996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help me price my EVOMS car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 12:46 PM
IUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to behold
I have spoken to lee a fee times and seen the car. He has always taken immaculate care of his cars; as a buyer I would
not question the mechanical condition. Good luck with the sale.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
I knew this was going to be interesting...

I won't price your car but I can tell you I turned down a well priced '01 3k miles with your color combo main reason the color combo itself and let me tell you the car was a creampuff and the deal was excellent. SY was perfect no problem, either NLB (my case) or Beige is ok too, but not these two together, at least in my case.

Mods are a + in a crowd like this one but may turn down most people out there and specially dumb a$$ dealers who will try to low ball you.

Last but not least milleage, price and milleage are directly related, only a few will put up with high milleage specially if $3k more could get you a car with half your miles in stock form, people are going to prefer low miles than mods any day of the week.

It will be interesting how this 6T does in the actual market, keep us posted.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:02 PM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
I think you will get more money if you sell the performance parts apart from the car.

Last edited by RxPorsche; 09-21-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by IUkid
I have spoken to lee a fee times and seen the car. He has always taken immaculate care of his cars; as a buyer I would
not question the mechanical condition. Good luck with the sale.
Uh, who are you? lol

Old 09-21-2010, 03:36 PM
IUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to behold
A good friend of hockys - was waiting for that response lol..

Old 09-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Simi_996 is infamous around these partsSimi_996 is infamous around these parts
I think most of the comments are on point. However, just coming from the CA market I can say that most of the cars under $40K have had some sort of paint work or story.

I love modified cars...I know the sellers cannot recover their costs and figure you can get a great deal. However, not knowing the previous owner, add in high mileage, and the fact that it was just done within the last 5K miles makes me wonder what went wrong?

I ended up getting an OK deal on a unmolested 996TT with 60K miles. I will probably never mod it since I cannot afford to mod it (even though I would love to mod it).

@porscheconvert: If that 05 Cab Turbo has a clean title and no body/paint work done, I would buy that car cash today!! 95K miles will not hit the resale of the car by $20-$30K.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Good points. Nothing "went wrong" I just have the chance to pick up something else 20k under value and need more cash lol. I bought the car four years ago with 75k miles. I put 5k on per year, so yeah that's correct.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:28 PM
porscheconvert is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Simi_996
I think most of the comments are on point. However, just coming from the CA market I can say that most of the cars under $40K have had some sort of paint work or story.

I love modified cars...I know the sellers cannot recover their costs and figure you can get a great deal. However, not knowing the previous owner, add in high mileage, and the fact that it was just done within the last 5K miles makes me wonder what went wrong?

I ended up getting an OK deal on a unmolested 996TT with 60K miles. I will probably never mod it since I cannot afford to mod it (even though I would love to mod it).

@porscheconvert: If that 05 Cab Turbo has a clean title and no body/paint work done, I would buy that car cash today!! 95K miles will not hit the resale of the car by $20-$30K.
Talked with the guy a few times, but he ended up not selling last I heard. Never got into paint or title...

Old 09-23-2010, 11:20 AM
So 45k it is lol.