996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

M5 kill - against my will

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
M5 kill - against my will

Last night I was driving to the airport around midnight to pick up my wife who came back from a business trip.
Kind of a bad timespot in Atlanta, with lots of kids in full weekend mode and even racing their parent's SUVs.
I was trying to stay away from it all when all of a sudden I see some blue lights approaching me at warp speed. Car slams the brakes and sits next to me, engine making all kinds of popping sounds, etc...the ultimate intimidation. Car sounded modified.
I roll down my window and wave the guy away. This week has been brutal on me (budgeting for 2011 + August month-end close) and I felt too tired to play around.
A couple of miles further, the M5 pulls next to me again and the driver rolls down his window and gives me the fattest grin. He definitely seemed to think he owned me....let's pick on the yellow convertible.
The intimidation goes on and I really get angry.
How do i make him go away ? Give him what he wants ? I kicked down a gear and take off (obviously all within legal speeds). The M5 reacts but things seem to take longer...not as much of an immediate response. I slow down and he pulls next to me. Now he tries to explain me that I cheated and that we need the three honks. Good ! This time I am better prepared and get the car in second gear at 4k rpm. When we went for it, my take-off was flawless. I just left the M5 behind, it wasn't even close. I was kind of surprised how easy they are to kill. From what I observed, they are too heavy to duke it out with our cars. My zero clearance hybrids have an incredible response time, while the Bimmer really takes time to get up to speed.
Oh yeah - for the Bimmer guys : his plate was "Aria M5".
I hope he learned from this. While we all drive fast cars, there's always something out there that will hand you over your a$$ on a plate.

Disclaimer : all of this took place within GA speed limits and no traffic infractions were commited.

Last edited by Yves; 09-04-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:57 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
E39 or E60?

Old 09-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Nice. I always enjoy punishing aggressive drivers like that.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bonehead
E39 or E60?
The latest model (Bungle butt).

Old 09-04-2010, 12:16 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Nice kill.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:26 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Good story with happy ending! Thanks for sharing Yves.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:27 PM
XwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud of
i love e60 m5's my buddy just came over to show me his the other day...

Old 09-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
You bully. I have an e60M5. Against a tuned turbo they do not stand a chance. There is a video on the M5 board of a tuned 996tt running a stock M5 and the M5 pulled on it. I am sure there was something wrong with that picture. However, they can pull on a stock turbo.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:08 PM
big_jay is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Yves
Disclaimer : all of this took place within GA speed limits and no traffic infractions were commited.

Yves, You're a funny guy!!

Awsome Story!!

What Mod's are you running on you're car?

Old 09-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by big_jay
Yves, You're a funny guy!!

Awsome Story!!

What Mod's are you running on you're car?
K16/24 zero clearance hybrids, Europipe, FVD flash up to 1.3 bar, Forge DV, GT2 intercoolers. Not that much

Old 09-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Prche951
You bully. I have an e60M5. Against a tuned turbo they do not stand a chance. There is a video on the M5 board of a tuned 996tt running a stock M5 and the M5 pulled on it. I am sure there was something wrong with that picture. However, they can pull on a stock turbo.
I'm not a bully. As mentioned, I was tired and just wanted this guy to go away. It worked.

As far as the M5 is concerned, it was for sure running an aftermarket exhaust. Can not speak to any other modifications.
All i can say is that the guy certainly was looking for trouble and since he was the one instigating, it is hard for me to believe he held back.

To the best of my knowledge, that's all I can say about this incident.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yves
I'm not a bully. As mentioned, I was tired and just wanted this guy to go away. It worked.

As far as the M5 is concerned, it was for sure running an aftermarket exhaust. Can not speak to any other modifications.
All i can say is that the guy certainly was looking for trouble and since he was the one instigating, it is hard for me to believe he held back.

To the best of my knowledge, that's all I can say about this incident.
I was just kidding, I've been there. Had a ZO6 do nearly the exact same thing to me and we rolled and he got crushed from 15mph to 65mphwhere we stopped because that is the speed limit.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
We are very, very different my friend....after a bad day, you just wanted him to go away.

Me, after a bad day I pray for this sort of encounter

Nice kill

Old 09-04-2010, 04:32 PM
smistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond repute
if the opportunity presents itself, then you must kill it!

way to represent!

Old 09-04-2010, 04:54 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Awesome Kill man.

i was driving through Socal and had one mess with me a bit and i finaly gave in also and he couldn't believe the outcome rolled down the window and said nice car i smiled thanked him and continued up the coast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M5 kill - against my will