996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Mermelstein: Down, but not out!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
no disrespect, but let me sell the parts from using them on cars and working with 100's of customers and getting feedback.
I have a better one lol

I have clients call and compare prices/parts, etc... I tell them how it is... they complain how others are expensive and or cheaper... etc.... but they talk to me for an hour... get all the info ... then they go back and spend the money with the other company.... put the parts on... they encounter issues soon after... call me back and ask ton of more questions trying to get me to talk to the installer so I can help them resolve the issue... Ironically the companies they buy from offer no support.... Or do not care.... THEY GOT YOUR MONEY.
My point is: spend your money wisely... and if your going to do it give it up to someone that doesn't leave you out in the cold when your car breaks down...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
and nobody likes the cold... NOBODY!

Old 09-08-2010, 02:40 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
I have a better one lol

My point is: spend your money wisely... and if your going to do it give it up to someone that doesn't leave you out in the cold when your car breaks down...

Well said Mark.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:41 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
and nobody likes the cold... NOBODY!

Old 09-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Come to find out, the delay was not on Betims end, it was my local mechanic sitting on my car for 90% of the time....I will let Betim post up his side of the story.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Betim is a good friend. He makes good stuff. People know this....

Old 09-08-2010, 06:10 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Come to find out, the delay was not on Betims end, it was my local mechanic sitting on my car for 90% of the time....I will let Betim post up his side of the story.
So that happens elsewhere? I have seen the cars of no return in my guy's shop. I tend to make myself at home and start grabbing wrenches!

Old 09-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Former Vendor
Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !
Dan, Glad you are doing better.

As for thread jacking, sorry.
I am shocked to read this. I hate to throw anyone under a bus, but it seems that I am the bus wheel chalk here. Dr, I might think that the 4.5 month thing was a lack of communication from your tech to us. I got a call from your tech Friday the 27 of August about an issue with your exhaust. I said that I would take care of it. September 2nd came around and my email to your tech was that the new system is done and off to the coat shop. So from the point at which I found about your exhaust (Friday 27th) to the point that your new system was done (Thursday 2nd) was 4 biz days. I hope you can clear this with your tech. And I am sorry that we did not talk directly about this issue. 4.5 months is out of line...4.5 weeks is crazy.

Kindest

Old 09-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Former Vendor
Did you just roll under the front wheel?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:18 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Dayummm!

Originally Posted by Betim@BBIAutosport
Dan, Glad you are doing better.

As for thread jacking, sorry.
I am shocked to read this. I hate to throw anyone under a bus, but it seems that I am the bus wheel chalk here. Dr, I might think that the 4.5 month thing was a lack of communication from your tech to us. I got a call from your tech Friday the 27 of August about an issue with your exhaust. I said that I would take care of it. September 2nd came around and my email to your tech was that the new system is done and off to the coat shop. So from the point at which I found about your exhaust (Friday 27th) to the point that your new system was done (Thursday 2nd) was 4 biz days. I hope you can clear this with your tech. And I am sorry that we did not talk directly about this issue. 4.5 months is out of line...4.5 weeks is crazy.

Kindest

Old 09-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thanks for the phone call, Betim, and I greatly appreciate your assurance that you will make everything right (although it seems clear now that you did not create the situation).

Old 09-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Former Vendor
Repeat... Betim is NOT the

Old 09-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Former Vendor
Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !
Repeat... Betim is NOT the

hilar ious

Old 09-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Former Vendor
Chico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to all
Hey guys, just wanted to give you guys a quick up-date, Dan is back in the hospital, hopefully he will be back on here soon, if you guys need anything or have any questions let me know, I'll do my best to get things taken care of while he gets better.

Regards
Jon

Old 09-12-2010, 05:13 AM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Jeez.
Get well bud.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.