996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Looking to Supercharge C4S- cost?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I understand and respect your opinion and choice. It IS your car and I can definitely understand the attraction of a lightweight, torquey, RWD 911. That might be even better than a GT3 in everyday driving and it probably is!

Please understand that I am only expresing my opinion. I go through cars pretty regularly because I like cars. Every car has something to offer that others don't. Knowing that in 2-3 years (sometimes less) I will be lusting after the next car to have, resale value is important to me. I can appreciate that it may not be to you and definitely aren't knocking your choice.

Finally, by calling your car "bastardized" I was only referring to the general public's view of such a highly modified car and it's resale value. Nothing more.

Hell, I would love to take a ride in that crazy 420HP beast!

Old 02-23-2005, 08:44 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC is infamous around these partsRobynC is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ari
I understand and respect your opinion and choice. It IS your car and I can definitely understand the attraction of a lightweight, torquey, RWD 911. That might be even better than a GT3 in everyday driving and it probably is!

Please understand that I am only expresing my opinion. I go through cars pretty regularly because I like cars. Every car has something to offer that others don't. Knowing that in 2-3 years (sometimes less) I will be lusting after the next car to have, resale value is important to me. I can appreciate that it may not be to you and definitely aren't knocking your choice.

Finally, by calling your car "bastardized" I was only referring to the general public's view of such a highly modified car and it's resale value. Nothing more.

Hell, I would love to take a ride in that crazy 420HP beast!
Cool...I do understand where you are coming from. But, trust me, I bet anyone looking to do or has done this to their car already has definitely weighed this heavily. And knowing that I am going to be keeping my car for at least two more years...made the decision even easier. However, it was not without my own second thoughts...I assure you.

Oh...and it's 470 hun

Old 02-23-2005, 09:05 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I love it when Robyn puts the smack down!!!

Old 02-23-2005, 09:06 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ben, lj
with all due respect, many don't like porky AWDs w/ less feeling than a nibbler c2
tell me about it man... I pulled out 380 pounds and it's still a heavy bastard

Old 02-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Cool! BTW Yellow is my first choice!

Old 02-23-2005, 10:04 PM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
So has anyone besides Evo put a SC'ed 996 C2 on a dyno? Also, does the GIAC software include both a 91 and a 100 file?

Old 02-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Porsche Chick
Originally posted by GoWide
So has anyone besides Evo put a SC'ed 996 C2 on a dyno? Also, does the GIAC software include both a 91 and a 100 file?
I will be doing so in the next two weeks.

Old 02-23-2005, 10:43 PM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
Cool, would love to meet up with you SC'ed people and get a ride or do some runs - I'd consider switching to a SC'ed 996...

Maybe I'll organize a small meet for any interested Bay Area people to tide us over until the big meet in April...

Old 02-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Porsche Chick
Cool, would love to meet up with you SC'ed people and get a ride or do some runs - I'd consider switching to a SC'ed 996...

Maybe I'll organize a small meet for any interested Bay Area people to tide us over until the big meet in April...
I'm game, I'm sure quite a few others would as well. It would be great to have a Blowfish event again. Early March? The 5th?

Old 02-24-2005, 01:41 AM
Fanman is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by RobynC
However, it was not without my own second thoughts...I assure you.
I would say about 15,000 second thoughts (price of SC, installation, etc.). Tough to lay that kind've money out, even with the large hp gain. Not to mention are you going to beef up the clutch ? That is another couple thousand $ right there.

Old 02-24-2005, 05:06 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
yes, lots of people have. i'd post the ones from mine but they were on my drive that crashed and none of the data was recoverable.

mine didn't have a 91/100 choice - only 91.

Old 02-24-2005, 09:00 AM
Porsche Chick
Originally posted by Fanman
I would say about 15,000 second thoughts (price of SC, installation, etc.). Tough to lay that kind've money out, even with the large hp gain. Not to mention are you going to beef up the clutch ? That is another couple thousand $ right there.
Well, it was between a Rolex...and the SC. Obviously, we see which won out. Clutch is fine for the moment, when it is time to change, I will go with the Stage 2.