996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lexus IS F - WTH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 10:01 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by j8123
I will send you some information on where to get race gas at. There is a place that sells VP in a wide varity pretty close to us. It's kind of like showing you where to purchase bullets at to shoot me with, but what the hell you should come out on kill and see what you're car can do. I have a sealed jug you can borrow, so you can fill it up there and than fill your car up before we go out, you won't waste fuel that way.

I can't do 40 rolls until I get a window switch on the kit. I tried once and it's dangrous hitting the rev limiter on nitrous. I don't have the right tires on the car yet. We can go from a higher roll so you are in the meat of your power range. maybe 65-70mph? Not sure what is best for you. I don't really have a bad speed to start at.
I think 60 will be OK. I will be in 3rd right about the same RPM as 2nd gear in 40. So no worries. I'll have to check out the gas!!!

Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
I dont think Chad knows how to be competitive with you... even though he has on paper more HP... in reality hes loosing as a driver... Often guys think that just because they have more HP that they will spank XXX cars... not so....
Chad doesn't have experience to know if his car is 100%... his car at 1.2 bar on pump gas should be competitive.. if not then either your not telling us something or his car is not set up right... lol JK
Thanks Mark. It it wasn't all true, I would call you a jerk! It's true, I rarely do rolls. Most of my experience is HPDE's...

I did find out that while my dash was spiking at 1.1 bar, I was really only hitting 1.0 bar on the greddy in a 3rd gear roll at 60. So I adjusted that up to 1.1ish bar.

I'll send you my 3rd gear pull log.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:08 AM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
Chad,

I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with your car or not, but even if all was good, I see how you could lose a race like this:

1) Unless you were boostbraking when you guys took off, you are at an immediate disadvantage vs. an auto V8 on nitrous.
2) 2nd gear rev-limit is a point of no recovery vs. a fast auto.

Net, sort your car out and practice some brakeboosting before you run from a roll again. It will eliminate your lag and even the race out up front. From then, all you have to do is hit your gears (before you hit the rev. limit ).

IS-F is a fast car but you should be +2 cars when its all said and done considering you should be at +100WHP vs. him.

One more thing if you'll do roll-racing - find out where your car is the strongest and run those terms. This doesn't apply to the F dude, but most of the roll-racers around Ville area will find one thing their car is good at and try to get you to race them on their terms so they go around and tell people how they put a whopping on a xyz car.

Give me a call to chat, hope all is well.

TK

Old 10-17-2010, 09:51 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tvr-4
Chad,

I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with your car or not, but even if all was good, I see how you could lose a race like this:

1) Unless you were boostbraking when you guys took off, you are at an immediate disadvantage vs. an auto V8 on nitrous.
2) 2nd gear rev-limit is a point of no recovery vs. a fast auto.

Net, sort your car out and practice some brakeboosting before you run from a roll again. It will eliminate your lag and even the race out up front. From then, all you have to do is hit your gears (before you hit the rev. limit ).

IS-F is a fast car but you should be +2 cars when its all said and done considering you should be at +100WHP vs. him.

One more thing if you'll do roll-racing - find out where your car is the strongest and run those terms. This doesn't apply to the F dude, but most of the roll-racers around Ville area will find one thing their car is good at and try to get you to race them on their terms so they go around and tell people how they put a whopping on a xyz car.

Give me a call to chat, hope all is well.

TK

Tvrtko! Where you been hiding?

I haven't tried brake boosting since my new flash. I know the last one cut the throttle. Def got to stay off the rev limiter! 3rd gear feels really strong now at a 60 roll. I have a greddy setting that gets my boost where I need it for a 3rd gear roll!

Thanks!

Old 10-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Chad,
short shift every gear at 6500

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-17-2010, 05:25 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
I have to say, this is really a fun thread. The IS-F driver seems to be a real stand up guy and almost bending over backwards to make sure Chad is able to extract the most from his car. Obviously you guys are friends, so it's just about fun. Which is why this is a fun thread. Normally in real street racing, it's all about who wins, no excuses no secrets, just plain put up or shut up. But because of the fun nature of this head to head battle between friends, it actually helps others understand their car better as well. Also, other people who might have the same setup may also be able to extract the most from their cars as a result of this thread. Cheers to both you guys!