996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My new garage with Racedeck flooring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 10:48 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
chuck does the floor feel sturdy walking on it - or can you tell it's a false floor ?

Old 03-01-2005, 10:54 AM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by Ted
Wow! That's great. It's just amazing how well you've done selling audio gear these days. You run your company well and deserve success. How's Nika? Chuck, can you only imagine the court room battles he will stir up once he finishes?! God help us all if he ever represents a malpractice case dealing with the abuse of digital conversion! Take care, looks great.

Ted

www.upstairsproductions.com
Thanks Ted,

First off, thanks for the kind words and for your business.

BTW, your studio looks awesome!!!

Nika is still working for me, but on a part time / special project basis until he gets through law school. You are correct, it should be interesting!

As for the music business, yes I feel very fortunate. I have been very blessed and I am thankful for that every single day.

See ya,
Chuck

Old 03-01-2005, 10:59 AM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by Darren
chuck does the floor feel sturdy walking on it - or can you tell it's a false floor ?
That is a great question..it does have a little bit of a "spring" to it..not too bad though. I actually think it feels great on the feet and knees!!! It is awesome for that "quick look" under the vehicle. (Where is that x*yz VW leaking again?) It is much better than the concrete in my other garage. <gr>

The bottom of every tile has a ton of little posts or a stand-off system so that moisture can drain under it.

I also love how it "tamed" the acoustics of my big square wall metal box.

Chuck

Old 03-01-2005, 11:39 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
thnx for the info chuck!

Old 03-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Darren,
I went and walked on it again..and I might have misled you before...It doesn't really have a spring to it, but it does have sort of a "hollow /plasticy" sound to it when you walk on it.

BTW, it cleans up nice...I put a damp rag on a broom and pushed it around for a couple of minutes and voila, the floor looks perfect!!

Chuck

Old 03-11-2005, 06:35 PM
sneaky is infamous around these parts
Stunning. Congratulations. Please DO post more pics!

Old 03-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Did you install all that yourself?! Or did you have someone else do it?

looks incredible.

I wanna see more pics of the GT.