996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SOCAL Santa Barbara Run on Saturday, February 26

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 11:43 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
SOCAL Santa Barbara Run on Saturday, February 26

6speeders:

We are still on for next Saturday, February 26th. Here is the general information and the updated list:

The plan is to have those that are interested meet at Crystal Cove at 7 AM on Saturday, February 26th. After an hour or so, we will start a caravan up to the LA area to pick anyone that does not make it to the meet at Lucent Motors (Arling's place). Once we've got everyone, we will distribute the directions and then start out on the run.

My goal is to meet in LA (Lucent) at around 9 AM. We then leave for the run to SB at 9:30 AM. Once we get to the SB area, we will stop for some lunch. You can bring your own or purchase some food from a local deli. We will then caravan over to a nice park for some relaxation and to take a look at the rides.

Staying over in SB is entirely optional. For those that do stay over, we can all meet up in Downtown SB for some dinner and after hours fun. Please feel free to bring the wives and significant others.

If you stay over, we can meet up for brunch and then do a run back down to LA.

Looking forward to this. I just hope the weather cooperates.

T

Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2005, 05:33 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Forecast looks good!

6speeders:

The weather forecast is looking great for Saturday. Partly cloudy and mid 60's.

Please see the post above for details on Saturday. If you plan on staying up in Santa Barbara Saturday night, let me know so we can plan on going out to dinner together (if you want).

If you plan on meeting at Crystal Cove, I will be there at 7 AM sharp. I won't park in the main area at CC...I will park off to the side we can set up our own area. After we check out the rides, we will depart for Lucent to pick up anyone who is not at CC.

Route will be dispersed on Saturday.

Should be pretty damn awesome!

T

Old 02-23-2005, 06:16 PM
SilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud of
See you at lucent!
am putting in some race gas today finally.
no harm filling the whole tank with that stuff, right?
(arling, how do i get there from the 405 again?)

Old 02-23-2005, 06:28 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
i cant go car isnt done yet... im blaming the rain...

ill just probabaly meet you guys at crystal cove ill be rolling with wife's audi a4

Old 02-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by 02barebones996
i cant go car isnt done yet... im blaming the rain...

ill just probabaly meet you guys at crystal cove ill be rolling with wife's audi a4
Joe:

Take the A4 on the run!

T

Old 02-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Hotels...

Hey Guys:

I'm going to be staying at the Fess Parkers Doubletree Resort Santa Barbara. Most of the hotels in SB are sold out! The Doubletree is walking distance to State Street (did not want to stay at Bacara because it is too far away).

Rate is $304 a night. That's pretty much the best you will find at this point. The hotel is right on the beach.

If anyone else is staying over, please let me know so we can hook up for dinner.

See you guys Saturday!

T

Old 02-24-2005, 05:11 PM
4carl is infamous around these parts
Smart move stay as close to downtown as possable. carl

Old 02-25-2005, 10:09 AM
UPDATED LIST

Countdown...here is the most current list. If you are not on the list, no problem. If you are up for the run, just show up at either Crystal Cove or Lucent Motors at the specified times.

T

Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2005, 10:15 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
sorry t take me off the sb run list.. i got soem stuff i need to atend to saturday afternoon...

but ill be at cc with you guys and most likely drive up w/ the caravan all the way to lucent.. but no sb run for me for sure

Old 02-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
sorry dude...car is officially not mine anymore. I'll join you when i get my next phat whip.

Old 02-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by trojanman
sorry dude...car is officially not mine anymore. I'll join you when i get my next phat whip.
Bring the SL!!!

T

Old 02-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
I'll check with my dad...we mutually decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to share the car. I'll have to see if he'll let me take it on such a long drive.

Old 02-25-2005, 04:27 PM
swordsman is infamous around these parts
I'll see you guys at Lucent on Sat...I probably won't spend the night in SB though.

Old 02-26-2005, 04:33 PM
swordsman is infamous around these parts
Just checking again...are we still on for tomorrow?

Peter

Old 02-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Everything is a go! I'll see you either at Lucent or Crystal Cove. The run up to SB is on.

T

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SOCAL Santa Barbara Run on Saturday, February 26