996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evo Viii Versus 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 11:45 AM
New Me
Terry is infamous around these parts
Talking

Craig as evidenced by your repsonses and timing of your posts your no more than the mouthpiece of SG since they aren't posting so we'll take your input at face value too. Many of the posts/responses on this thread have been informative and useful to those viewing. So get back on the phone with SG and debate some more and then re-post with their response. Thanks again..

Old 02-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Terry
Craig as evidenced by your repsonses and timing of your posts your no more than the mouthpiece of SG since they aren't posting so we'll take your input at face value too. Many of the posts/responses on this thread have been informative and useful to those viewing. So get back on the phone with SG and debate some more and then re-post with their response. Thanks again..
As expected, not a single fact to back up your claim. Instead, you attempt to disparage me simply because I am a SG customer -- a fact I openly disclosed. In contrast, I backed up my statements with facts and those facts clearly demonstrate that you have a transparent agenda.

Here are some more facts: SG had no involvement whatsoever in my post. I was aware of the owner's new Evo from my last visit to the shop.

AFTER I made my post, I called Speed Gallery inquiring about Terry, and I learned the following additional information. Terry apparently posted one or more additional posts on 6speedonline extremely critical of SG, then deleted those posts a short time later. The Mods are aware of Terry's antics.

Now Terry, instead of criticizing me, respond to the facts I have posted:

Why did you refer to SG as “Fab Gallery†in your very first 6speedonline post?

Why did you post that SG has switched from Porsche tuning to Evo tuning? What facts are you aware of to support this conclusion.

Why did you post other criticism of SG, then delete the posts a short time later?

Why are so many of your posts directed at SG?

What did SG do to you to engender the ill will displayed in your posts?

Lets discuss facts Terry.

Craig

Old 02-22-2005, 12:17 PM
New Me
Question

On a much lighter note, anybody know why there has been so much more interest in the EVO than the WRX STi, they look nearly equal on paper but I don't see as much publicity about the Sube.

Old 02-22-2005, 12:31 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Terry
On a much lighter note, anybody know why there has been so much more interest in the EVO than the WRX STi, they look nearly equal on paper but I don't see as much publicity about the Sube.

the STi is more refined as a daily driver then the EVO, and the STi cost a little bit more to modify and isn't as bullet proof.

I see a good mix of talk about both however

Old 02-22-2005, 12:40 PM
New Me
Question

Originally posted by Craig
As expected, not a single fact to back up your claim. Instead, you attempt to disparage me simply because I am a SG customer -- a fact I openly disclosed. In contrast, I backed up my statements with facts and those facts clearly demonstrate that you have a transparent agenda.

Here are some more facts: SG had no involvement whatsoever in my post. I was aware of the owner's new Evo from my last visit to the shop.

AFTER I made my post, I called Speed Gallery inquiring about Terry, and I learned the following additional information. Terry apparently posted one or more additional posts on 6speedonline extremely critical of SG, then deleted those posts a short time later. The Mods are aware of Terry's antics.

Now Terry, instead of criticizing me, respond to the facts I have posted:

Why did you refer to SG as “Fab Gallery†in your very first 6speedonline post?

Why did you post that SG has switched from Porsche tuning to Evo tuning? What facts are you aware of to support this conclusion.

Why did you post other criticism of SG, then delete the posts a short time later?

Why are so many of your posts directed at SG?

What did SG do to you to engender the ill will displayed in your posts?

Lets discuss facts Terry.

Craig

Let's see, Craig, you wait about 10 minutes to post, confer with Allan and then post and then suprisingly within 30 seconds the Allan@SpeedG name pops up like magic every time, right after you post.

Do you really think that we're that slow first off??
Use all the big words you want but you are not fooling anybody on the forum, please, think about it.

Second, why are you so defensive of them, sure you are a good customer, are you the only SG customer online?
A little too suspicious I think.

If you don't work for SG guess what, you should, great Marketing person I think.

As far as my stating that certain tuners north of LA are switching to EVO's, I never said SG, you just looked at another of my posts and ran with it, right?

I never said SG, you did, read the posts again. I guess SG is the only tuner north of LA right?

As far as addressing any issues with any tuner/shop I have I certainly wouldn't address you, who are you the Forum Dictator.

You sound like you are the voice of SG Craig, seriously..

A little too defensive for being, 'a customer'..

You want to send me a PM instead of cluttering this thread with banter then go ahead.

Unless you own SG now(who knows) stop acting like you do.

I think they have a voice also, besides your of course..

Anyway I'm done with SG thing here as I never mentioned them in this thread Craig, you did..

Now call them and disscuss further!!

Old 02-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Once again Terry, not a single FACT to back up anything you have to say. Instead, you simply denigrate me, as though that is an effective means to support your position.

The fact that I am a SG customer does not support any of your derogatory comments about SG. Given that SG is just north of downtown LA and the owner of SG just purchased and modified an Evo, the unnamed tuner you referred to was obviously SG and your suggestion to the contrary is disingenuous (if I am wrong, post the name of the tuner).

As far as Allan logging onto 6speedonline, I called him AFTER I posted to inquire about you and I told him about the thread (I disclosed all of this in my prior post). No prior consultation, as you wrongly suggested. Its not surprising that Allan promptly logged on to read it himself. I am friendly with the guys at SG – a fact I freely disclosed. However, as stated above, that fact does not support any of your claims.

Terry, I invited you to support your accusations about SG with facts. You declined and, instead, simply attacked me. You have plainly demonstrated that your claims are unsupported by the facts and your primary goal is to spread baseless accusations.

No need for you to respond to this post and further attack me simply because I am a SG customer. You have already made that point repeatedly, to no avail.

Craig

Ps: I am reasonably confident that I know the source of your ill will regarding SG, but I will take the high road and not publicly discuss your private life. If my suspicion is correct, all I have to say is thank you (I mean that sincerely).

Old 02-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Banned
BigJay is infamous around these parts
Question

Ok it's official, WE CAN"T JUST GET ALONG!!!!

what happened to the evo talk and stuff

Old 02-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by MetalSolid
This is why Porsche were able to sell all those GT2s at $180k+ a pop. Just because something has a high price tag doesn't make it worth it and visa versa.

The EVO is damn ugly, no doubt, but handles like a car costing twice it's price.

Nobody flushes their toilet with Evian.
Yes, but you also think a GT3 is overpriced as well, and you bought one anyway. I know how much you like to give me **** about the GT2, but if you drove one enough you would love it.

It all depends on how you look at it. Pricing is all relative. If you think about the fact that an EVO is based on a $14,000 econo ****box, is it really that much of a bargain relative to what it is? Does that make every car way overpriced, since you can buy a really fast motorcycle like a Honda CBR-1000 or Suzuki GSX-R1000 that will outrun most supercars?

I bet if Honda made a $30,000 Civic it would be one really fast car too.

One of the main factors to consider is that the 911 is among other things, a much more rigid chassis which was designed with a lot more emphasis towards safety than the Japanese cars. Ever seen a Lancer in a crash? It's like night and day. Unless you put a fully welded rollcage into a Lancer EVO, I would be more scared to stuff it into a wall than a 911. One's safety and life is a bit more valuable than dollars, I think.

But I am curious, Noel, how does the ricemobile compare to the GT3 going up Stunt?

Old 02-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Banned
The GT3's are now selling for 90K or so, this is a steal compared to a new 997S for the same or more money, if you wanto track the car too. The GT2's at 185K+ might be too much but Hamann is right, they're quite the car compared to the TT especially on the track. Now at 130K or so used they're a bargain.

Old 02-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Banned
Question

How many have driven modded 996TT's and GT2's also on the same track before. Just curious if there is that big of a difference in lap times between a modded 996TT and a modded GT2 with roughly the same hp and tire/wheel set-up?

Old 02-22-2005, 04:09 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
That is difficult to say. Look at the results from High Roller Shootout a few months ago... the GT2's were able to post better lap times than modded Turbos with much, much more power. PSS-9's do not make a GT2 competitor, simple as that.

Old 02-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Banned
Red face

Yeah, I guess ultimately it probably boils down the driver and the track.

Old 02-22-2005, 09:53 PM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
All 996s were overpriced. The GT2, used, is the supercar steal of the decade. I love the GT2 - love the GT3 more.

The 356 was also based on a ****box, the Beetle; the 911 is based on the 356. Britney Spears is based on an amoeba. The GT2 shares more than a few genes with that $30,000 Boxster. So, putting it that way the EVO is a much better bargain.

I think the original point is getting lost, and that is the EVO is a great car in it's own right. It's no CGT, GT3, GT2 or TT but it could embarrass the rest.

EVO is faster up Stunt, right now.

Originally posted by Hamann7
Yes, but you also think a GT3 is overpriced as well, and you bought one anyway. I know how much you like to give me **** about the GT2, but if you drove one enough you would love it.

It all depends on how you look at it. Pricing is all relative. If you think about the fact that an EVO is based on a $14,000 econo ****box, is it really that much of a bargain relative to what it is?

Old 02-23-2005, 07:30 AM
New Me
Question

Originally posted by BigJay
How many have driven modded 996TT's and GT2's also on the same track before. Just curious if there is that big of a difference in lap times between a modded 996TT and a modded GT2 with roughly the same hp and tire/wheel set-up?
Now going back to the original thread topic, instead of the usual GT2/996TT comparision how about for those that own the EVO and 996TT comparing a 500hp EVO and a Stage 1 996TT with similar DOT's(Cups, Hoosiers, etc..)

Apples to Apples, same hp, both AWD, EVO weighs about the same as a GT2(3250?). I saw in R&T that the EVO a month or two ago did 120mph in the 1/4 mile so this would be very close to a Stage 1 TT. I think track times with the same driver would be within a second a lap..

Anybody track both cars yet??

Old 02-23-2005, 04:26 PM
New Me
Thanks for the constructive input Mike, sounds like you have tracked both vehicles and would know which is better for a paticular track. Sounds like having the EVO as a track car, in the absence of a Radical or Cup Car, isn't that bad when set-up correctly and can run similar times too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evo Viii Versus 996tt