996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My data log at 1.3bar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 07:27 AM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
My data log at 1.3bar

Next week end i will raise the boost to 1.5 bar and will do a new datalog

Attached Files
File Type: zip
datalog2.zip (7.9 KB, 142 views)
Old 09-19-2010, 08:30 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
it would be better to post a photo of the files rather then a zip file which could contain virus's more people would look at it.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:37 AM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
it would be better to post a photo of the files rather then a zip file which could contain virus's more people would look at it.
I tried but it didnt work!

Old 09-19-2010, 08:53 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Here i print screen captured it for ya

Attached Images     
Old 09-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Here i print screen captured it for ya
Thank you ,how did you find the logs?

Old 09-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by autodynamics
Thank you ,how did you find the logs?
im no expert on them and it is a bit hard to dig through the long files

its easier to read single run data then partial throttle data and a run in the middle.

and off the top of my head i cant remember the calulation to convert the decimal signal value to AFR so ill just stay quiet

Old 09-19-2010, 09:29 AM
im no expert on them and it is a bit hard to dig through the long files

its easier to read single run data then partial throttle data and a run in the middle.

and off the top of my head i cant remember the calulation to convert the decimal signal value to AFR so ill just stay quiet
To calculate the AFR you just multiply the lambda value by 14.7
per example 0.8 times 14.7=11.76

Old 09-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Get the logs looked at..... seems like she pulling timing and going rich to protect itself...
what gas you using...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-19-2010, 10:35 AM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
+1 to Markski. The timing angles are all over the place, and the AFR's seem very low in several places. I'd strongly advise you to send these logs to your tuner before increasing the boost. You might consider doing a run up from 2000 to redline in 3rd or 4th gear, also logging injector time. To make it easier to look at, perhaps you could hide most of the lines of data and export as a pdf.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FAST FWD
+1 to Markski. The timing angles are all over the place, and the AFR's seem very low in several places. I'd strongly advise you to send these logs to your tuner before increasing the boost.
Agreed.

I'd recommend reducing boost to .8 or .9 BAR (EBC turned off) and getting some more files to compare to. That way, we'll be able to see how your tune should look when higher boost is removed from the equation.

I'd also not recommend running the car at 1.3 BAR any more until your tuner get's a chance to review your data.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Agreed.

I'd recommend reducing boost to .8 or .9 BAR (EBC turned off) and getting some more files to compare to. That way, we'll be able to see how your tune should look when higher boost is removed from the equation.

I'd also not recommend running the car at 1.3 BAR any more until your tuner get's a chance to review your data.
Now i am confused my tuner saw the logs and said the logs looks good

Old 09-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Okay then.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Okay then.
what should be the best value of ignition timing between 5500 and 7000RPM?Thanks

Old 09-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Ali, send those over again if you have any concerns. You are running 98 RON/93 US octane correct?

Best,
Neil

Old 09-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by autodynamics
what should be the best value of ignition timing between 5500 and 7000RPM?Thanks
This will be different for every car and every set up! Work with your tuner on answering this question... in general they will be the only one that can accurately answer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My data log at 1.3bar