996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evo Viii Versus 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 12:07 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by TheJunglist
Evo and an STi are the best handling performance cars for the value.
Hard to argue with that....

Old 03-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Jeebus is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by quartermile
The best 4 banger supercharged VALUE on the market has to be a German car --- the C230K. For $30K you get ten times any jap car will ever be in terms of safety, style, and performance AND you CAN take it to the country club. One of these days I'll bring my C230K to the track and spank Porsches with it ... so it proves what? Sorry to say but most Porsche drivers suck!! How did the EVO do at the ring with 1000hp, etc. ... wait it never did ... because it blew up on the tenth lap!

Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo are the only true sports cars remaining on the planet. They are fast, beautiful, and powerful. Everythig else is wannbe, cheap Xerox copies or worse and intended for some other use than being a true sports car. People tune them because they are seemingly diposable, just like the people that drive them.
Proves the point that money cant buy intelligence.

Old 03-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Bogie is infamous around these parts
Look, we can get along!! Check out my wife, in the Evo, with the PCA-Chicago, last August at GingerMan Raceway. This event is always a blast; we always meet great people at this--and other-- PCA events. But, let's be frank, some of us need to take ourselves--and our cars--less seriously.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Bogie; 03-22-2005 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:08 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by quartermile
The best 4 banger supercharged VALUE on the market has to be a German car --- the C230K. For $30K you get ten times any jap car will ever be in terms of safety, style, and performance AND you CAN take it to the country club. One of these days I'll bring my C230K to the track and spank Porsches with it ... so it proves what? Sorry to say but most Porsche drivers suck!! How did the EVO do at the ring with 1000hp, etc. ... wait it never did ... because it blew up on the tenth lap!

Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo are the only true sports cars remaining on the planet. They are fast, beautiful, and powerful. Everythig else is wannbe, cheap Xerox copies or worse and intended for some other use than being a true sports car. People tune them because they are seemingly diposable, just like the people that drive them.
C230K

that was a joke right? :rofl:

Old 03-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Here's another pic. Can you honestly tell me that the Evo is uglier than that purple thing behind it?

Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2005, 01:35 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Bogie
Here's another pic. Can you honestly tell me that the Evo is uglier than that purple thing behind it?
Yes. IMO, the evo doesn't look very nice, but it's a good dollar/performance value, no argument from me. The 914 racecar, on the other hand...I've seen some damned nice examples (purple paint notwithstanding), and you can't argue that they are also a good dollar/performance value. I watched a beautiful seriously-built 914 toying with Cup cars, factory Viper Comp Coupes, etc at Willow Springs, turning 1:22's. There are few rally-rooted performance cars that have the sexy design and aesthetic allure of a Porsche...save for the Porsche rally cars of course!

Old 03-22-2005, 01:48 PM
914s I have always liked, the jury is out on the "slant-nosed."

Old 03-22-2005, 02:08 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
914s I have always liked, the jury is out on the "slant-nosed."
Geez, you're right! I glanced at the pic quickly and mistook that car for a GT-bodied 914! Oops.

Old 03-22-2005, 02:58 PM
werksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Super D
Geez, you're right! I glanced at the pic quickly and mistook that car for a GT-bodied 914! Oops.

that's better....

I was going to say, that RED 914 sure doesn't look like a *racecar*.

Scott

Old 03-23-2005, 12:13 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
i was at Ginergeman track with Fox valley motorcars as a sponsor of the track day- I had my modded TT wich was one of the "low end cars" besides the F550s, diablos, astons, f40, f-50, and a #33 race ferrari ( forgot the model but goes for 1.2 million). anyway- there was a ricer (wrx- sti) and it was god dammmm very fast... vey fast... most of the ferraris couldnt keep up..
just my 2 cents worth.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-23-2005, 12:20 AM
gt2next is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by MARKSKI
i was at Ginergeman track with Fox valley motorcars as a sponsor of the track day- I had my modded TT wich was one of the "low end cars" besides the F550s, diablos, astons, f40, f-50, and a #33 race ferrari ( forgot the model but goes for 1.2 million). anyway- there was a ricer (wrx- sti) and it was god dammmm very fast... vey fast... most of the ferraris couldnt keep up..
just my 2 cents worth.
as always, it's all driver. i had been to willow many years ago when the z3 1st came out and rented one (4 cyl) and walked all over every porsche, lambo and ferrari out there. (got the full collision waver, of course!) i am not claiming to be the best driver in the world, or even competitive in any race situation, but think that most (read "most") people who buy these expensive street cars think that just b/c they are buying an expensive italian or german street car that they should be quicker than any "ricer" out there. think again. money does not make up for natural talent...ever.
the underdog always getsthe root from me!

Old 03-23-2005, 12:28 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Originally posted by werksracer
that's better....

I was going to say, that RED 914 sure doesn't look like a *racecar*.

Scott
Hey, what can I say, I fell on my head alot as a child and my eyes go all googly once in awhile...and then there's that playing with yourself thing...

Old 03-23-2005, 12:58 AM
Hey, what can I say, I fell on my head alot as a child and my eyes go all googly once in awhile...and then there's that playing with yourself thing...

I know what you mean. Do you have hair on your palms too?

Old 03-23-2005, 09:07 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
I know what you mean. Do you have hair on your palms too?
I think so, but I'm not sure, I can't see!

Old 03-23-2005, 09:56 AM
I think so, but I'm not sure, I can't see!
Nicely played!! I (ahem) handed you the ball, and you ran with it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evo Viii Versus 996tt