996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Props to EPL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 04:58 PM
willieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the rough
EPL rocks! Tony an Robin are the best. They answer the phone and email quickly and have the enthusiasm I crave when talking about my Porsche. My car isn't near the car that most of you have but it scares the crap out of me everytime I drive it Soon will changing the exhaust and EPL said they would provide the flash adjustment on the house. EPL ROCKS!

Old 09-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Wolk's Wagon is infamous around these partsWolk's Wagon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AlphaDog28
I had a couple of PM's about the bad garage experience I had. The guy was a neighbor of mine at my previous home. Bottom line is I told him I wouldn't slam him if he had my car ready the next day...It was leaving his shop either way, on a truck or me driving. 50+ days to install a bolt-on kit and change the clutch is a bit excessive. He stayed all night and did the best he could.
I find it funny that you are giving props to the guys that wrote the software and run the dyno shop, but you crapping on the guy who actualy put in the most effort to build the car that you are so happy with?

So have any of the heavy hitting 600hp+ Houston guys dynoed at engine logics?

Chris said he has had a few cars come in thinking they were gonna put down ove 600whp and left with < 440whp max.

Last edited by Wolk's Wagon; 09-06-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:19 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
No offense, but you guys really need to forget about the useless dyno numbers and go get a Pbox and see how the car really performs...the purpose of the dyno is to make improvements from run to run. You can make a dyno show just about any number you want...within reason.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:23 PM
AlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Wolk's Wagon
I find it funny that you are giving props to the guys that wrote the software and run the dyno shop, but you crapping on the guy who actualy put in the most effort to build the car that you are so happy with?

So have any of the heavy hitting 600hp+ Houston guys dynoed at engine logics?

Chris said he has had a few cars come in thinking they were gonna put down ove 600whp and left with < 440whp max.
The guy that actually did the work cost me an additional steering pump due to using the wrong fluid. The guy that actually did the work forgot to tighten the transaxle...all 8 bolts. He also didn't fab the inlets and I had to remove and cut them on my own.That same guy floated my money that I paid him in advance for over a month to run his business...how do I know??? I called to find out when he placed the PO's. Oh and did I mention he tried to blame it on EPL?

Not to mention I had to source another way to tune the car.

Sorry for the rant...touchy subject.

As far a the dyno...it's named heartbreaker for a reason. Great for tuning, not so great for bragging sheets.

Last edited by AlphaDog28; 09-06-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:29 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
As far a the dyno...it's named heartbreaker for a reason. Great for tuning, not so great for bragging sheets.
You're new here, so we'll give you a pass... People post dyno numbers here all the time, but we really don't give them any creedance. As you can see, we live by the real world times, 60-130, trap speed, etc....You could have a 20-80whp differential in dyno numbers from dyno to dyno...why would you wanna brag about that? There are people making 600+rwhp and don't run any better numbers than some "making" 500rwhp. With the mods you have, others have dyno'd near 600whp and have run in the 5's 60-130. Go out and try and report back.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:33 PM
AlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ttboost
You're new here, so we'll give you a pass... People post dyno numbers here all the time, but we really don't give them any creedance. As you can see, we live by the real world times, 60-130, trap speed, etc....You could have a 20-80whp differential in dyno numbers from dyno to dyno...why would you wanna brag about that? There are people making 600+rwhp and don't run any better numbers than some "making" 500rwhp. With the mods you have, others have dyno'd over 600whp and have run in the 5's 60-130. Go out and try and report back.
Just got the tools to do this. I don't put much merit in dyno's either...to much b/s the operator can do to modify the outcome. The car is fast as hell. My issue is The meth and injectors are in transit. In this hot weather I would rather wait to post those numbers...

Robin...where's my stuff???

Old 09-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Wolk's Wagon is infamous around these partsWolk's Wagon is infamous around these parts
Sounds like it did not end well with the 1st shop.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:41 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
ADog,

If you're game, I have a pbox that you can borrow if you really want to know how your car performs. I can show you how it works and take you to a perfect spot.

PM me if interested.

The guy that actually did the work cost me an additional steering pump due to using the wrong fluid. The guy that actually did the work forgot to tighten the transaxle...all 8 bolts. He also didn't fab the inlets and I had to remove and cut them on my own.That same guy floated my money that I paid him in advance for over a month to run his business...how do I know??? I called to find out when he placed the PO's. Oh and did I mention he tried to blame it on EPL?

Not to mention I had to source another way to tune the car.

Sorry for the rant...touchy subject.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:53 PM
PM sent

Old 09-06-2010, 06:49 PM
willieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the rough
Okay, what is this Pbox thing. I have no desire to put my car on a dyno but would love to get some data My car is as far as it's going to go with the excpetion of an exhaust.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Lysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really nice
Let's see how those Alpha's really perform. Get Vivid to go with you so he can verify your times and get you to the 60-130 board.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lysoleverywhere
Let's see how those Alpha's really perform. Get Vivid to go with you so he can verify your times and get you to the 60-130 board.
Already in the works...you guys are gonna need to bear with me on this...it's really f'king hot right now and I have an aquamist and injectors paid for and am awaiting them on the UPS truck.

I am guessing 2-3 weeks.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by willieboy
Okay, what is this Pbox thing. I have no desire to put my car on a dyno but would love to get some data My car is as far as it's going to go with the excpetion of an exhaust.
Pbox is expensive. If you have an Android or iphone you can download a dyno/timer app that is fairly accurate. It won't get you on the boards with a verified time, but if you just want it for you then that may be the way to go.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:24 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Pbox is expensive. If you have an Android or iphone you can download a dyno/timer app that is fairly accurate. It won't get you on the boards with a verified time, but if you just want it for you then that may be the way to go.
Very nice car with good mods!!

Are you bringing her to the TX Mile next month? Would love to see another A28 car there...

Old 09-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by MBailey
Very nice car with good mods!!

Are you bringing her to the TX Mile next month? Would love to see another A28 car there...
Sadly...no. I just got it back from paint and looked at the site. Apparently the waiting list and the participant list are full. Maybe March.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Props to EPL