996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lexus IS F - WTH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:36 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Lexus IS F - WTH

So was rolling with a Z06 and IS F tonight and I didn't know much about the IS F, but dang did Lexus get their stuff together! Over 400HP V8 stock and only 3700 lbs.

The guy I ran with had his car with a custom exhaust and his was around 3550 lbs. He was also running nitrous; 125 shot.

We did a couple of runs on my buddy's private road and the IS F pull 2-3 car lengths on me with the nitrous. These were 60 mph rolls. I did the first roll in 2nd gear, but was on the rev limiter in no time. So did a second roll in 3rd gear and that did better.

I was just hugely impressed with the IS F. Didn't get to race the Z06, but it was pretty well modified and the cam in it make it sound like a hot rod with the loping!

Fun night, now I just need to find some race gas and turn up the boost!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:48 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Old 10-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Patrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant future
My wife had an IS-F last year but we traded it in on a new BMW 750Li when we had our first granddaughter. The IS-F is pretty tight room-wise in the back for a car seat. Loved the sound and especially the transmission. Brakes were so good that I literally would get floaters/dizzy when we tried a full on stop! Ride was pretty rough though and the door was really narrow making it hard for me to get into and out of. (I'm 6'4" though). It's a great car but can't imagine it modded out. It's pretty much a tuned out car already...

John

Old 10-09-2010, 10:08 PM
gentileprs is infamous around these parts
I still prefer a BMW M3

Old 10-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Patrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant future
All the car magazines feel the same way. They would compare the F to the M3 and AMG63. The Lexus would always end up third but not by much. The end of each article always said the Lexus was phenomenal for their first attempt at a performance tuner car.

John

PS. Just wait for the LFA if you want performance!

Old 10-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
tracked one at lime rock couple weeks ago a little squishy in corners, m3 was much better

Old 10-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Ran into one w/ my C63 (stock except for a tune from Eurocharged) and I put 3-4 lengths on it by 120.

A very well sorted car but it was the 125 shot that made it what I would consider fast.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:59 AM
NCturbo is infamous around these parts
The Lexus ISF had one of the best gearboxes this side of a Ferrari F430 that I've ever driven. If it only had more torque, and didn't look to boy racer I would have picked one up myself. The BMW M3 also has the same exciting driver's feel, albeit a bit better than the ISF in my opinion, but both are fantastic machines. The ISF feels heavy, and has a cheapish interior compared to the M3. The one thing that I did like, was knowing I had Lexus standing behind he vehicle long term.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:59 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
drove the ISF on a track when it was first launched.

biggest problem with the car is the looks and lack of soul. it just goofy IMO and the car lacks fun factor. i prefer a 911 much more. if i needed back seats or trunk, i would get c63 or m3 over ISF for sure.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:16 AM
I think the biggest things were the nitrous and the transmission and just being a NA engine. By the time my turbos spun up in 3rd, he was 1/2 car ahead, then I started to catch up, but once I had to shift, it was over. That transmission just shifts so fast and I am probably on the slow side for skill...

Old 10-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
I am really surprised you got beat. At your level that should not happen. Even with his 125 shot you should have more power. And you are lighter and more aero. you must have a crapload of lag.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Prche951
I am really surprised you got beat. At your level that should not happen. Even with his 125 shot you should have more power. And you are lighter and more aero. you must have a crapload of lag.
Well, I know I have a small boost leak I need to track down and I don't have my EBC quite honed in, so I am probably leaving a lot on the table. Just have to make time to pressure test the system and get the boost controller 100%.

I will get him next time!

Old 10-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by raineycd
Well, I know I have a small boost leak I need to track down and I don't have my EBC quite honed in, so I am probably leaving a lot on the table. Just have to make time to pressure test the system and get the boost controller 100%.

I will get him next time!

yeah, definitely check things out. You really should have beat him easily. A boost leak somewhere would make sense. Also, if you have the stock turbo intake plenum, you might consider moving up. Those turbos suck boatloads of air and I don't think the factory setup will work well. I gained about 400 rpm in spool up by just getting the intake plenum upgrade. you can get them these days for 1k or less.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Prche951
yeah, definitely check things out. You really should have beat him easily. A boost leak somewhere would make sense. Also, if you have the stock turbo intake plenum, you might consider moving up. Those turbos suck boatloads of air and I don't think the factory setup will work well. I gained about 400 rpm in spool up by just getting the intake plenum upgrade. you can get them these days for 1k or less.
Ah cool! Only problem with the plenum is the labor!

His car is fast, don't underestimate the IS F!

Old 10-10-2010, 09:06 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Chad, Chad, Chad.... You got beat by a Lexus? As Chris Carter would say, "Come on Man"!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS F - WTH