996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Annoying Clutch Creaking!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 08:26 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Just watched the vid...Holy Crap....who is in the rocking chair!!!!!

Old 02-14-2011, 11:58 PM
calfrank is infamous around these parts
having same problem...any updates?

Hey guys, any updates on what the actual symptom was? I'm having the same problem for weeks now after i replaced the slave cylinder and accumulator. Any clues will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-15-2011, 12:27 AM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
If your squeak sounds like the video and sounds like it's coming from the bell housing and you only hear it when you push slowly on the clutch and not if you push it quickly, dollars to donuts it's dry bushings on the clutch fork. I have the same thing it's just not that loud.
I have been told that over time the bushings grease dries up and gets coated in clutch dust causing the squeak. It's not a big concern and not to worry about it and regrease it when you replace the clutch, it won't hurt anything it's just annoying.
Please take this with a grain of salt as this is what i have been told and just passing on the info.
I have had the sound for two years the car is my daily driver and have had no other issues, other than it's annoying. Hope this helps, just know your not alone

Old 02-15-2011, 12:31 AM
calfrank is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the reply. Yeah..the noise doesn't bother me too much, but i do feel it in the clutch pedal when depressing it. Not as smooth the last 1/4 way down. Do you feel it too?

Old 02-15-2011, 02:04 AM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
You bet I do

Old 02-15-2011, 07:24 AM
Centauro97 is a jewel in the roughCentauro97 is a jewel in the roughCentauro97 is a jewel in the roughCentauro97 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gearhead
...it's dry bushings on the clutch fork. I have the same thing it's just not that loud.
Exactly what I was thinking and why the techs say "don't worry". These are small-movement slow-speed bearings. Even though they are dry (unlubricated) since there is very little linear movement the wear will be very slow and will probably match the wear on the clutch so that both expire about the same time.

It is annoying, and frankly embarrasing, to have my clutch sound like a '62 pickup truck. I guess I'll just tell folks it's "race clutch" noise.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Crank your stereo before you start it.
But I know what your saying nothing more embaressing than starting your fancy Porsche in a crowded parking lot with a squeaky clutch and be that one time you get the classic Porsche puff of smoke at startup.
Everybodies looking at you like WTF.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Screamin911 has a spectacular aura aboutScreamin911 has a spectacular aura about
Mine sounded exactly like that. It happened right after I had a new clutch installed. I took it back to the dealer and they fixed it. Said it was something simple like a bushing needed greasing.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:50 AM
TekNiC3 is infamous around these partsTekNiC3 is infamous around these parts
Forgot about this thread as I stopped paying attention to the creaking noise. Not even sure it's still there or not. Will report back after the next time I drive my car.

But I did have a tech from the dealership look at it a while back and he said the same thing most are reporting on here. The clutch fork may be dry and needs to be greased up.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:25 AM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Screamin911
Mine sounded exactly like that. It happened right after I had a new clutch installed. I took it back to the dealer and they fixed it. Said it was something simple like a bushing needed greasing.

Seems like you should have taken it back to Carlsen.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:42 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
$2500 (what the dealer quoted you to "look" at the problem") is almost what a new clutch and slave repair would cost installed?

It does sound like greasing the fork is all you need though.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Could you feel anything in the pedal in conjunction with the sound? In my case, I could feel it slightly in the pedal as I slowly released the clutch. But it wasn't nearly as loud as your video, and seems to have gone away. I agree that it's probably a lube issue.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:38 PM
HowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these parts
From the picture by jpflip on the previous page, your creak will more than likely be from where the rod from the slave cylinder meets the "fork" rather than from the pivot points.

Past experience tells me spraying white lithium grease right into where rod and "fork" meet will only fix the creak for a very short time.

When you have a creak in this area, there are great forces being exerted and the rod that meets the fork is experiencing a great deal of side loading by being grabbed by the hole it is in.

Last edited by HowlerMonkey; 06-19-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Same problem here now. It's like every second time I use the cluth it is either soft and normal and then suddenly it goes stiff and a bit "rubbery" the last inch or so. Some say slave some say pressure plate and some say a dry fork....... Did the OP get any closure on this problem as it sounds exctly like mine?

Is it advisable to change pressure plate, clutch, bearings, flywheel and slave all at once or just what is needed?

Ciao JE

Old 08-03-2011, 04:05 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Not to sound stupid., but the "creak" in mine was the spring in the pedal itself. Took about 4 minutes to remove. Also gets rid of that 'detent" feeling the clutch has...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Annoying Clutch Creaking!!!