996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Went for a ride in Xico's turbo........whoa!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by paneraiwatches
May I ask what is so funny? He could have any other number of things in addition to that package, I am not a mind reader what is wrong with asking?

Old 02-22-2005, 08:28 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by gt2next
thanks for the reply. i remember seeing your car in excellence magazine awhile back and it was modded heavily back then....i'd love to see it now! i know hamann says there is no way to convert the awd tt platform to 2 wheel drive w/out having the geometry out of whack, but if i remember correctly, yours is awd anyways, right? that thing must be amazing! anyways, i am sure everybody, including me, would love to see some video of that beast sometime soon! take care.
gt2next,

The Excellence article by Dave Coleman came out in April 2004. He ran his tests in May of 2003. By the time the article arrive it was old news.

I know what Tyson says. He is corrrect, you can't mod the front like a GT3 due to the awd and the axles. We took care of that. A properly designed awd (given comparable weight, cog and track) will take a 2wd in all but very, very tight and somewhat slow turns. Hanging you butt out there and sliding does lose precious seconds. Although I do admit is is fun. The facts are, with racing compound tires my awd will take a GT3RS on most turns. Been there done that. Until Tyson sees it he won't believe it and that is ok. Hopefully, she will be ready in early April.

Now let's stop comparing car's and get back to Xico's car. It has to be in the top 1/10 of 1% of the 996tt's in the world.

Last edited by cjv; 02-22-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:45 PM
AlloutExotics is infamous around these parts
Xicos car came to my event it is truly amazing!!! WOW!!! Ill post pics!

-jt

Old 02-22-2005, 08:49 PM
AlloutExotics is infamous around these parts
xicos car

xicos car so sexy at night with the "skylights" shining in the camera! Looks like a movie star! hahaha

Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Exotic Performance
xico is infamous around these parts
Hello everyone .
To answer some of the questions posted , as Tod mentioned , my car starts with a complete EVO GT 700 engine package but it does not stop there. My new transmission which is the third one we have tried on the car , in my opinion, is by far the best i have had, it is the same transmission as the one Roger had in his GT3 RS when they won Daytona last year. The gears can be completely modifed to achieve the setting you want instead of the standard transmission which has a fixed 1st and 2 nd gear. My gearing is capable of a top speed approaching 215 mph at redline, they used all steel syncros instead of brass ones and second gear will achieve over 90mph at red line with zero turbo lag.
The suspension changes we have done in the last two weeks have been the most dramatic yet. We replaced the complete botton end of the turbo with a complete botton end from a GT3RS cup car (this changed the geometry of the car totally and it lowered it a whole inch) , all the rubber components are gone . My thanks to Rex from Moton for helping me with the new spring rates , they are awsome.
The new motons which are seven way adjustable have been paired with dual springs fron Eivac: The new spring rates are as follows, (front) on the botton a 175 lb spring with a coupler and on top a 600lb spring , (rear)on the botton a 175lb spring with a coupler and on top a 900lb spring. The moton settings are set to 3 at the top and 2 at the external canisters all the way around . The sway bars are set to the center possition (these are fron H&R) and the strut bracing in front is from Tec art . The rear is controlled by a Porsche roll cage from porsche motorsports. It took 6 hours to corner balance the car , and Glen and his crew are the best i have seen doing this.
Additional mods will be added in the next couple of months such as new custom intercoolers , fuel cooling system , additional fuel pump , titanium rods , new heads and cams ,new turbos etc. to achieve about 1000 hp . All this new work will take place at our new tunning facility in South Florida (Tunning With Choices) in a joint effort with Evo. We are having an event in Naples on March 5th for Porsche owners only (i will post more info soon on this ).

Old 02-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Exotic Performance
The ride i gave Lou today was on pump gas 93 octane . It feels considerably more agressive when i use 103 octane.

Old 02-22-2005, 09:08 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Xico,

I wouldn't recomend any titanium rods with 1000 hp. I believe they would be pretty scary with 700. Just my subjective opinion. Everything else sounds great. Your spring rates are within a couple hundred pounds of what we are running.

One question, I'm not quite sure of what a seven way adjustable is? What is being comtroled besides compression, expansion, bump and rebound?

Old 02-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Exotic Performance
Hello Chad , thanks for the advice on the rods (please tell me more on what you mean). to answer your question, what i mean is the motons have seven different settings for both Bound and rebound.

Old 02-22-2005, 09:22 PM
gt2next is infamous around these parts
xico, isyour car still awd too?? how is that possible w/ the gt3 rs suspension?

Old 02-22-2005, 09:29 PM
cjv
Originally posted by xico
Hello Chad , thanks for the advice on the rods (please tell me more on what you mean). to answer your question, what i mean is the motons have seven different settings for both Bound and rebound.
Xico,

I had titanium rods and replaced them on my second motor. All the information I have says you are pushing your luck after 700 rwhp with titanium rods.

It sounds like you described two way adjustables with seven settings for each of the two functions being controlled. The units I am currently running have four functions with ten settings to each function. A bit of an overkill for the street.

Last edited by cjv; 02-22-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:31 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Stock internals?

Old 02-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Exotic Performance
My car has 63,000 miles . 22,000 miles on the new engine with the Gt 700 and running very strong on stock internals. (is that Porsche durability , or what)

Old 02-22-2005, 09:43 PM
cjv
Originally posted by medici78
Stock internals?
medici78,

If you are refering to me I had a 3.6 that bent the six rods. It had stock internals. I also had a 3.8 with titanium rods, GT1 oil pump and Woosner 102 mm pistons. Neither of these motors are to be confused with larger displacement motor currently being built.

Old 02-22-2005, 10:27 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally posted by xico
My car has 63,000 miles . 22,000 miles on the new engine with the Gt 700 and running very strong on stock internals. (is that Porsche durability , or what)
Not bad.
What happened to the old engine?

Old 02-22-2005, 10:35 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Xico: I really love your car! not just in term of power but also how it looks, love that color with the techart kit, you have a great combination, do you have some high resolution photos? I want to keep some of them

thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Went for a ride in Xico's turbo........whoa!!!!!!!!!!