996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just installed sprint booster and 997 shifter - Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 12:29 PM
vv23 has a spectacular aura aboutvv23 has a spectacular aura about
Just installed sprint booster and 997 shifter - Review

So yesterday I installed a sprint booster and 997 shifter in my 996 Turbo. All I can say is they're probably near the top of the list in terms of valuable mods.

997 Shifter- This shifter is shorter throw than stock without being too short and notchy. The shifts are very firm and precise. There's absolutely no slack in it whatsoever. It just feels really good to drive with this shifter- makes you want to keep shifting. I have a 997 shift **** installed as well (which I feel is also a must compared to the 996 shift ****. Just feels so much newer and better to hold)

Sprint Booster- This has three settings: off, sport and race. I've mostly been driving with race. This thing's amazing! The car literally jolts forward from stop and the Turbos max boost is reached as soon as they start spooiling. Don't ask the logistics behind it cause I have no idea why- but with it off the car's boost builds up to .7-.8 as you're reaching 6k RPM. I've been consistently hitting .9 with this sprint booster on at around 4k rpm. I even hit 1.1 bar once (stock car, only updated diverter valves). This just makes the car that much more alive. I have a BMW E46 M3, and for anyone that's driven a BMW with a sport button, its basically the same feeling. Only with much stronger turbo pull.

I highly recommend both these mods

Old 09-05-2010, 02:55 PM
griggsat is infamous around these parts
Great info! Wishing I had tried the 997 Short shift before I did mine. Oh well.

Anyone have any experience with the sprint booster after having a flash?

Old 09-05-2010, 03:38 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vv23

. I've been consistently hitting .9 with this sprint booster on at around 4k rpm. I even hit 1.1 bar once (stock car, only updated diverter valves).
Get the Flash from reputable tuner. Boost 1.1-1.2 bar all day long.
Glad you like 997 short shift. I have the same. Love it.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:44 PM
My car initially came with a B&M short shift installed- I hated it. The shifts were too short and tough to move around. This 997 shifter is the perfect amount of resistance/ travel/ useability.

The sprint booster makes the car so alive!!! It just begs to rev now. Seriously with it off, the car feels sluggish now. Lol

Even if you have a flash, i'd look into the sprint booster. It'll just make the engine come even more alive.

Gonna look into flash prob later on. Got a GT2 bumper coming so preety excited. Just want to buy a roof spoiler and my exterior mods are done!

Old 09-05-2010, 04:18 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Good mods and info.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:27 PM
coastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant future
Good review of the 997 shifter. I'm interested in going that route soon.

Increased boost from a Sprint booster? That's a first that I've heard! I've always thought of them of as a bit of a gimmick. The way I've heard it described is that it acts like signal multiplier. It increases the throttle input signal so that it approaches 100% sooner with less input from the accelerator. I didn't think that it had the ability to deliver >100% of the allowed range.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:43 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
Originally Posted by coastalb55

Increased boost from a Sprint booster? That's a first that I've heard! I've always thought of them of as a bit of a gimmick. The way I've heard it described is that it acts like signal multiplier. It increases the throttle input signal so that it approaches 100% sooner with less input from the accelerator. I didn't think that it had the ability to deliver >100% of the allowed range.
+1
I had a first edition sprintbooster ( only 1 setting) on my Saturn sky redline and I didn't like it because when you pushed down the throttle 1 cm it was the same like full throttle without a booster,not fun to drive at all.
All the sprintbooster does is increase the throttle input signal,it won't give you any extra pony's and your car won't be any faster.But a lot of people seem to like it

Old 09-06-2010, 09:11 AM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of

This is exactly how the sport button works in a BMW

Old 09-06-2010, 04:13 PM
If anything, it'll make the turbos spool much faster than stock. When they start going they push u back in ur seat much harder. As mentioned, I only saw 1.1 bar once. I'm nowhere near averaging it.

I'm sure there's others on the forums that can chime in with sprint boosters and their experiences. It does make the car feel more alive if anything.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Former Vendor
SprintBooster is infamous around these parts
Sprint Booster USA is pleased to see another happy customer.

Originally Posted by AlexN
This is exactly how the sport button works in a BMW
AlexN, there are misconceptions about how sprint booster functions. Some think it is just a simple amplification of a signal and that is the end of it. But Sprint Booster is much more advanced. The primary benefit to the Sprint Booster technology is that its circuitry constantly analysis user input, in this case the drivers foot on the pedal. It then attempts to anticipate the throttle response demanded by the driver and sends a modified signal to the ECU.

We spend countless man house configurating each Sprint Booster to provide the right type of response based on each application. Now that we have introduced a second generation unit that has two settings, we have refined the product to allow drivers to select the driving mode that best suits their driving style.

You must understand that if your throttle input is in the right place at the right time, you will be beside yourself on how well the car responds. Its not uncommon for us to hear from our customers that their car feels completely different (but in a good way) It is truely amazing to drive a modern car with zero throttle lag.

Last edited by SprintBooster; 09-07-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:04 PM
willieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the rough
I posted a thread recently about the B&M SSK and felt after the replies that the 997SSK would be the way to go. Now I'm totally convinced. What should this cost me? I will not do it myself. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Here's the part from Suncoast Porsche in Flordia:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...de=performance

Pretty good price--its worth every penny!

Originally Posted by willieboy
I posted a thread recently about the B&M SSK and felt after the replies that the 997SSK would be the way to go. Now I'm totally convinced. What should this cost me? I will not do it myself. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Here's the part from Suncoast Porsche in Flordia:

Pretty good price--its worth every penny!
I don't believe that is the short shifter. I believe it is this:

Old 09-06-2010, 08:24 PM
The one I linked to is the one I installed. Just the regular 997 shifter- not the short throw one.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
The one I linked to is the one I installed. Just the regular 997 shifter- not the short throw one.
Got it - I was just referring to Willieboy's quote where he asked the cost of the 997 SSK.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Just installed sprint booster and 997 shifter - Review