996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lexus IS F - WTH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 01:53 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Quite a thread you've got going on here Chadly. Next time post a win for us.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:03 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by raineycd
Definitely! Marksi has been on me to get it done, I have just been lazy and enjoying the car... Time to get everything up to speed and max this baby out!
It ain't hard. Just plug in the Durametric, go out on a country road and do some fourth gear pulls. Send me one of your logs when you get one.

Jon

Old 10-12-2010, 02:08 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Quite a thread you've got going on here Chadly. Next time post a win for us.
I hope to post a nice kill if my car is not 100% or if Jason makes a mistake!!! He seems to have his stuff together though...

Originally Posted by FAST FWD
It ain't hard. Just plug in the Durametric, go out on a country road and do some fourth gear pulls. Send me one of your logs when you get one.

Jon
That's what I did a few weeks back. I just have to borrow my friends cable and go do it. But, few things first, then datalog and tune the EBC!

Old 10-12-2010, 02:37 PM
racegate is infamous around these parts
Guys, one thing you shouldn't underestimate is how much of a different shifting FAST makes in a turbo car. Funny thing is, I was doing some data analysis today on something similar...check this out:

The red line is a buddy of mine's car, the blue line is mine.

Notice that my car accelerates harder in gear, but take a look at the crossover point at around the 275ft mark. I was starting to pull back, but that's the area where we both make the 2-3 shift. My shift is considerably slower, but look at what HUGE difference it makes! I went from starting to pull ahead to him literally running away from me because of my slow shift (NOTE: this was NOT a misshift, just a slow shift) and then it takes me the ENTIRE 3rd and 4th gear to catch back up speedwise (he lets off before me on these runs).

Moral of the story...if you shift slow, your performance will suffer greatly.

Last edited by racegate; 10-12-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:05 PM
j8123 is infamous around these parts
I hope to post a nice kill if my car is not 100% or if Jason makes a mistake!!! He seems to have his stuff together though...
If I make a mistake you can kick me in the nuts. It's hard as hell to miss a shift in an auto...lol If you end up beating me than there are plenty of faster cars I know that would be fun for you to run. Let me know when your ready. You might want to hurry up if you want another run though. The weather is changing and I might be moving to Florida here shortly.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:18 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by j8123
If I make a mistake you can kick me in the nuts. It's hard as hell to miss a shift in an auto...lol If you end up beating me than there are plenty of faster cars I know that would be fun for you to run. Let me know when your ready. You might want to hurry up if you want another run though. The weather is changing and I might be moving to Florida here shortly.
lol, I have the stuff, now just time to do it. You never know, maybe your foot will slip off the gas or something!

Now why would you be moving?

Old 10-13-2010, 07:31 PM
lol, I have the stuff, now just time to do it. You never know, maybe your foot will slip off the gas or something!

Now why would you be moving?
Might transfer down there shortly. Can't beat no state taxes. Let me know if you need a hand with installing.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Might transfer down there shortly. Can't beat no state taxes. Let me know if you need a hand with installing.
I am sure they make it up somewhere!

Probably won't need a hand, but you are welcome to hang if you are bored...

Will probably get started on plugs tomorrow eve, and then while things are off, pressure test and hopefully new brake pads come in while I have the wheels off.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:47 PM
New plugs in, a new hose clamp on the F hose, leak tested with 0 leaks (although I did blow off a vac hose on some check valve under the F hose. Had to put it back on and zip tied it up real good.

Now for some EBC tuning and datalogging. Hopefully tonight. Almost ready, Jason! :-)

Old 10-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
New plugs in, a new hose clamp on the F hose, leak tested with 0 leaks (although I did blow off a vac hose on some check valve under the F hose. Had to put it back on and zip tied it up real good.

Now for some EBC tuning and datalogging. Hopefully tonight. Almost ready, Jason! :-)
did you do it from the turbos... up to what PSI did you test it?
get some 100 or 104.. turn it up to 1.3 bar lol I think the result will be different... and run this time so that your in 2nd at 4000rpms or so... so he doesnt blow you away off the start with the TQ he has...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
did you do it from the turbos... up to what PSI did you test it?
get some 100 or 104.. turn it up to 1.3 bar lol I think the result will be different... and run this time so that your in 2nd at 4000rpms or so... so he doesnt blow you away off the start with the TQ he has...
Yep, capped one turbo off, and then pressurized from the other to 25psi. Held over 20psi for a while with no hissing to be heard.

I don't know of any stations around that have race gas except ones pretty far away. Would almost take a tank to go there and back!

I will see if I can get him to do a 40mph roll so I have more 2nd gear.

Will e-mail you a datalog once I get a good 3rd gear pull!

Thanks!

Old 10-16-2010, 02:33 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Chad-
You have TWO vastly different cars in the same garage! Your car at 1bar on pump gas is "fast." But run 100 or 104 and turn it up to 1.3+ and it is a completely different animal.

If he had you by a couple cars on pump, the results should be a minimum of twice that, in your favor, at 1.3 on 100+.

Enjoy bro, the guy with the Lexus seem like a good cat.....all in good fun!

Old 10-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by $manager
Chad-
You have TWO vastly different cars in the same garage! Your car at 1bar on pump gas is "fast." But run 100 or 104 and turn it up to 1.3+ and it is a completely different animal.

If he had you by a couple cars on pump, the results should be a minimum of twice that, in your favor, at 1.3 on 100+.

Enjoy bro, the guy with the Lexus seem like a good cat.....all in good fun!
I will def have to check out some race gas then!!! Yeah, Jason is a good guy! Hope he stays in town!!!

Old 10-16-2010, 08:52 PM
I will def have to check out some race gas then!!! Yeah, Jason is a good guy! Hope he stays in town!!!
I will send you some information on where to get race gas at. There is a place that sells VP in a wide varity pretty close to us. It's kind of like showing you where to purchase bullets at to shoot me with, but what the hell you should come out on kill and see what you're car can do. I have a sealed jug you can borrow, so you can fill it up there and than fill your car up before we go out, you won't waste fuel that way.

I can't do 40 rolls until I get a window switch on the kit. I tried once and it's dangrous hitting the rev limiter on nitrous. I don't have the right tires on the car yet. We can go from a higher roll so you are in the meat of your power range. maybe 65-70mph? Not sure what is best for you. I don't really have a bad speed to start at.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I will send you some information on where to get race gas at. There is a place that sells VP in a wide varity pretty close to us. It's kind of like showing you where to purchase bullets at to shoot me with, but what the hell you should come out on kill and see what you're car can do. I have a sealed jug you can borrow, so you can fill it up there and than fill your car up before we go out, you won't waste fuel that way.

I can't do 40 rolls until I get a window switch on the kit. I tried once and it's dangrous hitting the rev limiter on nitrous. I don't have the right tires on the car yet. We can go from a higher roll so you are in the meat of your power range. maybe 65-70mph? Not sure what is best for you. I don't really have a bad speed to start at.
I dont think Chad knows how to be competitive with you... even though he has on paper more HP... in reality hes loosing as a driver... Often guys think that just because they have more HP that they will spank XXX cars... not so....
Chad doesn't have experience to know if his car is 100%... his car at 1.2 bar on pump gas should be competitive.. if not then either your not telling us something or his car is not set up right... lol JK

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS F - WTH