996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

reflash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Screamin911 has a spectacular aura aboutScreamin911 has a spectacular aura about
Epl!

Old 09-11-2010, 10:35 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Instead of listening to fanboys, how about some concrete advice on how to manage YOUR car and YOUR situation?

Who will be doing your troubleshooting and maintenance?

Are you a DIY er? (Sounds like no if you cannot do a simple flash in you garage)

I would pick the flash that YOUR LOCAL TUNER is the most comfortable with.... if issues arise and they've made their money off of the tune they sold, they have more of a vested interest in fixing it.

Find a tuner/mechanic...THEN find the flash.

IMO

A

Old 09-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
I have EPL also and they provided me a map specific to my elevation and available gas. My car runs so much smoother in every gear. Ideally you get a tune that is capable of data logging so you can send files back and forth to your tuner to adjust as needed. I think EPL has something like this in the works also. With that ability there is less of a need to actually bring your car to a specific shop. In my situation it would realistically be the only option as there are no shops around here at 6500 feet. Having my car tuned at sea level really wouldn't provide a realistic view of how the car performs at elevation.

Not a fanboi, just a happy customer.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:28 PM
willieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ard
Instead of listening to fanboys, how about some concrete advice on how to manage YOUR car and YOUR situation?

Who will be doing your troubleshooting and maintenance?

Are you a DIY er? (Sounds like no if you cannot do a simple flash in you garage)

I would pick the flash that YOUR LOCAL TUNER is the most comfortable with.... if issues arise and they've made their money off of the tune they sold, they have more of a vested interest in fixing it.

Find a tuner/mechanic...THEN find the flash.

IMO

A
I agree completely. It really depends on your level of comfort as to working on your car yourself or having your Indy do your work. I'm trying to learn but always go to my Indy for advice and guidance. I decided to go my direction after reading many posts on 6speedonline and listening to the experts. I'm a rookie to say the least. I am very pleased with the results of the EPL flash and enjoyed doing it myself. The support given from their team was awesome. Yes, I'm a fan but there are many good companies available to you and getting your Indy’s opinion is good idea for sure. Let us know what direction you go and how you like it once installed. Have fun!

Old 09-11-2010, 01:02 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
I should clarify. I am a fanboy too...

But I don't presuppose that what works for me will work for everyone. When you look at the guys that choose UMW, there is an interesting common thread within the personalities of those owners. IMO. What defines a Switzer fan, or EPL, or Vivid/softronic fan??.... kind of interesting to see how people fall into their own decisions.

My point is that a flash is not a 'part', it is more of a relationship...

A

Old 09-11-2010, 01:11 PM
dark.angel is infamous around these parts
Just FYI, vivid is doing special for softronic
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2973356