996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

anyone know the pros and cons of gt3 replica seats ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 07:59 AM
911stripper has a spectacular aura about911stripper has a spectacular aura about
anyone know the pros and cons of gt3 replica seats ?

i cant justify $5000 for seats , so i have been looking into gt3 replica seats. is this a bad idea ? Rottec sells them for $1500 and this seems like a great deal compared to the real ones.

thanks for any help

Old 10-17-2010, 08:57 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
i sat ina couple pair of replica seats some dont have much for side bolsters and dont hold you in place, they are for skinny guys forsure. alot of people use the replicas. i know frankster has a set he will probably get rid of if you pm him

Old 10-17-2010, 09:05 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Definitely try to sit in some before you buy them. They are extremely narrow and a lot of guys simply won't be able to fit into them comfortably at all.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:33 AM
911stripper has a spectacular aura about911stripper has a spectacular aura about
are they more narrow than the factory gt3 seats ?

Old 10-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
No, that's not what I meant. I just meant to point out that factory (ie: European) GT3 fixed back seats are extremely narrow, and a lot of people won't be able to fit into them comfortably. Keep in mind that the term 'comfortable' is relative when describing a seat such as these.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Replica seats are great at a fraction of the cost. But my main concern would be in crash ratings, FIA approval. In case of a any misfortunate occurance.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
I just meant to point out that factory (ie: European) GT3 fixed back seats are extremely narrow, and a lot of people won't be able to fit into them comfortably.
+1, I sit about 3/4 into the seat.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:11 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
If you have much larger than a 34" waist GT3 seats are probably a no go, really tight fit. Spend the extra and get the Recaro OEM seats, it's a safety issue. If you fit they are fabulous seats.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:18 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
+1, I sit about 3/4 into the seat.
You're big Neil,don't fit on Gt3 seat.I have a friend here at home that has a 997GT3 with those seats,the european, and he berly fit because he is getting fat
now he is doing diet

Old 10-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
acutally guys the rottec seats are more comfortable than the oem gt3 version, the shoulder section is spread apart further and makes driving more comfortable.

the rottec seats have some flex to them unlink the oem gt3 seat which is mininal. i personally would only run the oem version but thats just me.

if you dont intend on driving the car too enthusiastically then the rottec makes sense. i.e if your more for looks or tired of your worn out looking seats.

you also have to consider the costing - the rottec seats brand new for a pair cost the same as a single used oem gt3 seat.

other thing is that the oem seats bolt right in the rottec's being that there some what universal take some fiddling to get installed.

hope this helps - i have been in a buddys car with rottec's and had gt3 seats in my car.. so i guess this is really coming from the horses mouth rather than just a blind sighted opinion.

it takes a little while getting used to the wide bolsters especially getting in and out of the car - if your not nimble and use the car daily a 997 sport seat would be a good alternative. the 997 seats offer a lot more side support and look a lot nicer especially with the 2/tone with alcantara inserts.

Last edited by porka; 10-17-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:00 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
I didn't fit in my seats at all what so ever , my back would hang over the sides

Old 10-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
My back barely squeezes in the bolsters, so I have some catching up to do if my back is going to "hang over the sides"....

Old 10-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
My back barely squeezes in the bolsters, so I have some catching up to do if my back is going to "hang over the sides"....

Suddenly I feel really small because I fit in my seats fairly "comfortably"... LOL!!!

Old 10-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Suddenly I feel really small because I fit in my seats fairly "comfortably"... LOL!!!
haha, if you are bovinish, you may not fit well..

Old 10-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Powell
Consider yourself lucky, there are a lot of cars that leave the shop with custom seats that I cannot even drive/ride in...

Only seat that fits me well is a Sparco..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone know the pros and cons of gt3 replica seats ?