996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Heading to Germany for Oktoberfest and Porsche Driving Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 06:28 PM
X98boardwell is infamous around these parts
Heading to Germany for Oktoberfest and Porsche Driving Experience

Will be in Stuttgart for a few days and plan on touring the Porsche and Mercedes museums while I'm there. My wife and I are doing the two-day "Palaces and Castles" tour with Porsche. There are 5 cars which we can switch off an on with (if we want) during the trip. Also included is a lead car and a translator just for our group.

Has anyone on this board ever done this driving experience and could offer any advice or insight to how or what to expect?

After that we head to Munich for 4 days meeting 4 friends there and will be completely anebriated for the entire time on beer while wearing my lederhosen... just like the locals. I think I need to get some sun on my legs above the knees.

Much appreciated,
Bryan

Old 09-02-2010, 09:26 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
You're going to enjoy Germany. I'm envious that you're getting a tour of the Porsche Museum. I've been to ze motherland several times and always enjoyed myself. You'll find that a lot of Germans speak English and they're a friendly people. Enjoy.............

Last edited by ReeknHavic; 09-02-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:06 AM
X98boardwell is infamous around these parts
When were ther

We arrive into Munich on the 22nd and take a train to Stuttgart. We are there for a few days doing the driving tour and then back to Munich on the 27th to the 30th for Oktoberfest.

Your lotus rental for a tour of Nurburgring sounds great. How much was that? I guess I didn't realize it was easy to get on that track.

When will you be there?

Bryan

Old 09-03-2010, 08:22 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dick_997
Bryan, actually anyone can get on the ring. Its actually a toll road! So no safety checks etc. Pay the toll and get a lap, thats about the extent of it as long as its not closed for testing, etc. I'll send you a PM.
im curious on the details too always had a dream of driving the autobahn and nurburgring.

got some time off coming up too

Old 09-04-2010, 01:18 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Make sure to check the calender to see if the track is open on the day you want to go so you are not disappointed http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/calendar.html

It is a total blast for sure. Unfortunately the BMW ring taxi is out of action until 17 October.

The Porsche museum is super. But make sure to visit the MB one as well. It is just across town. Try to get a reseravtion at the Porshe musem returant. They have some very fine food. The beer is not bad either

Last edited by Gunther; 09-04-2010 at 01:21 AM.