996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

tires compared to NITTO INVO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 02:18 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
tires compared to NITTO INVO

need to get new rears tires, I have yoko advan sport 315/25/19 rears.. just got a price of $447.00 A TIRE... then I saw I can get new front and rears Nitto INVO's in the same size I have on my car now for maybe $930.00... any body have tires that compare with the INVO's price and performance? thanks

Old 10-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
I have had the conti's, the reo's, ps2's and now have the INVO's and I think they are the best of the bunch. They hook up much better than the others in a straight line and are equal to the ps2's in lateral grip. They are also much more quiet. but that may be because they have a slightly taller sidewall.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:55 PM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
I've also heard great things about the INVO tires. They seem to be good in the wet and still give dry performance similar to the ps2's.

That being said, I'm running the Kumho XS and love the grip. Price was in line iwth the INVO's. Just something to think about if you don't have to deal with snow or ice. Although, I don't think they make the 315's in a 19".

I'd go with the INVO's.

Last edited by ColoradoSilver; 10-25-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:04 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ColoradoSilver
I've also heard great things about the INVO tires. They seem to be good in the wet and still give dry performance similar to the ps2's.

That being said, I'm running the Kumho XS and love the grip. Price was in line iwth the INVO's. Just something to think about if you don't have to deal with snow or ice. Although, I don't think they make the 315's in a 19".

I'd go with the INVO's.
Have you tracked the Kumho's? how are they for noise and rain??

Old 10-25-2010, 03:13 PM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
Have you tracked the Kumho's? how are they for noise and rain??
No track use.

I have done some fun runs through some of the mountain passes and winding canyon roads here in CO. It really does take a lot to break them loose. I'm only running 530 hp or so, but the limits of the tires and the car combined are better than I am. That is to say that on those roads, I chicken out before the car reaches it's limit.

They have 2 deep channels that have made driving in the rain just fine. I wouldn't be going over 80 or so with them, but they seem to do just as well as any other in the wet with normal driving.

When I left the tire shop after having them installed it was raining pretty hard out. As I pulled out of the lot they broke free and I started to go sideways with almost no throttle. I forgot about the "new" on the tires that needed to be worn off. After about 30 miles in the dry, they were just fine in the rain.

Road noise is minimal. Certainly no worse than the Conti's taht were on the car. Maybe a little quieter.

These are not a year round tire though. I have a 4x4 for the winter here and the Porsche will be under the cover sometime in the next few weeks until spring.

I've got 235s on the front and 315s on the rear.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:23 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the info, very helpful. There are not to many non R comp tires in your (my new size) so your opinion helped.