996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evo Viii Versus 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by TheJunglist
I noticed that it's usually American Porsche owners who bash the Evo and Sti's, whereas the overseas Porsche owners have nothing but the utmost respect for them.

Evo's pieces of ****? I wouldn't call a car that has back to back WRC wins and a rich racing heritage a piece of ****.
I *wish I had an EVO* and I don't bash Subbies either.
However, the amount of shared parts between WRC cars
and from-the-dealer EVOs can probably fit in in your glove
compartment.

Joe

Old 03-18-2005, 02:58 PM
mowblowgo is infamous around these parts
Obviously, this thread got out of hand. Every one of us is an enthusiast and has the right to own and be proud of the cars that we consider cool.

Old 03-18-2005, 05:48 PM
osu s2k is infamous around these parts
does anyone know if sti's can get around the track as quick as the evos, i like the sti as a third car daily driver better, but am looking at an evo for track use.

Old 03-18-2005, 06:31 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
they are a tad slower around a track stock for stock

Old 03-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Jeebus is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by mowblowgo
This thread is a beauty...you pull into a restaurant, a parking spot...a stop light... you are in a Mitsubishi Evo IIIV OE X OR XII. 40 HP or 400 hp, lets realize the point. Can anybody here relate to this rediculous comparison? The stiching of the string that wraps my addidas sneaker beats the best chunk of plastic that breaks of the Mistsubishi. That is why they are going BK. Why is this thread even discussing rice burners? No offense to the high schoolers that put sub woofers and exhaust on these POS's from allowance dollars, buts let's not dilute the quality topics of true cars that usually brush this forum huh?
Your perception of thte Evos AWD is very skewed. It is full time AWD

Old 03-18-2005, 09:56 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by mowblowgo
Obviously, this thread got out of hand. Every one of us is an enthusiast and has the right to own and be proud of the cars that we consider cool.
Amen to that.

Old 03-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Former Vendor
Shiv has a spectacular aura aboutShiv has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Paul S
Stu, the Evo is extremely FUN to drive. That's why we drive great cars of all types right?
Shiv, good to see you here. Is that 996 NA or a turbo?
Hi Paul... It's an NA right now. Soon to be twin turbocharged with two GT25R turbochargers, an water/air intercooler, oversized injectors, fuel pump and XEDE. 425-450bhp in a rwd 2910lb car... whoohoo

-shiv

Old 03-19-2005, 12:39 AM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 20C4S
what car qualify the term ''piece of ****''? let's make a wishlist~

let me start:
02 Ford Mustang GT loaner...
No, there's a car even nastier, '96 Ford Mustang GT convertible loaner!

Old 03-19-2005, 06:40 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
<< Everythig else is wannbe, cheap Xerox copies or worse and intended for some other use than being a true sports car. People tune them because they are seemingly diposable, just like the people that drive them.>>

Wow is that an awful way to talk about people. Disposable! You are NOT that important let me tell you!

Get a life!

Old 03-19-2005, 09:27 AM
My87Targa is infamous around these parts
i like the STi better, my buddy has one and with turbo back exhaust, a thicker intercooler and a computer he runs like a 12.5 down the 1320. as for the evo, well they are nice but i dont care for them. we used to sell them at my dealership and i just wasnt too impressed.

Old 03-19-2005, 10:01 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Shiv@Vishnu
have to agree with you there...
C'mon 1/4mile, you really can't mean that????

Old 03-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally posted by quartermile
Sorry to say but most Porsche drivers suck!! How did the EVO do at the ring with 1000hp, etc. ... wait it never did ... because it blew up on the tenth lap!

Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo are the only true sports cars remaining on the planet. They are fast, beautiful, and powerful. Everythig else is wannbe, cheap Xerox copies or worse and intended for some other use than being a true sports car. People tune them because they are seemingly diposable, just like the people that drive them.
I had amodena 360, a 1999 roadster diablo, and currently on a 3rd turbo- however, i did purchase an Evo as well. All I can say that each car had its pluses and minuses... most of us respect each other on this board and i sense a some hostility from you- but I dont understand from what.
My evo is being buit right now--- full blown build out including engine work. I will have 600 rearwheel HP( proven) by my tuner. JUST FOR FUN. and I dont mind driving a ricer. as a matter of fact, I was scared to take my ferrari out cause i wasnt sure if i wouldnt get another "check engine" light standing at the light.. The same went for the diablo( oil leaks ....) those Italian "premadonnas" spent more time at the dealer on its back then on the road where they belong. I speak from experience. So i decided to by an EVO for a beater- put $12K for a full blown build out-(and thats nothing compared to the $60k in extras in my TT)... and not worry about blowing a head gasket ...
just my opinion.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 03-19-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:46 AM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
No hostility towards Evo guys at all! I have been on the track in these cars and they scare the schit out of me . It's like a Tin can fiited with wheels that might come off any second. Mitsu copied the suspension off a BMW, but forgot about safety.

WRC cars are not $30K cars ... they are built from ground up, full cages, Hans restraints, fuel cut offs etc. It's crash and burn otherwsie.

Old 03-19-2005, 11:06 AM
My87Targa is infamous around these parts
No hostility towards Evo guys at all! I have been on the track in these cars and they scare the schit out of me . It's like a Tin can fiited with wheels that might come off any second. Mitsu copied the suspension off a BMW, but forgot about safety.

WRC cars are not $30K cars ... they are built from ground up, full cages, Hans restraints, fuel cut offs etc. It's crash and burn otherwsie.

ignorence is bliss...just remember that.

Old 03-19-2005, 12:06 PM
TheJunglist is infamous around these parts

Copied the suspension off a BMW? Please shut up, you don't have a clue about what you are talking about.

You tried to compare a C230 to an Evo or STi. Apples to oranges, and in the end, a C230 is still a hairdresser baby Benz, while an Evo and an STi are the best handling performance cars for the value.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evo Viii Versus 996tt