996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Built and installed my own gt2 mod kit with instructions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:23 PM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
Just ordering all the required parts so much cheaper to do it this way even in australia

Thanks for a wicked post

Old 04-30-2012, 10:04 PM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Any update from others using the stock length/Orginal salve rod?

Old 04-30-2012, 10:29 PM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
I have just ordered both I will post results once I have them fitted after I return home from my trip in a few weeks time

Old 05-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Dr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by awdbiturbo1
How did you get the boot to fit the gt2 slave? I want to fit a cylindrical piece of aluminium into teh base of the slave where the rod comes out from then zip tie it to that. how did you do yours?

Btw i know dr jekyll is on quattro world but Vagscum how do you know Jason lol
I didn't attach the boot to the actual slave, I just attached the boot to the slave rod. The boot is big enough so the rod wont be able to fall into the bell housing. But it's not actually attached the slave.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:59 PM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
When I wrote this I used the turbos original push rod(as per the post) and it still works, and for me perfectly in terms of engagement point.
I daily drive my car and it's the stock clutch and pressure plate.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:58 AM
ek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud of
I ordered parts from pelican parts. The slave cylinder failed and left me on the side of the road last night.

Gonna get a genuine Porsche one put in this time I think.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:09 AM
You need to buy the longer slave rod from dgreen78 for the conversion to work properly, slaves sold by pelican are same as oem.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:15 AM
ek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by timccloud
You need to buy the longer slave rod from dgreen78 for the conversion to work properly, slaves sold by pelican are same as oem.
You're right.

My tech just called and told me the slave is fine. And the pushrod is too short. I bought my braket from dgreen78. I don't know why he didn't sell me a pushrod too.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:48 AM
pleased I could help

Clutch engagement will be back up top of the peddle travel but at least you will have a lot more feel.

Im assuming you have a high torque clutch mind you unsure what it would be like with a stock clutch.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Apparently dgreen doesn't sell Rods anymore.

I like the feel of the stock rod. But I need something that I can drive my car....

Any suggestions where I can get a longer one?

Old 05-08-2012, 10:11 AM
um yes he does I bought one from him last week unless it was his last one ??

Otherwise get the Specs from Don and get one made up by a Machine Shop.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Donkey
Hello,

Does anyone know if dgreen78 is still selling these? I'm very interested in the conversion but I cannot email this gentleman because of my low post count.

Thanks.
Can you pm me his email or phone number?

I can get my shop to fab one up. I just need the specs.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:36 PM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
You could do it yourself when you get the length measurement, just buy some round bar the right diameter cut to length, grind off the burs, round the end, even dremel a mushroom cap in the end to help hold it in the slave.
But again with the stock clutch setup reusing the turbos oem slave rod works perfectly.

Last edited by gearhead; 05-08-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
For anyone interested in avoiding this type of drama and multiple sourcing...The GT2 clutch conversion kits that we sell come with the slave rod modified to the proper length. It's a one stop shop with everything required for the conversion in one package.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 05-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by gearhead
You could do it yourself when you get the length measurement, just buy some round bar the right diameter cut to length, grind off the burs, round the end, even dremel a mushroom cap in the end to help hold it in the slave.
But again with the stock clutch setup reusing the turbos oem slave rod works perfectly.

I intend to get one made once I get a hold of Dgreen to get some meassurements. Unless he overnights one to me.

Gearhead states that it worked great for his stock clutch setup. However, I would like to warn people that the stock turbo push rod DID NOT WORK FOR ME. It left me stranded on the side of the road last night. Good stuff.

I have a clutchmaster stage 3 with stock DMFW.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Built and installed my own gt2 mod kit with instructions