996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evo Viii Versus 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 05:37 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by paneraiwatches
Your comparison is like a super hot sexy girl vs. some ugly girl. Sure both get the job done but who do you want to wake up to in the AM. Get the point. Sure the evo might be fast and easy but so is the ugly girl!! LOL Look at both next to each other it's a no brainer!!
I think this is strictly a performance discussion. No one would deny they'd rather have a 996TT then an evo.

Old 02-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
No matter how fast it is, it still looks ricey. What an impression that car would give at the local country club or a luncheon meeting at the Peninsula or Four Seasons!

Besides, it's all a money thing. EVO is a great bargain, but if cost is not much of an object, why buy it?

It's like saying Charles Shaw wine (2 buck chuck) is a great value... well, for $2 it's phenomenal, but as a policy I don't buy $2 wine. Sorry if that sounds snobby.

Old 02-21-2005, 05:57 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
shiggins is infamous around these parts
I am pretty sure that the original poster was asking about track use. For the second time, who the hell cares how pretty you look at the track. For many people money is an object and they would be more comfortable pushing an evo to it's limits on a track than a car which cost 3-4 times as much.

Old 02-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Porsche Fiend
Like I said, Radical SR3 Turbo. Will spank damn near any road car except for dedicated race cars. They even offer an arrive and drive program!

Personally, if I was going to spend the money for a dedicated race car, it would be a Cup car or a GT3-RSR and let someone like 911 Design maintain it, since they have a complete crew.

Old 02-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
say, can I drive that radical to the track? Like I said, for some people money is a factor.

Old 02-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Porsche Fiend
In England they are road legal (not that I'd ever drive it on the street)... but that's why I mentioned "ARRIVE AND DRIVE" for the Radicals but most people with "dedicated" track cars trailer them anyways... don't they? Or do you end up driving on the freeway with your Hoosier slicks?

Last edited by Hamann7; 02-21-2005 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:06 PM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Hamann7
No matter how fast it is, it still looks ricey. What an impression that car would give at the local country club or a luncheon meeting at the Peninsula or Four Seasons!

Besides, it's all a money thing. EVO is a great bargain, but if cost is not much of an object, why buy it?

It's like saying Charles Shaw wine (2 buck chuck) is a great value... well, for $2 it's phenomenal, but as a policy I don't buy $2 wine. Sorry if that sounds snobby.
This is why Porsche were able to sell all those GT2s at $180k+ a pop. Just because something has a high price tag doesn't make it worth it and visa versa.

The EVO is damn ugly, no doubt, but handles like a car costing twice it's price.

Nobody flushes their toilet with Evian.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:33 PM
flatsixnut is infamous around these parts
Perhaps this is one reason I dont hang out in these forums much anymore....Porsche forums are for Porsche related topics.

I am sure there are plenty of import tuner forums where your evo topics would feel right at home.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
This is a porsche related topic. Many porsche tuners are deciding to turn their efforts towards the EVO, discuss. I don't see a problem with that. However, it could be considered to be in the wrong area of the forum, however, so are 75% of the posts on this forum, it is moderated pretty poorly.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Im awaitng on my evo8 build out... 600 Hp to the wheels running 10.5's on radial tires( with race gas). Go to www.devotuning.com to check out the videos. My friends evo ( the builder) kicks my *** at the track- but my TT is awesome and not replacable, I just need a daily driver. for 12K I got a fully rebuilt engine, all the turbo goodies,piping, intercoolers, an autronic stand alone ECU, rebuilt tranny with shorter gears, a dual mass custom clutch. These cars rock... I should have mine in a few weeks...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
No doubt the EVO is a beast even in stock form however like many said looks wise if you dont dig the "ricer" look and have the extra $$ then get GT3 or other. Then again many such as PaulS and Sharky have all the bases covered and dig there EVO's truth be told I would track the EBO before my 100k+ GT3 or GT2, no depression if I crash the EVO!

Old 02-21-2005, 08:09 PM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
Originally posted by MARKSKI
Im awaitng on my evo8 build out... 600 Hp to the wheels running 10.5's on radial tires( with race gas). Go to www.devotuning.com to check out the videos. My friends evo ( the builder) kicks my *** at the track- but my TT is awesome and not replacable, I just need a daily driver. for 12K I got a fully rebuilt engine, all the turbo goodies,piping, intercoolers, an autronic stand alone ECU, rebuilt tranny with shorter gears, a dual mass custom clutch. These cars rock... I should have mine in a few weeks...
9.5 @147.....I'm guessing this is not a daily driver?

Old 02-21-2005, 08:24 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally posted by shiggins
This is a porsche related topic. Many porsche tuners are deciding to turn their efforts towards the EVO, discuss. I don't see a problem with that. However, it could be considered to be in the wrong area of the forum, however, so are 75% of the posts on this forum, it is moderated pretty poorly.
Please name the many porsche tuners. This thread is 3 pages long and so far not a single name has been dropped, who are you talking about?

Old 02-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Paul S is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by MetalSolid
The EVO is damn ugly, no doubt, but handles like a car costing twice it's price.
It didn't handle like that before the sway bar and a visit to Lucent's alignment rack.
Btw, congratulations!

Old 02-21-2005, 09:14 PM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Paul S
It didn't handle like that before the sway bar and a visit to Lucent's alignment rack.
Oh, now you tell me?!

All I can say is,'Arling made me do it!'.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evo Viii Versus 996tt