996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sport Bike Kill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 05:32 PM
-X-
-X- has a spectacular aura about-X- has a spectacular aura about
Nice.. I have a 08' zx-10 170rwhp, so I know how hard they are to kill... Mine traps around 140 in the 1/4.. Your 996 must make some impressive power. If you were Rollin about 70mph the 10 shoulda been in 1st or 2nd.. vs your 4th..

Old 09-29-2010, 10:11 PM
frankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to all
Hey Bailey,

Nice kill. It doesn't matter which gsxr you come against. A properly tuned 600 can turn a 9 second quarter mile.They only get faster from there. Trouble is that rider skill plays a much larger role in the performance of the bike than in a car. If the rider is off, even a little bit, then the bike is garbage! The issue is that 90% of street riders are garbage.

Can't wait to get a proper run on my race bike against my car!

Im building my 996tt for the mile. We have built our tune around ms109. Where did you build your car?

Old 09-29-2010, 11:21 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Nice one Mikey. Good luck at the Mile bro.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:26 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MBailey
Was minding my business on the freeway when an new appearing orange Kawasaki ZX-10R pulls up beside me. I suspect he wants to play so I killed the A/C and PSM. We are rolling about 70 mph so I selected fourth gear. Then he made the fatal error ...He gave me the jump.
I felt the firewall and rang up an immediate 1.5-6 bar. I pulled a length before he hit it. After he got moving I pulled another 2 lengths (for about 3 car lengths total). Other traffic was coming up quickly so I shut her down near the top of fourth and braked.
He pulled a ricer type fly-by and would not make further eye contact so I took it as a win...
Nice kill!!

With 997tt w/750 kit we beat new stock gixxer1000 and stock genII busa ONLY WHEN ROLLING 85mph!!! 85!!!! 85!!!...Until +170 we beat new busa WITH VERY GOOD RIDER by 2 cars approx

Everytime i say that we beat them from 85mph ppl keep saying that those must be bad rider LOL!!!

I wish u raced from 85 withour giving u a jump

Many ppl overhere still think that new stock busa's r unbeatable with good rider even on high rolling

Gen II busa w.Exhuast, Bazzaz ecu, airfilter, lowered and strepped WITH AIRSHIFTER which make shifting damn quick beat same the 997tt w/750 kit by 2-3 cars going from 85 to +175

Last edited by Shotcaller; 09-30-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:42 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
very good post....

Old 09-30-2010, 08:10 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by frankster
Hey Bailey,

Nice kill. It doesn't matter which gsxr you come against. A properly tuned 600 can turn a 9 second quarter mile.
A 9-second 1/4 mile on a bike doesn't mean anything from a roll, however. Bikes slow down like a m-fer at high speeds...regardless of how good the rider is. The problem is, most bike guys honestly don't realize how much acceleration they are losing at those high speeds on their bikes...hence the continual denial and non-stop arguments that only riders that suck ever lose to a car.

But, high speeds are exactly where big power cars with good aero and gearing (like Mike's Porsche) really shine.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 09-30-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:14 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Afroman
you dd on ms109?
When you are big timer like Mike you fill your minivan with MS109.

Last edited by bmoores; 09-30-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:17 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
When you are big timer like Mike you fill fill your minivan with MS109.
You ought to see how well my lawnmower runs on C16!!

Old 09-30-2010, 10:16 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
GREAT KILL MIKE!!! Bravo Bravo! F#!!*#! right!

Old 09-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Good kill Mike!!

Bikes have a complete advantage from a stop because of their gearing. When you start to get up in the higher speeds they have to be careful on gear selection unless they have the weight to keep the front down.

Frankster when I get my car back I'd love to line up against your race bike. I won't be on MS109 anymore I'm stepping up to the big boy world of Q16...

Old 09-30-2010, 11:33 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Nice Kill! I am sure this all took place in Mexico!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:56 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by -X-
Nice.. I have a 08' zx-10 170rwhp, so I know how hard they are to kill... Mine traps around 140 in the 1/4.. Your 996 must make some impressive power. If you were Rollin about 70mph the 10 shoulda been in 1st or 2nd.. vs your 4th..
Originally Posted by art4iza
Nice one Mikey. Good luck at the Mile bro.
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Nice kill!!

With 997tt w/750 kit we beat new stock gixxer1000 and stock genII busa ONLY WHEN ROLLING 85mph!!! 85!!!! 85!!!...Until +170 we beat new busa WITH VERY GOOD RIDER by 2 cars approx

Everytime i say that we beat them from 85mph ppl keep saying that those must be bad rider LOL!!!

I wish u raced from 85 withour giving u a jump

Many ppl overhere still think that new stock busa's r unbeatable with good rider even on high rolling

Gen II busa w.Exhuast, Bazzaz ecu, airfilter, lowered and strepped WITH AIRSHIFTER which make shifting damn quick beat same the 997tt w/750 kit by 2-3 cars going from 85 to +175
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
very good post....
Originally Posted by Powell
Good kill Mike!!

Bikes have a complete advantage from a stop because of their gearing. When you start to get up in the higher speeds they have to be careful on gear selection unless they have the weight to keep the front down.

Frankster when I get my car back I'd love to line up against your race bike. I won't be on MS109 anymore I'm stepping up to the big boy world of Q16...
Originally Posted by buddyg
Nice Kill! I am sure this all took place in Mexico!
Thanks guys! Alot of good info here...

Old 09-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by PALETTE
GREAT KILL MIKE!!! Bravo Bravo! F#!!*#! right!
Thanks Corey!

Is it true that your car sold already?

Old 09-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by frankster
Where did you build your car?
Mostly in my garage with EVOMS parts... I started with a flash and worked up each level slowly since 2003.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:12 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Good kill Mike!!

youd beat franks pit bike pretty easily Powell but hes got ya beat with your current transmission issues first one to 35mph wins!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sport Bike Kill