 02:54 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sticky
So are these new GT turbos more powerful due to the different housing? Sharky said they felt more powerful and I am wondering how big the difference is.
I didn't say they "made' more power but the inlet "seemed" larger with the Garrett vs KKK housing is all. It could have been the programming because it had been a while since I drove a 640GT. Now we've done three of them in a couple of weeks and one more this coming week I'm getting more used to them....