996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Props to EPL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Banned
Robin@EPL is infamous around these parts
Clay, your injectors & Aquamist methanol system shipped last week. Just emailed you a tracking number! Post some photos of the new front end!

Old 09-07-2010, 10:50 PM
DrF
DrF is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AlphaDog28
Pbox is expensive. If you have an Android or iphone you can download a dyno/timer app that is fairly accurate. It won't get you on the boards with a verified time, but if you just want it for you then that may be the way to go.
what is the name of the iPhone app?

Old 09-08-2010, 05:11 AM
AlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DrF
what is the name of the iPhone app?
Dynolicious is the app I have seen used.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:11 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AlphaDog28
Dynolicious is the app I have seen used.
I don't believe you can verify 60-130 times though, I tried it, deleted it after few tries.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:20 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Might as well be using a stop watch...

Old 09-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Staley is infamous around these parts
Since I am the person being slammed that owns the European shop in the Hobby area and has a red Ferrari, I felt inclined to reply to this post.
I have compiled a document regarding the upgrades and time frame for services at my shop.
I just want to clerify some mis-information that was stated in an earlier post.

Clay, I am sorry if you were not completely satisfied with the services that I performed for you
at my shop. I also dispute your comment regarding spending your money. I did spend your money ordering the necessary parts for your vehicle.

Clay 2004 Porsche 996 Turbo Tial A28 upgrade:

3/29/10 Customer drops off car.
3/29/10 Ticket opened.
3/29/10 Email EPL regarding A28 turbocharger kit pricing.

3/30/10 Estimate complete. Phone customer for approval.
3/30/10 Ticket sold.

3/31/10 Customer calls concerning pricing of the Tial A28 Kit. Says the price is too high and asks If I can check into it, and possibly source the kit from another company.
3/31/10 Email Jake Niergarth at Tial Motorsport regarding pricing of the A28 kit.
3/31/10 Phone call to AMS inquiring about the A28 kit and their retail pricing.

4/5/10 After 2 emails to Jake he answers my questions regarding “retail price”

4/6/10 Phone call to discuss pricing with EPL, we were told retail pricing not “shop” pricing and
Matrixed our retail pricing from retail pricing. Pricing issues resolved and estimate adjusted.

4/7/20 Phone call to customer to discuss estimate for performance upgrades.
4/7/10 *Customer declines upgraded fuel injectors.*
4/7/10 Customer agrees to estimate and instructs us to begin.
4/7/10 Called EPL to order the A28 kit. We were told that the kit that was in stock was already sold, and another kit was already on order from Tial.

4/14/10 Email from customer requesting addition of a new OE set of DV’s, and to please send Speedtech his intake pipe for modifications that he arranged and paid for himself.

4/19/10 Ordered new OE Flywheel and OE diverter valves.

4/20/10 IM with EPL regarding delivery status of A28 kit. EPL states a new office person was hired recently and he was told to ship the kit. “It was shipped yesterday or this afternoon.”
I informed EPL that if it had not shipped yet, please at this point ship the kit next day delivery. Also discussed clutch options again Spec says use a 3+. EPL confirmed that the Stg 2+ os more than adequate.
4/20/10 Call and place purchase order with SPEC for a Stg 2+ clutch and request next day delivery.
4/20/10 Begin with engine / transmission removal.

4/21/10 Customer calls and asks that we only replace the flywheel if it “needs it”
4/21/10 IM with EPL regarding tracking number for A28 kit. (1Z3176Y10392164888) I was told that I would not be happy.. the kit was shipped UPS ground by accident.
4/21/10 Flywheel arrives at the shop.
4/21/10 Clutch kit arrives from Spec.

4/23/10 OE diverter valves arrive at the shop.

4/26/10 Determined original flywheel needed to be replaced. SPEC recommended to replace regardless of visible damage to the old one.

4/27/10 Installed new flywheel and Spec Clutch.

4/28/10 A28 kit arrives from EPL via UPS ground.
4/28/10 Tony recommended a different set of spark plugs and they arrived today.
4/28/10 Remove stock turbochargers.
4/29/10 Begin Tial A28 kit installation.

4/30/10 Intake pipes arrive today from EVOMS. (worked until 12:30AM to complete car for the customer so he can take his new toy to Coffee and Cars.)
The EVOMS intake pipes do not fit worth a flip and decide to call it a night and start fresh Monday am. The customer was IRATE to say the least.

5/3/10 Fight with the EVOMS intake pipes. Made several calls to EVOMS to discuss. Called my friend Chris Green to discuss, he told me that they make their own pipes.
5/3/10 Install new OE fuel filter.

5/4/10 Customer comes by the shop to “check” on the car. I told him that we would have the car ready asap. He left VERY angry slamming the door.
5/4/10 Continue with similar EVOMS fitment issues. Ordered several hoses to cut customers new piping, and decided not to cut the customers new parts.
Excessive force and a heat gun allowed the Intake piping to finally connect to the turbochargers. (Gotta love customer provided parts)
5/4/10 Phone call from VERY IRATE customer claiming if his car is NOT fixed by tomorrow he is going to send a wrecker and pick up the car.. ready or not.

5/5/10 Customer arrives at 4pm. I informed him that we were almost ready with the car. He warned me about the wrecker again.. so I sternly told him to call a wrecker!
Customer calmly sat in his car until we were finished.
5/5/10 Vehicle was started and driven around the block at 7pm. (2 hours after we close for business) The customer refused to let us drive the car to make sure everything was perfect and ready for delivery.

* Customer never called back or informed us of any issues with this vehicle after the May 5, 2010 delivery.
*Customer stated via a website post that an incorrect power steering fluid was used. This vehicle power steering system uses Pentosin CHF 11s and that was the fluid used in this application.
*Customer states that 8 of the transmission bolts were left loose and this is absolutely not possible.
*The car was at our shop for repairs for a total of 38 days start to finish. (less 10 days for weekends) 28 total days for the complete services start to finish listed here on this document.

We always strive to provide every customer with an excellent service. We unfortunately cannot please every person that enters our shop regardless of how we try.
If the customer had concerns regarding the vehicle after he took delivery we wished that he would have given us the courtesy to inspect the vehicle at that time.

Sincerely,
Mike Staley

The information provided in this document have been verified with Spec and EPL.
*edit for excessive line spacing.*

Last edited by Staley; 09-08-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Lysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really nice
No no, you can. Mine shows that I have the fastest 996TT in a 5mi. radius.

Originally Posted by 2muchtime
I don't believe you can verify 60-130 times though, I tried it, deleted it after few tries.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:00 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ttboost
Might as well be using a stop watch...
Or the more accurate; one Mississippi, two Mississippi....

Old 09-08-2010, 02:51 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Staley
Since I am the person being slammed that owns the European shop in the Hobby area and has a red Ferrari, I felt inclined to reply to this post.
I have compiled a document regarding the upgrades and time frame for services at my shop.
I just want to clerify some mis-information that was stated in an earlier post.

Clay, I am sorry if you were not completely satisfied with the services that I performed for you
at my shop. I also dispute your comment regarding spending your money. I did spend your money ordering the necessary parts for your vehicle.

Clay 2004 Porsche 996 Turbo Tial A28 upgrade:

3/29/10 Customer drops off car.
3/29/10 Ticket opened.
3/29/10 Email EPL regarding A28 turbocharger kit pricing.

3/30/10 Estimate complete. Phone customer for approval.
3/30/10 Ticket sold.

3/31/10 Customer calls concerning pricing of the Tial A28 Kit. Says the price is too high and asks If I can check into it, and possibly source the kit from another company.
3/31/10 Email Jake Niergarth at Tial Motorsport regarding pricing of the A28 kit.
3/31/10 Phone call to AMS inquiring about the A28 kit and their retail pricing.

4/5/10 After 2 emails to Jake he answers my questions regarding “retail price”

4/6/10 Phone call to discuss pricing with EPL, we were told retail pricing not “shop” pricing and
Matrixed our retail pricing from retail pricing. Pricing issues resolved and estimate adjusted.

4/7/20 Phone call to customer to discuss estimate for performance upgrades.
4/7/10 *Customer declines upgraded fuel injectors.*
4/7/10 Customer agrees to estimate and instructs us to begin.
4/7/10 Called EPL to order the A28 kit. We were told that the kit that was in stock was already sold, and another kit was already on order from Tial.

4/14/10 Email from customer requesting addition of a new OE set of DV’s, and to please send Speedtech his intake pipe for modifications that he arranged and paid for himself.

4/19/10 Ordered new OE Flywheel and OE diverter valves.

4/20/10 IM with EPL regarding delivery status of A28 kit. EPL states a new office person was hired recently and he was told to ship the kit. “It was shipped yesterday or this afternoon.”
I informed EPL that if it had not shipped yet, please at this point ship the kit next day delivery. Also discussed clutch options again Spec says use a 3+. EPL confirmed that the Stg 2+ os more than adequate.
4/20/10 Call and place purchase order with SPEC for a Stg 2+ clutch and request next day delivery.
4/20/10 Begin with engine / transmission removal.

4/21/10 Customer calls and asks that we only replace the flywheel if it “needs it”
4/21/10 IM with EPL regarding tracking number for A28 kit. (1Z3176Y10392164888) I was told that I would not be happy.. the kit was shipped UPS ground by accident.
4/21/10 Flywheel arrives at the shop.
4/21/10 Clutch kit arrives from Spec.

4/23/10 OE diverter valves arrive at the shop.

4/26/10 Determined original flywheel needed to be replaced. SPEC recommended to replace regardless of visible damage to the old one.

4/27/10 Installed new flywheel and Spec Clutch.

4/28/10 A28 kit arrives from EPL via UPS ground.
4/28/10 Tony recommended a different set of spark plugs and they arrived today.
4/28/10 Remove stock turbochargers.
4/29/10 Begin Tial A28 kit installation.

4/30/10 Intake pipes arrive today from EVOMS. (worked until 12:30AM to complete car for the customer so he can take his new toy to Coffee and Cars.)
The EVOMS intake pipes do not fit worth a flip and decide to call it a night and start fresh Monday am. The customer was IRATE to say the least.

5/3/10 Fight with the EVOMS intake pipes. Made several calls to EVOMS to discuss. Called my friend Chris Green to discuss, he told me that they make their own pipes.
5/3/10 Install new OE fuel filter.

5/4/10 Customer comes by the shop to “check” on the car. I told him that we would have the car ready asap. He left VERY angry slamming the door.
5/4/10 Continue with similar EVOMS fitment issues. Ordered several hoses to cut customers new piping, and decided not to cut the customers new parts.
Excessive force and a heat gun allowed the Intake piping to finally connect to the turbochargers. (Gotta love customer provided parts)
5/4/10 Phone call from VERY IRATE customer claiming if his car is NOT fixed by tomorrow he is going to send a wrecker and pick up the car.. ready or not.

5/5/10 Customer arrives at 4pm. I informed him that we were almost ready with the car. He warned me about the wrecker again.. so I sternly told him to call a wrecker!
Customer calmly sat in his car until we were finished.
5/5/10 Vehicle was started and driven around the block at 7pm. (2 hours after we close for business) The customer refused to let us drive the car to make sure everything was perfect and ready for delivery.

* Customer never called back or informed us of any issues with this vehicle after the May 5, 2010 delivery.
*Customer stated via a website post that an incorrect power steering fluid was used. This vehicle power steering system uses Pentosin CHF 11s and that was the fluid used in this application.
*Customer states that 8 of the transmission bolts were left loose and this is absolutely not possible.
*The car was at our shop for repairs for a total of 38 days start to finish. (less 10 days for weekends) 28 total days for the complete services start to finish listed here on this document.

We always strive to provide every customer with an excellent service. We unfortunately cannot please every person that enters our shop regardless of how we try.
If the customer had concerns regarding the vehicle after he took delivery we wished that he would have given us the courtesy to inspect the vehicle at that time.

Sincerely,
Mike Staley

The information provided in this document have been verified with Spec and EPL.
*edit for excessive line spacing.*

This is how you document problems with customers. Well done & seems precise. Good to see the other side of the story.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Staley is infamous around these parts
Paulie,
Thanks.

Don't get me wrong, Clay is a nice guy and I have known him and his dad for a long time. I built them some fast Audis back in the day.
I was really bummed out over the whole Porsche turbo upgrade project. I am sure that his 996 is a screaming monster now. I have been keeping up with his car and making sure the tuning is going well via Tony. I just hope he continues to get a good service from Chris at EngineLogics.

Mike

Old 09-08-2010, 03:26 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Staley
Paulie,
Thanks.

Don't get me wrong, Clay is a nice guy and I have known him and his dad for a long time. I built them some fast Audis back in the day.
I was really bummed out over the whole Porsche turbo upgrade project. I am sure that his 996 is a screaming monster now. I have been keeping up with his car and making sure the tuning is going well via Tony. I just hope he continues to get a good service from Chris at EngineLogics.

Mike

some times mixing friends and business just dont go as planned, for either side. ive seen some very simple mods on these cars turn into big ordeals that was not planned by either side. i think sometimes they really are put together with graham *******s and sealed with pixie Dust.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Lysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really nice
I think a round of beers are in order

Old 09-08-2010, 04:11 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Beers hmmmm those are on paulie and im sure he can supply the beer fetchers too from his business workers.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:39 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
Beers hmmmm those are on paulie and im sure he can supply the beer fetchers too from his business workers.

Are you still in Alabama filming for Jerry Springer? Have you done any work or are you sitting in your motel waiting for a date?

Old 09-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Are you still in Alabama filming for Jerry Springer? Have you done any work or are you sitting in your motel waiting for a date?
i get paid to be around and think about working, we just finished up here actually last saturday 76.8miles of pipe 42"diameter/36"diameter laid it out and left it in the ground.

headed to florida now for some more work trying to work upto 20$ a day for my porsche dream car fund some day ill afford that 1:6 scale model carrera GT

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Props to EPL