996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just installed sprint booster and 997 shifter - Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Mark.S4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SprintBooster
Have you tried our product sir?
So you are admitting that it's an adjustable amplifier?

That's what it sounds like...

Old 09-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Former Vendor
SprintBooster is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mark.S4
So you are admitting that it's an adjustable amplifier?

That's what it sounds like...
We are simply asking if you have tried the product and are speaking from personal experience or if you are speculating. We have explained at length already to you and everyone observing this thread what our product does, And what sets it apart from everything else.

There are two camps, people who have used Sprint Booster and love it, and those who attempt armchair engineer the product from a far and feel they know everything about the product. What we always like to see is people who can put their personal bias's aside and try it. Its at that point when people tend to realize the true benefit of our product. Our product is tested everyday by every day people, and when they do they are besides themselves on how well the product works.

So again, we ask, have you tried our product. We have no problem with your opinion, but before you dismiss our product out right, we rather you try it and speak from personal experience. We have won awards on our product. And generally Porsche owners overwhelmingly enjoy the benefits.

Even when our Sprint Booster was being reviewed for the SEMA award. If you read closely it happens that the review was conducted on a Porsche.

Again, we invite you and everyone else to try our product. And then report back what you like, or what you didnt like. We listen to our customer's feedback so we can always improve our product and the technology that we have brought to the market.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jprice
Don't let the Sprint Booster advertiser confuse you. I'd like to dispell the myth:

It does NOT and NEVER will decrease DBW lag. Motronic is still going to do what it does with the throttle valve. The SprintBooster products do NOT intercept or circumvent the signal between the ECU and the throttle body. All it does is amplify the DC Voltage between the pedal and the ECU. There is NO lag there.. NONE. (well aside from the lag of the speed of electricity, which is not accelerated by SprintBooster. )

Claiming that SprintBooster decreases DBW lag is completely and blatantly false advertising. It does no such thing.

The Pedal returns a signal to the ECU, 0-5v DC. What Sprint Booster does is simply amplify the signal, so if you depress your pedal 30%, it might send a signal to the ECU indicating that you pressed it 50%, or 60% or whatever the gain is set to. YOU CAN DO THE SAME THING by simply pressing the gas pedal 50%, or 60% instead of 30%.

So effectively, Sprint Booster reduces the accuracy of your throttle pedal by shortening functional travel of the gas pedal. (Since if pressing the pedal 80% tell the ECU you pressed it 100%, you lost the last 20% of pedal travel doing anything)

It's really quite simple, but Sprint Booster sales and marketing people will tell you it's complicated, or it does this or that... but at the end of the day it's a dc voltage amplifier with selectable gain with a 5v max output.

See through the smoke and mirrors folks!

It does NOT make your car any faster (unless you're phycisally unable to push your pedal 100% by yourself ), it does NOT DBW reduce lag (physically impossible due to it's location and complete separation from motronic).
jprice, have you tried the product. I am interested in your opinion and anyone elses who has tried it on a tuned built turbo, not just a stocker.

As I stated before if you already have an engine that is rev happy at the blip of a throttle, will this even make a difference?

Old 09-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
any more input from actual users?

if it works I'm in, but need more referals

Old 09-07-2010, 08:23 PM
vv23 has a spectacular aura aboutvv23 has a spectacular aura about
I like it. =)

Old 09-07-2010, 08:37 PM
willieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dfwerdoc
trust me on this one ... get the ssk version and shell out the extra 200 dollars. i went from 996oem to 997oem to 997ssk.
That settles it. 997SSK it is. Thanks for all the input guys. I new this mod bug was going to kill me

Old 09-07-2010, 08:39 PM
BIGMONKEY is infamous around these parts
sprint booster

There was/is a recent group buy with 20+ ppl (including myself) buying the sprint booster. I'll let you know what I think when I get it, hopefully others will also.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:48 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
tuff to win by arguing on "teh interwebzz"

Old 09-07-2010, 08:50 PM
vv23 has a spectacular aura aboutvv23 has a spectacular aura about
I'd go to the dealership and try shifting a regular 997 first in the showroom before u make your decision. I'm sure the 997 short shifter is really good, but give the regular one a try first. I had a short shift when I got the car and hated it- so it's not for everyone.

Originally Posted by willieboy
That settles it. 997SSK it is. Thanks for all the input guys. I new this mod bug was going to kill me

Old 09-08-2010, 01:47 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jprice
Meh, it's a dc volt amplifier, with selectable gain now. You can get the same effect by simply pushing your gas pedal more. People feel the same change as if they had simply driven with more gas pedal in the first place. If they want to drop a bunch of money on a voltage amplifier instead of just pressing the gas pedal more.. then great! Those people are keeping Sprint Booster in business!

I agree it WOULD be truly amazing to drive a modern car with zero throttle. How's the air going to get into the motor?
I gotta say that when I owned my e46 M3 I only drove it with the sport button mode ON which made the throttle much more sensitive and made it easier to blip it when revmatching on downshifts. The car was no fun at all with the sport button OFF and felt like it was down on power even though I know there was no change in output. It made a believer out of me. I'm assuming that this sprint amplifier is essentially the same thing that was employed on the M3? Anyone care to chime in?

Old 09-08-2010, 02:09 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SprintBooster
We are simply asking if you have tried the product and are speaking from personal experience or if you are speculating. We have explained at length already to you and everyone observing this thread what our product does, And what sets it apart from everything else.

There are two camps, people who have used Sprint Booster and love it, and those who attempt armchair engineer the product from a far and feel they know everything about the product. What we always like to see is people who can put their personal bias's aside and try it. Its at that point when people tend to realize the true benefit of our product. Our product is tested everyday by every day people, and when they do they are besides themselves on how well the product works.

So again, we ask, have you tried our product. We have no problem with your opinion, but before you dismiss our product out right, we rather you try it and speak from personal experience. We have won awards on our product. And generally Porsche owners overwhelmingly enjoy the benefits.

Even when our Sprint Booster was being reviewed for the SEMA award. If you read closely it happens that the review was conducted on a Porsche.

Again, we invite you and everyone else to try our product. And then report back what you like, or what you didnt like. We listen to our customer's feedback so we can always improve our product and the technology that we have brought to the market.
As I understand it, with the sprintbooster, when you are at 80% of pedal travel, you are in fact at 100% open throttle. Why did you design this amplifier to essentially cut out the last 20% of the throttle movement? Why not design in in a nonlinear fashion? What I liked on the M3 was that the Sport button made the throttle more sensitive in roughly the first 50% of travel and then tapered it off in the last 50% of travel. Even with the Sport mode on, 100% open throttle was reached at 100% pedal deflection. The throttle was nonlinear on the M3 with the Sport mode on. It did not however make the last 20% of pedal travel nonfuctional. This makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense is why your product cuts out the last 20% of padal travel. Is it because the amplifier is just simply boosting the pedal signal in a linear way? I would really like to know as I was considering buying you product but do not like the idea described above. Thanks......

Last edited by pwdrhound; 09-08-2010 at 02:13 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:37 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vv23
Here's the part from Suncoast Porsche in Flordia:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...de=performance

Pretty good price--its worth every penny!

went to porsche and spoke with the techs, $50 bucks cash out the door, dont buy new, so many p car guys have them replaced with SSK's and leave the stock unit there.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnselli
As I understand it, with the sprintbooster, when you are at 80% of pedal travel, you are in fact at 100% open throttle. Why did you design this amplifier to essentially cut out the last 20% of the throttle movement? Why not design in in a nonlinear fashion? What I liked on the M3 was that the Sport button made the throttle more sensitive in roughly the first 50% of travel and then tapered it off in the last 50% of travel. Even with the Sport mode on, 100% open throttle was reached at 100% pedal deflection. The throttle was nonlinear on the M3 with the Sport mode on. It did not however make the last 20% of pedal travel nonfuctional. This makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense is why your product cuts out the last 20% of padal travel. Is it because the amplifier is just simply boosting the pedal signal in a linear way? I would really like to know as I was considering buying you product but do not like the idea described above. Thanks......
are you speaking from experience? Do or did you have one?

Old 09-08-2010, 11:01 AM
eMacPaul is infamous around these parts
This was posted on AZ in a thread about Sprint Booster: http://www.peony888.com/VS/SprintBooster.pdf

This was an analysis conducted in 2007.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor
SprintBooster is infamous around these parts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Just installed sprint booster and 997 shifter - Review