996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Went for a ride in Xico's turbo........whoa!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 05:24 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Went for a ride in Xico's turbo........whoa!!!!!!!!!!

So, I went for a ride in Xico's turbo today and I can honestly say I have NEVER felt such power, balance, and stability. His car is so ridiculously fast it made my stomach drop in every gear. We went down a straight where he accelerated from 25 to 105 in what honestly felt like 1 second. I have never ever been in such a monster!! I have driven stage 4GT modified cars and this car was substantially faster. It wasn't close. The sheer power was uttely obsurd!!

What also impressed me was the unreal handling. Xico took a very fast 90 degree turn where the car exibited ZERO body lean or sway of ANY kind. It tracked perfect. Felt like a go cart and made me wonder why Porsche doesn't make cars like this from the factory. Simply Awesome. BTW, I am brokering deals for rides in that beast. Women of coarse ride free

Lou

Old 02-22-2005, 05:29 PM
gt2next is infamous around these parts
what has been done to it? is it at cjv's level of modding?

Last edited by cjv; 02-22-2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:32 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by gt2next
I am not exacly sure, I'll let Xico answer that. Xico????

Lou

Last edited by cjv; 02-22-2005 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:41 PM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
i dont think anything is even remotely close to chad's level of tuning

Last edited by cjv; 02-22-2005 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally posted by LSM
I am not exacly sure, I'll let Xico answer that. Xico????

Lou
XICO is running our EVO GT700 Engine Upgrade System.

EVO GT700 Specs.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 02-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Orli930 is infamous around these parts
BTW, XICO new name is "DARK AND FUZZY"!

Old 02-22-2005, 06:21 PM
LSM
Originally posted by Todd @ EVO
XICO is running our EVO GT700 Engine Upgrade System.

EVO GT700 Specs.

Todd,

Xico also said something about his gearing being completely different. Did you guys do that for him as well.

Lou

Old 02-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally posted by LSM
Todd,

Xico also said something about his gearing being completely different. Did you guys do that for him as well.

Lou
We did not build his transmission. We have built close ratio gearboxes in the past. My 01 996TT has gearing like XICO's car with a top speed of 175 mph!

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 02-22-2005, 06:41 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
gt2next,

Orli930 sent me this little note awhile back. I was honored.

"Chad,

Your too funny, I am going to let in a little secret. For the "Florida crew" your are the "Holy Grail" when it comes to mod's.......we all aspire to reach your level of performance. We always are refering to your car when it comes to raising the bar."

As for Xico's car ........... I'm sure it is outstanding. My current motor, which won't be ready until sometime around the first of April will have approximately 1200 rwhp. With gearing it will attain approx. 82 mph in first. The old motor that bent all six rods had a little less than 800 rwhp. As for the suspension, don't know where to start. It has a GT3 RS running gear with exception of the front hubs which were specifically manufactured for TRG. It has posi rear end. Custom axles and cv joints. JRZ four way adjustables. Spread tract front and rear. 10" Fiske's up front and 13" Fiske's in rear on 275's and 335's Hoosiers. All rubber bushings have been replaced with solid monoballs. The tranny and motor mounts have also been custom made as we have bent them all. The PSM has been modified so as to prevent the throttle body from shutting down. That's about is as to a short course.

Last edited by cjv; 02-22-2005 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:56 PM
gt2next is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by cjv
gt2next,

Orli930 sent me this little note awhile back. I was honored.

"Chad,

Your too funny, I am going to let in a little secret. For the "Florida crew" your are the "Holy Grail" when it comes to mod's.......we all aspire to reach your level of performance. We always are refering to your car when it comes to raising the bar."

As for Xico's car ........... I'm sure it is outstanding. My current motor, which won't be ready until sometime around the first of April will have approximately 1200 rwhp. With gearing it will attain approx. 82 mph in first. The old motor that bent all six rods had a little less than 800 rwhp. As for the suspension, don't know where to start. It has a GT3 RS running gear with exception of the front hubs which were specifically manufactured for TRG. It has posi rear end. Custom axles and cv joints. JRZ four way adjustables. Spread tract front and rear. 10" Fiske's up front and 13" Fiske's in rear on 275's and 335's Hoosiers. All rubber bushings have been replaced with solid monoballs. The tranny and motor bushings have also been custom made as we have bent them all. The PSM has been modified so as to prevent the throttle body from shutting down. That about is as to a short course.
thanks for the reply. i remember seeing your car in excellence magazine awhile back and it was modded heavily back then....i'd love to see it now! i know hamann says there is no way to convert the awd tt platform to 2 wheel drive w/out having the geometry out of whack, but if i remember correctly, yours is awd anyways, right? that thing must be amazing! anyways, i am sure everybody, including me, would love to see some video of that beast sometime soon! take care.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Lou it was good meeting you and Shank at the carwash I guess the weekend turned out ok with a blast in Xicos car. That car is th phenom of S Fla P-Cars as far as fast and furious....see you next time you are in town.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Banned
MiamieNeSeX is infamous around these parts
The right question would be" What hasn't been done to the car?"

Armando

Old 02-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by cjv

won't be ready until sometime around the first of April will have approximately 1200 rwhp.
Chad, I can not even begin to fathom what your car will feel like when it's done. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Was xico's car on pump gas? Does he have anything else done besides the 700 hp upgrade?

Last edited by sticky; 02-22-2005 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:06 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by sticky
Does he have anything else dones bsides the 700 hp upgrade?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Went for a ride in Xico's turbo........whoa!!!!!!!!!!