996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pros and cons of going Mafless

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 03:57 AM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
Pros and cons of going Mafless

I think that all the issues i have been getting with my car is due to the stock Maf not being able to handle the extra air flow, is it possible to go mafless while using the stock y-pipe, throttle body and T-Plenum?

Old 09-28-2010, 06:40 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
you should discuss with tony @ EPL since i see by your sig they do your tuning....

Old 09-28-2010, 06:54 AM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
you should discuss with tony @ EPL since i see by your sig they do your tuning....
+1, and BTW I'm sure he has a solution to this, without going mafless.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:09 AM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
last time i checked i know that Tony is working on a MAF solution, but its not released yet, i hope very soon though.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
What Airbox are you using?

I was making 666rwhp (in the heat, I ran more boost and made even more power in the cold) and had one MAF problem and it was when I had the EVOMS airbox. I replaced it, went back to a stock airbox and never had a problem. I was using EPL software.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:31 AM
I am using agency power carbon fiber dual intake box (997 style) with a BMC filter.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:34 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jalmood
I am using agency power carbon fiber dual intake box (997 style) with a BMC filter.
You ever thought about just using a stock airbox?

It REALLY doesn't hurt you that much 5rwhp if that... Better than blowing MAF's 24/7.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Powell
You ever thought about just using a stock airbox?

It REALLY doesn't hurt you that much 5rwhp if that... Better than blowing MAF's 24/7.
i think i will do that i recently bought a stock airbox with stock airfilter which i am planning to install back.

i am also planning on fitting back my stock y-pipe, throttle body and T-Plenum, what do you think Powell?

Old 09-28-2010, 08:48 AM
i think i will do that i recently bought a stock airbox with stock airfilter which i am planning to install back.

i am also planning on fitting back my stock y-pipe, throttle body and T-Plenum, what do you think Powell?
The Y-Pipe and stuff maybe fine. I just know personally I also had problems with Airboxs and MAF's and once I went back to stock I was good. The power loss was minimal (butt dyno didn't even detect it LOL).

It's really weird how these cars MAF's are.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:57 AM
[quote=Powell;2990920]The Y-Pipe and stuff maybe fine. I just know personally I also had problems with Airboxs and MAF's and once I went back to stock I was good. The power loss was minimal (butt dyno didn't even detect it LOL).

It's really weird how these cars MAF's
i was very close to selling my car because of these error faults caused by the MAF.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:57 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
last time i checked i know that Tony is working on a MAF solution, but its not released yet, i hope very soon though.
If you don't want to make a mistake....wait for your tuner...wait for Toni.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Yeah i think i will wait for Tony.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:12 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Powell
The Y-Pipe and stuff maybe fine. I just know personally I also had problems with Airboxs and MAF's and once I went back to stock I was good. The power loss was minimal (butt dyno didn't even detect it LOL).

It's really weird how these cars MAF's are.
^ same for me as well, no problems since I went back to stock

Old 09-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
this is what you have... yet missing one of the most important components- MAF
there are solutions....
markski

FVD's K24/K26 Racing Turbos, AP Intercoolers, AP Silicone Boost Hoses, FVD Turbo Intake Plenum, 72LB Injectors, 5 Bar FPR, GT2 Fuel Pump, FVD Reinforced DV's, AP Dual Snorkel CF Airfilter Box, AP Racing ThrottleBody & Plenum, AP 3" Y-Pipe, Speedart 100 Cell Exhaust, Speedart Sport Headers, AMS 1 Bar Wastegate Kit, RS Clutch, LWFW, Tuned By EPL.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
this is what you have... yet missing one of the most important components- MAF
there are solutions....
markski

FVD's K24/K26 Racing Turbos, AP Intercoolers, AP Silicone Boost Hoses, FVD Turbo Intake Plenum, 72LB Injectors, 5 Bar FPR, GT2 Fuel Pump, FVD Reinforced DV's, AP Dual Snorkel CF Airfilter Box, AP Racing ThrottleBody & Plenum, AP 3" Y-Pipe, Speedart 100 Cell Exhaust, Speedart Sport Headers, AMS 1 Bar Wastegate Kit, RS Clutch, LWFW, Tuned By EPL.
Hey Mark, is there a solution with the MAF or MAFless?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pros and cons of going Mafless