996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help me price my EVOMS car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Help me price my EVOMS car

Hey guys I'm gonna sell my car and need some ideas on where to start on a price. It's high mileage but runs strong and looks good. Here are the details.

2002 996 Evoms gt700 twin turbo.
95k miles Kit was done about 5k miles a go.
6speed, Camel interior with leather package, carbon fiber kit.
Bose system, Navigation system.
Hre wheels 18x8.5 and 18x12 (gt2 offset) about 70% trend on Michilens.
Lowering springs and pagid pads.

Evoms gt700 kit was installed last year. It doesn't have there exhaust or header because I already had them from the previous round of mods. It but down a peak hp number of 563 in 105 degree heat on ****ty Arizona 91 pump gas. It ran a 11.19@127mph on street tires.

The bad on the car. Seat bolsters worn (very typical for mileage). Carbon fiber strip at dash/windshield peeled up. Carbon parts on steering wheels cracking, I assume both are from the heat. Headlamps need cleaned.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Lysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really nice
whatcha getting next?

Old 09-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Lysoleverywhere
whatcha getting next?
Zr1

Old 09-21-2010, 06:59 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
any interest in parting out? id take your gt2 wing and some others
pm me if you have an interest

vinny

Old 09-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Not really looking to part out seeing I've sold most of the stock parts.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:24 AM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
The mileage is pretty high...

I am not sure that the turbo upgrade will add up to the value since you know it's a car that has been Driven!

I have seen high mileage 996tt on the net for less than 45K with the mileage around the 75k mark... Now if the interior needs work too, that will definitely affect the price too...

What are you looking to get in terms of money?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:39 AM
porscheconvert is infamous around these parts
There is a black one in DC same mileage...pretty nice natural brown interior going for $32k. There was a red 05 cab turbo in dfw that was for sale for a brief period same mileage selling for $35k.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:43 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kouzman@yahoo.c

I am not sure that the turbo upgrade will add up to the value since you know it's a car that has been Driven!

I have seen high mileage 996tt on the net for less than 45K with the mileage around the 75k mark... Now if the interior needs work too, that will definitely affect the price too...

seriously, lol

Old 09-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by kouzman@yahoo.c

I can see your point with that, however it seem that the Evoms cars bring a little more money. Kinda like lingenfelter cars.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:13 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
+1 dick_997

Old 09-21-2010, 10:50 AM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
The October 2010 issue of Excellence has an excellent market-update "buyers guide" focusing on 911 Turbos. According to Excellence, a 2002 Turbo Coupe should range from a low of $33,100 to a high of $44,300.

Some (many?) people try to avoid higher-mileage cars... and, to some potential purchasers, the only thing worse than a high-mileage stock car is a high-mileage heavily modified car. Warranted or not, people fear the latter might become a money pit for maintenance and/or repairs.

The "X factor" is if the OP can find a buyer who's looking for the same or similar mods, doesn't care much about mileage, loves the color combo, etc. - but, IMHO, this car would have to be priced at the lower-middle part of the Excellence range if the OP is interested in a quick sale. If he's willing to wait and hope for the right buyer, he could price higher (low-mid 40s). Much higher than that is unrealistic, my $0.02.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:01 AM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dick_997
Seems like guys looking for cars always try to lowball what a car 'should' be worth . There is no way that car is worth 35-38k as previously hinted at, especially as it seems it is sorted out. I know it is higher mileage, and that will scare some people away, but these cars are built so well that it will run strong for a long, long time. My advice would be to get a PPI and/or leakdown test done to avoid comments like the one that its been driven hard, etc. That way you can show it is still in great condition. Fix the small things you can, a well sorted car shows an owner who takes pride. Sorry can't give a better idea on price, but just trying to help. Best of luck looks like a beautiful car.
I don't think it's lowballing but more like how the market is right now. If you see similar cars sold let's say in the range of 35-40K why would someone want to pay let's say 45 or 50K?

Because of the modifications? Well he didn't install a proto 700 kit to drive it like a grandma... Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to say that the car is no good.

Actually it's to the OP's favor and the fact that he mentions tha current flaws shows that he is realistic and true to his statements...

Now certain modifications are welcome and yes they might hold the price of the car but I doubt they would increase it... Having thrown more that 40k on my current toy (evo ix) within the last 3 years I have a feeling of what someone can get in terms of market value...

Good luck with the sale mate. Love the wheels btw!

Old 09-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
No offense intended whatsoever, but a buyer like myself wouldn't pay more than $45k for any 996TT with that kind of mileage and worn out seats, regardless of mods. Although I'm sure you are 100% correct that the car runs well and looks great, there is no getting past the chassis mileage for many of us.

Your best bet is going to be someone who knows they want a 700 hp 996TT since yours could be quite a great value there, mileage be damned. But, for a buyer like me, if you give me the choice of a bone stock car with 35k miles and a thoroughly modified example like yours with 95k miles, I'm going to take the lower mileage car every single time. You can always add mods, but you cannot take back chassis mileage.

Best wishes to you, and I hope you enjoy your upcoming ZR1!

Old 09-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Durango Kid has a spectacular aura aboutDurango Kid has a spectacular aura about
I wouldn't comment on the price unless you asked.

I considered a similarly spec'd car with the same mileage within the past few months. For me it came down to this, I wasn't overly concerned about the mileage. There are cars out there with over 100k miles on them.

Higher mileage cars are worth less than lower mileage cars. The modification costs are not 100% recoverable.

In my view, I was willing to substitute the value of the mods for the loss of value due to the mileage. We got close on price. I wanted to pay $35k, probably would have paid $38k. The seller wanted $42k and conseded to $40.5k.

Before we further narrowed the gap, I bought another car.

If you find an Interested buyer, work out a deal you can both be happy with.

Buyers should consider how they ultimately want their car to be sorted out. This kit cost a fortune to install.

I'd start somewhere between $45-50k and hope you find the right buyer.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Personally I would find someone local that is willing to buy some parts from you. (Trade plus cash for stock parts if needed). Sell the wheels, spoiler etc. Then you will get decent money. High mileage and interior will really hurt the value - regardless of mods. You can start asking for 40k and expectect to sell for 35k.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me price my EVOMS car