996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need help installing hks evc BC !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 10:54 AM
P2P
P2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the rough
Need help installing hks evc BC !

As i failed with 3 greddy boost controller i decided to install the HKS EVC boost controller. So i need to know how can i know the engine speed sensor and the throttle position sensor on the ECU ?

Appreciates all kind of infos u got guys.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
sorry to hear..
that means you have a short in the wiring from the head unit to thew solenoid... it has nothing to do with the head unit itself...
you probably didnt replace the harness...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-27-2010, 11:16 AM
P2P
P2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the rough
Actually i've controlled the boost with the last BC and reached the desired boost but suddenly after 2-3 runs it gave me a wrong reading .. when i data log the car was running on 1.38 bar while the screen giving me 0.5-0.6 max

Old 09-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
then you dont have it hooked up right...

2 things:
turn it off with the upper left button... run the car in 3rd gear.... let me know what its recording on dash and on the EBC display( it still shows boost even thought its turned off).
are you running internal or external WGs.,... how do you know its installed right? your the second member in 2 days reaching out for help on the greddy install... whos doing the install... 996 or 997tt?

click to view

Old 09-27-2010, 11:36 AM
P2P
In the dash board it give me 1.4-1.5 while the BC off and appears 0.5-0.6 on BC screen. Its a 996 with k24/18g stock headers

Old 09-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
that just verified that your ebc is hooked up wrong.... it should boost .9 bar when off

email your tuner... make him work for the money you spent.... and get the right answers...
swapping to a HKS is only going to get worse...

click to view

Old 09-27-2010, 11:59 AM
P2P
It should not coz i've played with the W'Gs spring and i think the compressor gauge i used was reading wrong i will put on a new one today and will adjust it.

but it was reading .7 - .8 last time when the BC in off mode and and i was able to adjust/raise the boost also but it was pretty high numbers like 70+% until i reached 1.2 bar approx ... then suddenly it gave me a wrong reading while BC off and on the same 0.5 - 0.6 but i feel the car is pulling 1.3 and i checked that by data logging as i mentioned.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by P2P
It should not coz i've played with the W'Gs spring and i think the compressor gauge i used was reading wrong i will put on a new one today and will adjust it.
well now your starting to be honest .... you should have not touched the WGs...

click to view

Old 09-27-2010, 12:14 PM
P2P
I'm honest from the beginning.
but the car was acting weird like reding boost and giving another boost.
Dont u have any idea which wires are the engine speed sensor and throttle position sensor on the ECU ?

Old 09-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
Just giving u a hard lol
I don't have that info I'm sure someone does.
But if ur running .5 bar when the Is off after turning down the wgs maybe that's the problem. They should start to open at 12 psi.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:00 PM
P2P
This is P2Ps friend typing. I have been helping him work on his car at home because of the problems hes had with 'for profit' installers in this country.

I usually only work on Japanese cars but its all the same thing really.

so the problem is we know for a fact that the car is boosting 1.3 bar with the greddy EBC in off mode.

so the wg's are set wrong.

the ebc used to read close to the in dash boost guage but it suddenly started reading alot lower.

this leads me to believe there is a boost leak in the boost line between the engine and the ebc.

we have had problems with hoses getting disconnected under higher boost conditions. nothing burst just broken hose clamps.

then theres the HKS EBC unit.

so Ive found the speed sensor in the wiring diagrams. but i cant seem to find a TPS or something equivalent. except for the pedal position sensor but i dont think that will work because its an electronic throttle body. hence the pedal positon sensor.

can anybody shed some light on this issue.
If we cant get help im going to try to check for continiuity from the throttle body connector and some of the ecu pins when Im done with a engine swap project im working on.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by P2P

I usually only work on Japanese cars but its all the same thing really.

so the problem is we know for a fact that the car is boosting 1.3 bar with the greddy EBC in off mode.

so the wg's are set wrong.
I disagree... if the ebc is turned OFF... then the car will only run WG springs...Im assuming they are opening like they should at 12 psi.... .8 bar...
thus the car should be running .8 bar ONLY on EBC OFF.... you guys have it set up wrong... did you take out the stock N75 grey solenoid? it has to be out of the car...
if your car is running 1.3 bar with it OFF and 1.2 at 70% with it ON- Dont you think something is wrong with the hook up?

click to view

Old 09-27-2010, 01:40 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
yeah seems pretty bizzar to me also , when the EBC is off the car should not be running that much boost , should be running .8 bar or so.

i also think its hooked up wrong.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
I never tried to hook up TPS but RPM is easy. Above the data port there will be a green and violet wire. Tap into it and go directly to the RPM input lead on the EVC and you will get a readout.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:25 PM
P2P
Just did a pressure test to the vacuum line that goes to the EBC and found a leak So i understand why its reading wrong..
Reset the W'Gs to 1 bar (with new gauge) and found the speed sensor wires @ the ECU. pins c 45 and 46 in the middle connector.
Still need to find throttle position sensor wires. Will write a full write up with pics soon.